Black People : Do You Think We're Headed for Another Ice Age?

No prob

That is interesting about the buildings expanding. The cab driver here said he would get in touch with one of his passengers who knows something about this and can give me more information so I can let my family know if they need to prepare for something like that.

Thanks

The heat in the summer expands buildings and in the winter they contract.
That expansion and retraction takes it's toll over time. So the more frigid a winter is the more chance this could happen. I can see this happening in cities with older brick buildings.

Different people have different theories about the snow blizzard that is burying the D.C. area right now. This is more snow than they've had in 90 years and Obama has called it the "snowmageddon."

And it continues today. I got 40 inches on my balcony -- about a third blown from the roof -- but on the ground we got 2 feet consistently. (I've linked some photos I took last Saturday.) NY (Brooklyn) is my home town and I don't ever recall being hit with two major storms in one season, and so close together.

Seme folks say this is a result of global warming in the arctic that is releasing fresh water from ice glaciers into the ocean upsetting the mechanism that brings warm air up the eastern coast. Some may say this is the new ice age that's been predicted at least since 1974.

If the Gulf Stream current should fail I would not want to be anywhere north of Florida. The curious irony of climate change is that the areas that will be most devastated are the western industrialized nations -- who also happen to be the biggest destroyers of the earth. So, personally, I don't care. Bring on the ice, and the heat. :toast:

DSCN5119-800.jpg

DSCN5123-800.jpg

DSCN5136-800.jpg

DSCN5146-800.jpg

The ice age is something that hits immediately not just in days or weeks graduallybut in minutes.

The wolly mammoths were found frozen, while still chewing food, and all animalshave an instinct for knowing about any type of natural disaster or major storm

But Global Warming may cause such an occurance
http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0130-11.htm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back