Africa : DOES AFRICA ALWAYS NEED SOMEONE'S ELSES HELP???

"what's the "dadgummed thang" you're doing,sir"? "my dear genius brother"? "if you have not found it in yourself"? "you cannot be searching for any answers"? "unless like you; you've got all the answers"??

begging your pardon, but an understanding of this tool called "language", particularly this "english" variant, will allow for an awareness that, while, yes, there is nothing inherently "antagonistic" about the phrases that i have pulled from your post, they, generally, when used in this fashion, can be construed to serve as a "polite" form of "derisive sarcasm". in the spirit of love that exists in this House, i will attempt to not reply in kind. (but i will probably not be as completely successful as i would wish, being "only human", and still Seeking on this "Path to Enlightenment".) thank you.

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE said:
Brother AnAfrican, what's the "dadgummed thang" you're doing, sir?

Secondly, I wont be drawn into a diversionary conversation about how I choose to express myself and my thoughts. I used "WE" to express my personal and our collective relationship to Africa on many an occasion in my post, so you do the accounting on how many times I said WE instead of SHE, as if there is some mystical incantatory significance that will lift African up from her ruins...

These dumb questions you speak of my dear genius brother, are the incipient beginnings to the solution of all problems. If you have not yet found it in yourself to ask questions, you cannot be searching for any answers - unless, like you brother, you;ve got all the answers. I will return later to address some of the other posters.
i'm sorry, but "the dadgummed thang" should be like totally self-evident! "Nation Building" "Family Gathering" "Spiritual Uplifting" "Recovery and Expression of Selfhood" "Infrastructure Development" what else could "the dadgummed thang" be? ain't that obvious? well, yeah; i know that it is - you are all over this place doing a most fantastic job of doing your Share of this Uplifting!

"what am i doing?" i'm up in here trying to find some folks that are also trying to come together to understand and implement enough stuff to do the work. "what am i doing?" i'm up in here Listening, Learning, and Seeking to Understand all of the Fabulous Wisdom/Knowledge that is being Presented/Shared.

"what am i doing?" i'm continuously expanding my understanding of this technology such that it can be used by us. "what am i doing?" being available to help to seek "answers" to as many of the questions and issues that folks might run into about that technology they are using to get here.

"what am i doing?" continuing to "get down into the trenches" reaching out to some of our "dear genius" brothers and sisters trapped in that crack mess. (I WILL LEAVE NONE OF US BEHIND!!)

maybe it ain't much, but it is what i can do. it usually seems to appear to help those that i am blessed to share it with.

"secondly": as they say "don't take it personal". also "if the shoes don't fit, don't put them back on!"

"drawn into a diversionary conversation about how I choose to express myself and my thoughts."??? i wouldn't do something like that; it would waste too much of the time that i could spend learning from you your interpretation of the Knowledge that we all Share by virtue of our Being.

a bunch further down this "Path to Enlightenment" is sufficient Awareness that one Knows that one has asked, or seen asked, most all the basic questions. please don't presume to "believe" that "i have not found it in myself" to continue to ask these very same questions. also, please allow the possiblity that i may very well, in fact, have found some glimmers of "answers" to some of the more basic of them.

(oh! now i guess i understand why the Honored Elders that i have been asking these questions of for so many years (the "Search" began in 78 or 80 or so) always had "that" expression on their faces. in retrospect, i guess they were coming at me, like it appears that i am coming at "you" with their constant "why you gotta keep asking these questions? "the answers" are right in front of you!", and i would always come back "well, if i don't ask the questions, how am i gonna figure out any answers?" ... wow! the epiphanies that y'all be helping me to have around here!! Thank You!!)

back in 86 or so, when my "walkabout" led me to "the ruins of the Tower of Babel", my next older sister's mother, and her mother, gave me the Lost Books of Eden/Forgotten Books of the Bible. as i had chosen to spend that summer deeply reading, pondering and seeking to understand (even to forcing myself to study the "begats") the Bible, this book gave everything i had come to understand (since i had started Bible Study classes in the second grade - i'm 50; how long ago was that, then?) so much more Clarity, Strength and Inner Peace, that i began to live something that i read on a reader board:

"God plus Me equals a Majority"​

(drat! i was supposed to be someplace at 9:30 ... gonna miss this bus, half hour till the next one. reckon i should log out ... :laugh:)

afrika is kept in a cycle of dependency......

Afruaka has and always will have the most amount of the worlds natural resources.

The Logic of "Humanitarian Intervention"
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=STO20060513&articleId=2436

Do American economic interests threaten democracy in the Congo?
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=MUT20060116&articleId=1730

Behind the UN Security Council Resolution: Chinese, Russian and Indian Oil interests in the Sudan
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=ZYG20040919&articleId=612

Genocide and Covert Operations in Africa 1993-1999”
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=MAD20011024&articleId=495

ANY TIME AFRUAKAN NATIONS TRY TO STABILIZE THEMSELVES THE "WESTERN POWERS" UNDO THEM TO KEEP THE CONTROL.

