Black People : Does anyone here have any goals and/or passions?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ManicRaider, Apr 22, 2014.

1. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    I don't know if I'm suffering from depression or some other type of mental illness but I've lost interest in almost everything. There's nothing that I'm passionate about. I feel empty inside. Maybe hearing something positive about you guys might invigorate me or at least make me feel less crummy.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Yes ... destee.com is my passion ... and many of my goals have surrounded her.

As you probably know, i 've been right in the midst of this passion for 16 years, and some of those years were fraught with depression ... what could easily be considered mental illness, a loss of interest in almost everything, impossible to be as passionate about destee.com as i wanted to be, felt empty inside, alone-while surrounded by many, feeling crummy ... yep ... alla dem ... that's me ... 4 and 5 ... :)

All of that to say ... even the best of times ... have some bad times in 'em.

Just try to remain as encouraged as you can ... during the highs and the lows.

Trouble only lasts for a season ... you just gotta make it thru the season ... alive ... :mirror:

Hope you feel more encouraged, passionate, happy, and excited soon.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

3. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926
    Hey momma Destee...Is this a sign or what?:thinking:

Luv ya dis much....:hug:

:hearts4:

Peace!

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926
    Some one I love dearly gave me some good advice early this morning..She said to think positive thoughts about yourself, and to kink out the negative thinking. You and I are in the same boat, I suffer from PTSD and I know exactly what you are talking about. What has, and do help me is this site, and the people on it.

You don't have to face things alone here...I've left for periods of time and when I've came back...I got nothing be love and respect for the members. Momma Destee has helped me many times with her insight and words of wisdom. But you have to be open to them, I know it's hard but it has worked for me.

I have sat it my garage for hours contemplating what I was going to thing, things I was going to fix, or get in order, and end up doing none of it. I have the urge, but not the will because I've lost passion in things I once loved doing. Like working of my truck, or playing my games.

I shared this with you to let you know that you are not alone....

Peace!

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
  6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Wow. You are in trouble. Saturday you post that you have a white woman festish.... then abandon that thread when others question your sincerity and SJ implies you're joshing, i. e., a white man wanting to be with a white woman? Now, without answering one question in the Festish thread, you're feeling empty inside in this one. I suggest you check out James' link. It might help you out. :news:

7. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. Sorry if some of my threads have rubbed you guys the wrong way. I didn't abandon the white woman thread, I just don't think it's as big of a problem as I had previously thought. The emptiness is something I've been feeling for awhile and is unrelated to the white woman thing.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689

I saw where skuderjaymes implied he was white, but i aint seen him show no proof.

And i did ask for it ... :pc: ... hmmm ... maybe he aint got none ... less'n you dun seen't it?

Though re-posting his claim a few times, might make it fact after folk have heard it enuff.

That probably has something to do with the way facts are made, tell the story enough.

Anywho ... he didn't say he wanted to kill his self ... depression doesn't always mean that.

Anyway ... i just wanted to get alla this in ... :swings: ... thanks for opening the door ... :wink:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    :wow:

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081

And a lot of us sincerely hope you continue in pursuit of your Passion Sister Destee, cause where would we be right now without it, ... :sad: to even think :thinking: about it, for real!