Black People : Do you wear your seat belt or make your passengers wear seat belts?

rapunzal24

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 2, 2011
I have been hearing of far too many dying from not having there seat belts on, and it is alarming. When my big brother, father and godmother get in my car I have to make them put their seat belts on. I am beginning to wonder if this is a common occurrence. Do you where a seat belt, and do you make your passengers where them? If you do or don't where did you learn your habit from?

I have been hearing of far too many dying from not having there seat belts on, and it is alarming. When my big brother, father and godmother get in my car I have to make them put their seat belts on. I am beginning to wonder if this is a common occurrence. Do you where a seat belt, and do you make your passengers where them? If you do or don't where did you learn your habit from?
I forgot to answer my own question. I learned my habit from my mother, whenever we got in the car, seat belts were not an option. To this day I do not feel comfortable in my car without a seat belt on.

I do wear seat belts, and encourage others to do the same if riding with me.

It's the law in most states i think, and the last thing this Black person needs is a reason for the police to pull her over.

Just leave me alone please ... :)

:heart:

Destee

when i first started driving, i was encouraged to wear my seat belt. sometimes i did. sometimes i didn't. when i joined the military--air force--it was mandatory on base. i lived on base. it wasn't until i was in an accident, and experienced how seat beats save you, that i became big on wearing seatbelts. in most states, wearing seat belts is the law. in california, the driver is responsible for ensuring all riders under age sixteen wear their seatbelts...or get ticketed. in mississippi, the driver is responsible for ensuring all riders wear their seat belts...or get ticketed. different other states vary between these two. everyone should know what their state, and any other state they will be driving in, requires. these days, in most states, seatbelt use has become a primary offense...meaning the police can stop you just for not wearing your seatbelt. since that took effect, more people have been using seatbelts. i use them religiously.

I know that they will definitely pull you over in Chicago if you don't have your seat belt on. I just began to notice that a lot of my brothers aren't wearing them, I just wonder why? It can save your life. You are right Destee, we do not need another reason to get pulled over.

When I was in the service they really didn't monitor it...wait a minute....maybe they did. I guess I really don't know since I always had the belt on.

Someone in Chicago hit someone head on, and they were not wearing a seat belt. I think 4 people died, and the driver had just come from a super bowl party. He made a u turn and hit someone. He didn't have his seat belt on, it didn't say if the other passengers or the driver of the other car had one on. It is just so sad.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back