NEW DATA ON THE MURDER OF LUMUMBA:http://www.africawithin.com/lumumba/murder_of_lumumba.htm

HERE IS AN EXCERPT: have obtained classified U.S. government documents, including a chronology of covert actions approved by a National Security Council (NSC) subgroup, that reveal U.S. involvement in -- and significant responsibility for -- the death of Lumumba, who was mistakenly seen by the Eisenhower administration as an African Fidel Castro. The documents show that the key Congolese leaders who brought about Lumumba's downfall were players in "Project Wizard," a CIA covert action program. Hundreds of thousands of dollars and military equipment were channeled to these officials, who informed their CIA paymasters three days in advance of their plan to send Lumumba into the clutches of his worst enemies. Other new details: The U.S. authorized payments to then-President Joseph Kasavubu four days before he ousted Lumumba, furnished Army strongman Mobutu with money and arms to fight pro-Lumumba forces, helped select and finance an anti-Lumumba government, and barely three weeks after his death authorized new funds for the people who arranged Lumumba's murder.

Moreover, these documents show that the plans and payments were approved by the highest levels of the Eisenhower administration, either the NSC or its "Special Group," consisting of the national security adviser, CIA director, undersecretary of state for political affairs, and deputy defense secretary.

The Repackaging of Colonialism in Africa"
http://www.projectcensored.org/publi...s/2004/10.html

The French Military Role in Chad
http://www.country-data.com/cgi-bin/query/r-2377.html

Wow, can we get back to the question I asked before this thread was ruthlessly hi-jacked???

The question is "DOES AFRICA ALWAYS NEED SOMEONE ELSES' HELP?", and forgive the misspelling for the english professors in the audience.

No one in this thread seems to ascertain the significance of the question. Every answer(except Oldiesman) is the same old knee-jerk "don't criticize us poor Black people", and "the White Man is responsible" response. It is as if we Black People play no role in our own destiny, and that we are permanently and irrevocably destroyed and decimated as a people. Well, if you feel this way, then I understand your responses, as well as the relative inaction of Africans on the continent. The question is designed to wake us from our lethargy long enough to see what role we can play, but some don't want such a wake-up call, or as Malcolm X would say, some of us want to remain on the plantation, waiting for massa to admit his wrong, and make things alright with us - as if that is somehow possible. It is THAT kind of behavioral response which I am so tired of hearing, and which the entire world is tired of hearing - that, once again, African needs YOUR HELP.

I want Africa to help herself. I don't want her reaching out to anyone but her own, Brother AnAfrican, and you nor anyone can tell me that this is the case. She seems always on bended knee, BEGGING for help from all of the very same culprits and cutthroat colonialists, who, yes sister FANYAMBO, raped her blind. The logic of, not only, keeping your rapist on the premises with you, but asking them to assist you in nursing your torn, tattered, and bruised body back to health, is sheer insanity. Yet Africans and African Americans rarely address this inconsistency, this absurd contradiction, and when someone does, they come with all kinds of reactionary rhetoric which leads me to believe they haven't either read the question, or too afraid to deal with the reality that we are an insane bunch. Fact is, when you can list as I-KHAN has done, the ways and means by which the colonialists continue in their diabolical usurpation of Africa, and still not recognize the need to kick them out, then something is more afoot here than meets the self-evident. Sorry, I don't count myself among the mesmerized.

The rhetoric is old, tired, and played, particularly when you have African leaders THEMSELVES admitting to BAD LEADERSHIP on the continent as a factor that has been completely underestimated. One year of bad leadership amounts to setting a nation back 10 years according to an article I posted which now seems to have disappeared. Imagine what 10 years of bad leadership does, then? We need to consider things like this, rather than evaluating just ONE side of the issue: White man is responsible for all that is wrong with us.

Some of us are not that STUPID! In any relationship, for better or worse, both parties must take the weight of their competence, as well as, their incompetence. The old saying is it takes two to tango, and Africa's relationship with the world is no different. Africa and Africans are not the only people on earth under seige from the U.S. and European powers. China is under seige from the U.S. and European powers, and so is every other Asian nation. and yet they're standing on their two feet, and has the U.S. business community fighting to be let in. Japan, too, is only politely accepted as a "friendly nation" because of their economic juggernaut, and so are the so-called "middle-eastern" eastern/North African countries, Egypt and Libya, under the assault of western powers. Where are their people starving, and running from out-of-control juntas as in the Sudan and Somalia?

If you've got your own situation stabilized, it becomes that much more difficult for external destabilzation. If you are confused and in disarray, then it is VERY EASY to keep you that way. If you suffer from bad and corrupt leadership, it is easier to keep you in disarray, because these corrupt and inept, and greedy people will HELP and support in their country's destabilization. It helps keep them in power.

As per our condition in America, it is clear that we are not in CONTROL of the government of this country. We are the MINORITY in this nation - the smallest minority according to census counts. Why would anyone fix their face to DARE compare African Americans with African on a continent they SHOULD be controlling as the MAJORITY population???? Thats just MORE insanity, don't you think? We have barely become full citizens in this nation in the past 40 years, and we are being compared to African NATIONS who've been INDEPENDENT for 50 years??? Wow, I'd be ashamed to jump on such a rickety bandwagon, but some of you are comfortable riding in that booby trap. RIDE ON!

But don't you dare attempt to dismiss the obvious, which is that not everything can be dismissed as the the white man is responsible, and that we Africans - whether here in the DIASPORA, or on the Continent itself - play no role in our our own failures. That right there shows the lack of accountability that only children should display without any sense of shame - and that's because CHILDREN don't know any better. What is our excuse?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back