Black Relationships : DOES AGE MATTER??

Greetings...
Does age really matter and why?
Well I guess it depends on what the person seeks when they are attempting a relationship.

For me, what I seek when attempting any relationship is growing with the female of my choosing toward being the best people we can possibly be. Now with that said, I don't think it would be the best approach, at least for myself (im in my early 20's), to attempt that with someone who is in their late-40's or with someone who just turned 13, but rather with someone who is very close to being or at the same age as myself. A lot of the times relationships with wide age disparities end up producing a parent/child dynamic between both partners. I could be incorrect about what I'm saying, but that is currently the logic I follow when it comes to age disparities and attempting relationships.

doses anyone stop to think that boys are carrying a heavy load of testosterone?
that hormone will drive you crazy. i know.

Indeed bro, the brain of a teenage girl and a teenage boy brain most definitely have seriously different priorities when it comes to being close. Testosterone decreases talking in boys, while connecting through talking activates the pleasure centres in a teenage girl’s brain as her oestrogen levels increase dopamine and oxytocin.

Well I guess it depends on what the person seeks when they are attempting a relationship.

For me, what I seek when attempting any relationship is growing with the female of my choosing toward being the best people we can possibly be. Now with that said, I don't think it would be the best approach, at least for myself (im in my early 20's), to attempt that with someone who is in their late-40's or with someone who just turned 13, but rather with someone who is very close to being or at the same age as myself. A lot of the times relationships with wide age disparities end up producing a parent/child dynamic between both partners. I could be incorrect about what I'm saying, but that is currently the logic I follow when it comes to age disparities and attempting relationships.

Thanks for your input. Interesting you bring up the "parent/child" dynamic. It reminds me of the film "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" with Angela Bassett & Taye Diggs. If you haven't seen the film she was 20 years his senior and there were a few scenes in the film where the parent/child dynamic were at play.

Thanks for replying.
LOL @ "someone to put up with them". It shows that your 'long suffering qualities' is not something you carry any longer. You look filled with pride and joy with your beautiful lil' reflection...bless!!

I still have the same qualities, just for a woman my age, not an older woman with decades of baggage.

For the first time in my adult life I am dating a woman without a job, so I know my qualities are intact LOL.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back