Law Forum : DOCTRINE OF LACHES

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Black Law Forum Ignorance of the Law Does Not Excuse. Let's learn the law together Family!

Here is great source to look up legal terms and information.

http://www.lectlaw.com/

If you're smart and/or on your first visit you'll want one of our beautiful Library Cards.

Hey, Don't Worry! It's FREE & there's NO REGISTRATION or forms to fill out! Just come with me on a short tour that'll explain the basics so you don't get lost or in trouble when you're on your own. And since I revise it at least constantly I urge you "regulars" to come along for a refresher.

OK, follow me for my 'LECTRIC LAW LIBRARY TOUR Oh yeah! If you see some scrofulous, shady looking characters inside, don't freak-out or call the net-police. They're just lawyers or judges, and are usually quite harmless . . . outside a courtroom.

======== DOCTRINE OF LACHES =======

http://www.lectlaw.com/def/l056.htm

Based on the maxim that equity aids the vigilant and not those who procrastinate regarding their rights; Neglect to assert a right or claim that, together with lapse of time and other circumstances, prejudices an adverse party.

Neglecting to do what should or could, have been done to assert a claim or right for an unreasonable and unjustified time causing disadvantage to another.

Laches is similar to 'statute of limitations' except is equitable rather than statutory and is a common affirmative defense raised in civil actions.

Laches is derived from the French 'lecher' and is nearly synonymous with negligence.

In general, when a party has been guilty of laches in enforcing his right by great delay and lapse of time, this circumstance will at common law prejudice and sometimes operate in bar of a remedy which is discretionary for the court to afford. In courts of equity delay will also generally be prejudicial.

But laches may be excused from ignorance of the party's rights; from the obscurity of the transaction; by the pendency of a suit, and; where the party labors under a legal disability, as insanity, infancy and the like.

=====================​
Asserting Civil Rights. For Reparations.

Waiting patiently and being told to be patient.
Triggers this law.

If you wait to assert a claim.
Then the courts feel.
You don't have a case.

Especially one they should enforce.
Becuase if it was important
The laws becomes.. Why did you wait?

Talk about helping to Abrogate abolish your rights..
Or canceling of rights.

As African Americans.. we don't study enough about the LAW.

We need about Five Dozen Heavy Hitting Brothers and Sisters across the United States in several disciplines who can aid us here and get justice before the courts. Of course for a small fee. But provide a work out plan, and take the work on a contingency fee agreement.

LAWYERS are POLICE of the COURTS!

Take me before the Judge and represent me!

The only time we get an education or understanding of LAW.
Is when it traps us. Robs us of our freedoms or life.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back