Black Women : Documentary on Black Female Beauty

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by twashing, Aug 27, 2006.

1. twashing

twashing Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Hey all. My girlfriend just showed me this documentary about standards of beauty and Black women.

Sometimes I just get blown away at our level of indoctrination - my stomach was turning throughout the film. So for me, it puts in focus the need to put our kids in Afro-centric schools from the start. I want to get other sister's reactions.
    http://www.uthtv.com/umedia/show/2052/

Tim

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    black women are the most beautiful on the planet.
    they just do not realize it. that is a large part of white supremest brain washing.
    it is possible to reverse that mindset.

when black women realize their own natural beauty a great burden will be lifted from our shoulders.

3. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Great video...

I'm so proud to see those young Sisters being able to "see the light" regardless how they were reared:terrific:. What's awful; is the young toddlers choosing the white dolls over the Black one...16/21!! Glad my daughter chooses the Black doll over a white one when prompted:angel1:

4. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    I am so happy to see these young sisters actually challenging the Western standards of beauty. To be honest, in my mid-20's it is difficult to find sisters who have realized what these teenagers/young-adults have. It makes me happy that we have some conscious youth, but also sad at the prevalence of our slave mentality in the West.

Hotep...

5. twashing

twashing Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah, I'm really glad that sister made that video too. I was really impressed. But I never really grasped how deep the beauty issue went until I saw the little children choosing the white dolls over the black dolls. And children don't lie. So within 4 - 5 years of them being born they have already been brainwashed to believe a particular stereotype. And that's corporate media doing that.

It's terrible that you sisters find it so hard to meet like-minded women on a regular basis. My girl friend was saying haw hard it was for a while to find good-looking, interesting brothers who date and are into Black women. For me too, find like-minded brothers is hard; and a lot of interesting beautiful Black women would pass me up for White men.

Tim.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    we are beauty.
    black skin, melanin, nappy hair.
    when we love ourselves the reward is so great.

7. Love Always,

Love Always, Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    This was a very remarkable video. The young women seemed very intellectual.
    It was heart breaking to see the children select the white doll.....I ask my self, "why? why do they select the white doll? Whose fault is it? Is it our fault for not teaching our children better? Is it white people fault because this is the message they project?" I just dont know....

But even if we teach them, the world will SHOW them that it is white owned....:bye:

8. Slowly

Slowly Well-Known Member MEMBER

electronic technician
    Ratings:
    +8
    wow

The doll test actually made me cry.

9. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    This film is one of the reasons why I am making prepartions to relocate outside of this country. I refuse to raise children here.

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother TWashing ... thanks for sharing.

Whew. So sad. The young Sisters were so BEAUTIFUL !!! And to think that they don't feel as good about themselves as they can. So sad.

Those babies choosing white dolls, is no different than Black Men choosing white women.

The Black women are bad, ugly, no good.

White supremacy manifests itself in so many ways.

I know Brothers are gonna probably complain about me speaking on them choosing their white dolls ... but the reality of things speak for itself. Until we are able to face the truth, little Black girls will continually be devastated in this fashion, and even more so when they become adult Black women ... watching adult Black Men choose the white dolls over and over again. Of course not all Black Men, but far too many of them, for there should not be one.

A number of years ago my daughter and i were visiting in IL together, and her heart was so broke at the number of IR in that region. Everywhere you looked, Black Men had white women. She asked me, when it's time for her to marry, will she be able to find a Black Man that wants her? Of course i was encouraging, and told her sure she would.

:heart:

Destee