Black People : Documentary "Am I African"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Mar 23, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Promo for the Documentary I produced title "Am I African" - a look at three girls of different races living in the "New" South Africa.

2. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    This sucks. Don't watch this if you're already having a bad day.

I am guessing this doc (which I am about to watch) is about a mixed kid, a white kid and an Afrikan kid. The mixed kid is cool, s/he's down (if s/he is strong enough, that is). But the only reason the whitey feel remotely Afrikan is because my Mzanzi people have lost their f'ing minds.

(watched it)

They (our people) are killing Zimbabweans and Mozambiqans that come to their country and 'take their jobs' and 'create ghettoes' - but the Indian/settler is a fellow countryman?! This kind of colonialist-induced thinking is very much prevalent in Mzanzi these days, not too strange seeing that most of our Brothers and Sisters have been free about 16 years (think long and hard about that).

I mean, this is so sick. Look at this Zulu sister, obviously WELL off (and living in Cape Town, Afrika's little Europe). Just a few years back her parents had DUMB-PASSES (documents the whiteman gave to Afrikans to have the right to go ANYWHERE) and now she's chilling with a white boyfriend, a white friend etc etc.

And the Ubuntu mind-state doesn't account for this perversion. Don't let anyone convince you of that. This is pure plantation-ghost, post-traumatic slave syndrome.

They aren't talking to a single person about Biko or ghettoes in their town or why whites are impoverished, not a single person from out in the sticks where there are no white people. And that mixed girl (so called colored, a nasty word) is half Indian I think? Come on now. Cute question, 'who is an Afrikan', but the director and the people in this documentary are not capable of answering it.

This is just a 'Personally, I feel that bla bla bla' film, which has no meaning or impact of any kind.

I bet a white man made this...

One,

- Ikoro

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    Oh you seen this whole doc?

4. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    you produced this?

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    That is why I classify myself as Black

The history of the liberated white slaves in Mauritania and how they became the rulers there is interesting, a;lso thee whites living in Kemt at the time Pythagoras wentthere to study, they called themselves African.

Now infact, someone made a post about Chinese wanting "Black" status in South Africa, for priveledges and set asides

6. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    My Sister, from the first 4 minutes here you can see where this is going can't you? Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but this kind of garbage is abundant from Mzanzi residents. This a part of the 'multicultural societies are great fun and can thrive' legion.

Let it go and let's go read a book about late Brother Biko.

One settler one bullet!

One,

- Ikoro

7. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Nobody and nothing is going to be 'the' authoritive' take on modern africa in general/your nation in particular...

As as me and mine--here in the states--are concerned:

ROOTS wasn't...

EYES ON THE PRIZE I AND II couldn't be...

ALI and MALCOLM X were/are meant to cater to a general audience...

Etc.

Though your comments did and do help to illustrate what you feel and think about the weak and strong points, as regards what the producers etc. of the documentary did and do share will all of us...

I too know of (if not a lot about) the africa, which doesn't remain that of villages/etc.:

My guess is that today's african cities, i. e., like Lagos etc. aren't all that different, i. e., in terms of being faced with the same issues and problems, etc., which generations of our folk--here--in the states --have been--for generations...

At least--there--the descendants of my distant ancestors etc. can and do have some control over their own fates etc.--i. e., at least via nations who have black leaders--not always surrogates for white ones--etc.

Not denying there is an entrenched rich (if not always powerful) white minority in South Africa:

Though no white apartheid regime to give tacit acceptance of their personal self interests?

Anyway my comments on this particular subject...

:fyi:

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Nonwhite folk trying to 'make it', in the midst of a British/European colonial related educational system, i. e., whereas some did and do know what those preppie outfits truly reflect, etc., have much different hurdles to overcome, e. g. , in order to get back to the source of their peoples past (or present) true existence, etc.

Bridging the gap between the two philosophies, which relfect kente cloth and Saville Row fronts-- is not for the timid...

That's there:

Here we're in general once removed, i. e., from loyalty to Queen (or King) and the British etc., for some easy to understand reasons...

That's the have nots takes:

The haves continue to send their young folk to Eton/Oxford/Cambridge etc.

I. e., do remember even Bill Clinton is a former Rhodes scholar, which is a name a particular former African liberation leader etc. knows far too well...

The name: Cecil Rhodes...

Though yes:

Let us interpret history...

But not always dwell on it...

Onwards towards a much better future...

Amandla...

:fyi:

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Perhaps the answers to our questions have to do with rehooking up with our various close or distant relations in the Americas etc.

I. e, ironic the white folks notion of exclusion etc. indirectly aided what past generations of our folk did hold on to, etc., since their one dimensional notion of themselves tend to be the blinders they use to block out whatever the nonwhites are up to, other than entertainment and sports, etc.

Their mainstays did and do intend to maintain their (not our) way of life etc.

On the other hand, the world is changing, even if they can't or won't acknowledge it...

So our folk who wear Capone t shirts and front like thugs have made their choices...

Also I've made my own...

:SuN044:

10. Workinprocess

Workinprocess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +223
    The video is not showing. Please post the video correctly or lead me to the youtube so that I may watch the video... Thanks in advance...

W.I.P
    :whip: