Black People Politics : Do you think this is fair?

Does sugar can provide you a means for survival?
Do most people count on sugar as a means of survival?
So, are you claiming that you will absolutely die if you don't have sugar cane?

I said it provides a means for survival for some who make and invest in it. So for those people specifically, yes!

If I work/labor to create a vegetable garden, the vegetables produced is the yield.The yield is the earnings. The vegetables are the expectancy, purpose.No FRNs are involved, but labor/work was spent all the same.

The question is who are those vegetables being made for? If it for himself, the labor is justified because it is needed for survival. If he did not do this labor, he would die. Correct? Now if the vegetables are for the masses, what do you think the farmer wants in return? I will use your own term, FRN. As I said before, its all RELATIVE!

Now in this capitalistic society, it all about the bottom line. Maybe a hundred years or so your idea would be correct but not now.

Your opinion is too narrow.

And yours is too broad.

You continue in your inability to support your position. I still got it.

Give me an example of me not supporting my position. You just disagree with them and thats fine.

During last year's Halloween, kids were out trick-o-treating...They came up to a guy and instead of the guy giving each child one candy from his own stash, he grabbed candy from the kid who had the most, then distributed the kid's candy to the rest of the kids. He asked the kid if he thought this was fair. He said "But you have the most candy, so we have to give everyone else your candy." The kid of course was not happy by this...The kid said, "But I worked hard for this candy."

Do you think this is fair or not? And how so?

What does this remind you of?

EDITED

I always wonder about this custom...with the kind of sexual molestation and kidnapping that goes on in the USA, how can parents allow their children go about asking and distributing candy to total strangers. What if the guy had snatched one the children. I think this customs puts children more in danger than the fun it creates. Just my two cents worth

You said I was not making my point very clear but you sure seemed to have summed it up very well in post #108.

Post 108 is your post:

Keino said:
Why do you ask this when you already know the answer?

1) How did I sum up your point well in post #108 when post #108 is your post?
2) How does a question sum and/or clear up a point well?

You never did answer my question from post #105:

Shikamaru said:
Keino, may I infer from the sum of your posts that working for a master (employer) with the expectancy of Federal Reserve Notes under some general agreement (voluntary servitude) for the purpose of survival is your definition of work/labor?

Is the answer from you to this a yes or no?

I said it provides a means for survival for some who make and invest in it. So for those people specifically, yes!

Keino said:
The question is who are those vegetables being made for? If it for himself, the labor is justified because it is needed for survival. If he did not do this labor, he would die. Correct? Now if the vegetables are for the masses, what do you think the farmer wants in return? I will use your own term, FRN. As I said before, its all RELATIVE!

Now in this capitalistic society, it all about the bottom line. Maybe a hundred years or so your idea would be correct but not now.

I'm sensing retreat here.
You went from a position of absoluteness to speaking of relativity.

Post #101

Keino said:
In this capitalistic society it certainly is. And for the latter part of your quote, yielding fruit and vegetables for personal use may not be work but may be a benefit to you. Its all relative. But a farmer who yeields fruit for the sole idea of selling it to the masses for a profit, now that`s work.

Compare and contrast with:

Keino said:

Work and labor are synonymous terms or do I need to cite that for you?

By the by, could cite in which post of yours you either state or imply that its all relative? This is the first instance of this claim which I can recall.

A capitalist scenario is all fine and dandy, but what about the state of nature or did capitalism precede nature?

Keino said:
And yours is too broad.

If you look it up, I think you will find that it is broadly defined with multiple contexts.

Keino said:
Give me an example of me not supporting my position. You just disagree with them and thats fine.

To begin, post #98

Keino said:
If you consider walking around for a couple hours, labor, then I guess you have a totally different idea of what "work" really entails.

My response in post #99 where you never address the question nor have you for the last several rounds:

Shikamaru said:
And where in any of my posts do I make this consideration?

Work implies expectancy and purpose.
Where is the expectancy and purpose in milling about for several hours?

Your response in post #101

Keino said:
I agree with the first sentence but then you backtrack and contradict yourself. The expectancy in milling about for several hours is that paycheck you get at the end of the week lol. You act like everybody likes their job, while you forget that most people do not and are just there to survive day to day, or take care of a family.

You claim I backtrack and contradict myself yet you provide no evidence of it.

You claim the milling about for several hours is for a paycheck at the end of the week. Who gets paid like this?

You then conclude with an argumentum ad hominem without explanation of how milling about for several hours has the expectancy of a paycheck. A suggestion without merit.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back