Black People : Do you wear your seat belt or make your passengers wear seat belts?

rapunzal24

Apr 2, 2011
when i first started driving, i was encouraged to wear my seat belt. sometimes i did. sometimes i didn't. when i joined the military--air force--it was mandatory on base. i lived on base. it wasn't until i was in an accident, and experienced how seat beats save you, that i became big on wearing seatbelts. in most states, wearing seat belts is the law. in california, the driver is responsible for ensuring all riders under age sixteen wear their seatbelts...or get ticketed. in mississippi, the driver is responsible for ensuring all riders wear their seat belts...or get ticketed. different other states vary between these two. everyone should know what their state, and any other state they will be driving in, requires. these days, in most states, seatbelt use has become a primary offense...meaning the police can stop you just for not wearing your seatbelt. since that took effect, more people have been using seatbelts. i use them religiously.
Do you require others in your car to use seatbelts?

Dre Money

Oct 22, 2011
Pensacola, Florida
I forget to wear my seatbelt a lot. A lot of times I put my seatbelt on several minutes into driving. I used to always wear it, but nowadays I don't care.

baller

Jan 28, 2001
the near north
Do you require others in your car to use seatbelts?
yes. again, the driver is responsible for those in the car. i refuse to get ticketed because someone doesn't like the feel of a seatbelt. if they're not willing, they have to find another way to get to where they want to be.

info-moetry

STAFF
STAFF
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
I have been hearing of far too many dying from not having there seat belts on, and it is alarming. When my big brother, father and godmother get in my car I have to make them put their seat belts on. I am beginning to wonder if this is a common occurrence. Do you where a seat belt, and do you make your passengers where them? If you do or don't where did you learn your habit from?
peace

Yes, i wear my seat belt these days and i make whoevers in the front seat put theirs on too. If anyone hops in the back seat, it's on them. I didn't wear it years ago before it became a law in NY and it took a while to get used to doing after it became a law.

Though i admit that i get annoyed at how it wrinkles my shirts, so if you ever see me driving by i'm the guy with no shirt on because it's on a hanger neatly placed on one of the hooks in the back.....;)

Angela22

Feb 26, 2013
I have been hearing of far too many dying from not having there seat belts on, and it is alarming. When my big brother, father and godmother get in my car I have to make them put their seat belts on. I am beginning to wonder if this is a common occurrence. Do you where a seat belt, and do you make your passengers where them? If you do or don't where did you learn your habit from?

Yeah, wear mine every time. I learned my habit from when I was a small child, and the vehicle I was in had gotten into a minor car accident. I wasn't wearing one then, and was chided for not doing so, though no one ever stressed it, as far as I remember. Since then, I've made sure to wear my seat belt each time, and remind anyone who isn't wearing theirs.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: