Pan Africanism : DOES AFRICA ALWAYS NEED SOMEONE'S ELSES HELP???

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by FLATFOOTFLOOGIE, Jun 28, 2006.

1. FLATFOOTFLOOGIE

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Sister River dreams of the day when when young gangbangin' brothers will turn down any offer that seeks to destroy our communities, no matter the price tag to get the job done. I dream of a day when Africa will no longer stretch forth her mendicating arms, begging for the world's help, beseeching China, and other world powers to help do for Africa what Africans could do for herself, and her people.

I get so tired of African nations beseeching the world for help, because I know that she will never get the help from others that she seeks. Each and every deal she makes with the devil ensures her continued slavery to the world powers. When will she learn that lesson. It truly makes one wonder if all of the stories of African glories past are just a bunch of wistful distortions and imagninings of our historians and soothesayers. How do a people who built civilizations as grand as we purport, get dragged down so low as to lose complete self-confidence in their ability to build such civilizations once again? With their culture still in tact, and their languages and Gods never lost to total acculturation, Africans SHOULD demonstrate the ability to rise, again, from the ashes of ruin - and without the help of those who robbed her blind in the first place.

...but I think we are a people who want the easy way out. We want what the European has NOW, and the only way to get what the European has NOW, is to be strong and powerful enough to TAKE IT FROM HIM. As we are not strong and powerful enough to take what we want, we must resign ourselves to the excruciating task of slowly building, brick-by-brick, our own AFRICAN INSTITUTIONS, and we must resign ourselves to not making excuses. As long as you got this man in your backyard, stealing your potential oil profits out from under nose because YOU failed to invest in the kind of industrial education that would make it possible to build your own oil wells, you got a built-in EXCUSE to keep him there as your safety net. When we feel CONFIDENT enough to let him go, then all of these complaints about him and his CIA will cease to be heard, because he simply wont be around.

For now, though, I am so tired and exhausted with Africa's problems. I know that they are solvable, but at a price and a sacrifice Africans seem unwilling to make. If Africans are unwilling to solve the problems of the continent, though, others like China and the United States, will be more than happy to "HELP" her solve theirs.

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    "She'll" "learn that lesson" when WE STOP ASKING THIS QUESTION and do the dadgummed thang!

WHEN AFRICANS IN AMERICA STOP LOOKING AT AFRICA AS IF "SHE" WERE SOME OTHER PEOPLE!! duh!

the world has got to be laughing at "us" because WE are the solution! we are the most powerful Africans on the Planet, what with the "freedoms", "money", "education" and "opportunities" we throw away everyday on the bling-bling, 40s, fashion wear, hair care, gas guzzlers and all the other crap that "the devil" has brainwashed "us" into believing we need to live!!

hell, i know that i am! ...except when i'm hanging my head in shame watching "us" ask damfool questions like this!

bloody pathetic! sheesh ...

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,746
    i think africa needs a good strong antibiotic........

4. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    does africa...

africa is like a beautiful woman who has been raped many times by different men,and although she continues to get up and hang on to her dignity,she still gets raped.

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    and we help! <sigh> smh

and anybody that does any of the "approved" stuff in america is helping!! if Africans in america didn't do the work, if Africans in america didn't keep supporting the media outlets, if Africans in america didn't keep supporting the american business machine ....

i pray for the day when we get to the point where we say "we", rather than "she" when referring to Africa ...

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    When a stranger comes into your home uninvited and steals from you or rapes you, what affect would that have on you?

When someone doesn't bother to ask, or treats you with contempt and acts of violence, showing no compassion, what affect would that have on you?

When you apply for a job and know you're qualified but someone else is selected with less qualifications and they white and you're not, how would that make you feel?

When you extend a hand of goodwill, voluntarily sharing your good fortune and you're treated like the scum of the earth, how would that affect the way you think and behave?

When you're hated, murdered, spit on because of the way you look, how would that make you feel?

When you're given a deadly disease that is devastating your people, leaving thousands of babies as orphans in its wake, and treatment is deliberately withheld from you, how would you think?

I agree with anAfrican, that "SHE" (in reference to Africa) is "WE" (as in ALL Black people around the world).

What's happening in Africa is happening in America. Can WE honestly say that we're any better off living here than they are living there? Are WE the lesser of two evils living some sort of pristine life compared to how Blacks live in Africa?

After you've been RAPED and MURDERED for so many generations of people, there's more to the problem than meets the eye. There is a psychology that lies apparent on the surface that's not easily eradicated or cured simply by making a decision to fight against the oppressive regimes or groups that are in "control". I don't believe that Black people necessarily want the tangible things that we see white with. Why can't we want to live a good life just like anyone else? After all, we're just as much a part of this modern day as others.

Black people do not control the market on laziness, stupidity, low intelligence or any other form of criticism that some of us choose to believe we suffer from because they don't see what they think they should see us doing as a people.

I can understand us getting tired and frustrated sometimes because this oppression that we find ourselves "victims" of has been going on for such a long time. But when you feel tired, and you feel that frustration, don't let those emotions cause you to waiver in your beliefs and convictions as to the truth of our situation. Nor should we let ourselves succumb to the BS that others say about us critically. Sometimes the best we can do is the best we can do...but the key is to do something.

iho...

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    i love you and this response! :love:

:heart:

Destee

8. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Well said anAfrican!

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I would say you read my mind NN, but that would take away from your brilliant response.:terrific:

10. FLATFOOTFLOOGIE

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Brother AnAfrican, what's the "dadgummed thang" you're doing, sir?

Secondly, I wont be drawn into a diversionary conversation about how I choose to express myself and my thoughts. I used "WE" to express my personal and our collective relationship to Africa on many an occasion in my post, so you do the accounting on how many times I said WE instead of SHE, as if there is some mystical incantatory significance that will lift African up from her ruins...

These dumb questions you speak of my dear genius brother, are the incipient beginnings to the solution of all problems. If you have not yet found it in yourself to ask questions, you cannot be searching for any answers - unless, like you brother, you;ve got all the answers. I will return later to address some of the other posters.