Black People : Do you think the term NEGRO should be used here on a black message board?

peace

I agree, but the problem is that the ONE PERSON who constantly uses the term, uses it to describe everyone else except him. Therefore, leaving no other conclusion to be drawn but that the poster is in black face....

MV5BMTIxMDc0ODQ2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjIwMTM2._V1._SX361_SY450_.jpg

Peace Brother Info!

I agree...

I am also going to give your some support here, and excuse me for using the wikipedia in the process, but in this situation it will show and prove a useful tool.

You made some clear statements which have been taken out of context, and i will attempt to decode the meaning of that context, and re-focus this discussion.

Straight to the point, it concerns what some refer as 'black magic' and the equation of 'black' with 'evil' and 'spiritual darkness'.

Necromancy (/ˈnɛkrɵˌmænsi/) is a claimed form of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge. The term may sometimes be used in a more general sense to refer to black magic or witchcraft.[1][2]
The word "necromancy" derives from the Ancient Greek νεκρός (nekrós), "dead body", and μαντεία (manteía), "prophecy or divination". The compound form νεκρομαντεία is itself post-classical, first used by Origen of Alexandria in the 3rd century CE. The classical Greek term is ἡ νέκυια (nekyia), νεκυιομαντεία in Hellenistic Greek, rendered as necyomantia in Latin, and as necyomancy in 17th century English.
In Renaissance magic, necromancy (or nigromancia; nigro being the Latin counterpart of Greek negro, "black", which comes from necro, "death"[3]) was classified as the first of the seven "forbidden arts".[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necromancy

MIC CHECK: !!! En engles y espanolol!

Considerada la más negra de todas las artes mágicas malvadas, la nigromancia proviene del latin necromantia que a su vez se deriva del griego νεκρομαντία donde nekros significa muerte y manteía, adivinación o profecía, es decir, adivinación a través de la muerte.
La nigromancia es la práctica que se encarga del control de los muertos y de la adivinación a través de la consulta e invocación a los seres del inframundo con el único fin de obtener mayor conocimiento y conocer el futuro; dado que el nigromante acude a entes conocidos como espíritus operativos o espíritus de adivinación para conocer el futuro, está práctica se relaciona más con los shamanes que con los brujos .
El nigromante es entonces un tipo de hechicero especializado en esta práctica, que tiene la capacidad no sólo de ver el mundo de los muertos, también puede reanimarlos (conocidos comúnmente como zombies ) y ser su amo; para ello suelen profanar tumbas o invocar a los muertos a través de pociones que contienen la sangre los muertos mezclada con hierbas.
Actualmente la nigromancia es practicada en religiones de origen africano como el Vudú y la Santería.

http://lascosasquenuncaexistieron.com/Articulos/112/ciencias-ocultas-nigromancia

Omowale (...smh...)

MIC CHECK: !!! I'mma bust this one freestyle...so in the meanwhile...

I only wrote what I "think" because that's all that I can do.

My basis was what I had written to you earlier concerning J. A. Rogers' defense of the word--he seems convinced that "Negro" is an indigenous word of African's; so I would imagine that "Necro"--the Greek word--was based off of it, rather than it being based off of "Necro" because it seems to be an older word than Ancient Greece:

In all respect, you did not answer several questions i raised but i will still try to explain something here, with reservation. Which is to say that i will give some clues which i have not stated before even though my previous post leads into the RIGHT direction.

If we replace the 'c' in the word "Necro"---the Greek word---with a 'k' we get the ROOT 'Nkr' or 'Nkh" in ancient Egyptian (removing vowels).

If we KNOW what 'Necromancy' or 'black magic' would be equivalent to in ancient Egypt (Ta-Seti, Kemet) we are talking about what also today is known as the 'black arts' KHEMESTRY.

As a form of DIVINATION which is used as a means of PROTECTION:

nekhu=to protect, to keep guard over, to care for (the widow), to comfort.

Therefore, a 'negro', 'nekro', 'nikromancer' = a guardian, a guardian angel, biblically speaking=a "comforter".

The female form=nekha=protector, guardian.

Nekhkhu=The Aged Spirits and Gods.

Nekhekh=the "Old God".

nekhekh=to overpower, to be mighty.

Nekhekh ur Atem= the Name of the Sun at the 12th hour of the Day.

I SAW this Day Coming Forth in this Land of the Spiritually Dead, in this Wilderness awhile back which is why in a thread i posted some info regarding the Book of Gates and the 11th Hour of the Tuat.

I have just revealed to YOU not only your True Name, but the True Name of GOD in the 12th Hour and that time is NOW.

Either you walk in True Light or remain in spiritual Darkness the choice is Yours, but if you align Yourself with the confusion which has incorrectly disrupted the flow of the Nile and Niger Celestial Waters of 'Nu' then it is You who have no one to blame and will share in the Shame of those who will still come forth in the arrogance of their ignorance and state of vanitygloriuous proclaiming their correctness when clearly SHOWN and PROVEN to be Clueless in what is a Celestial BLACK Matter.

Hetep'tah!

Omowale...(and i'm out and up, up and away, like the 5th Dimensions, partying on the Mutha Ship like Anup Opis, you might know Him as Aubis, or His bros Osisris, or Heru Ausarus, i'm Mackha-El, the Ophiuchite, while summa ya'll still on sum white man's tip...or worse some otha ish...)

Greek antecedes Latin by quite some time. And ever after Rome rose to prominence and conquered Greece, the greek language was still widely used and was considered a language for the educated people. After the Roman Empire was divided, the eastern part of it called the Byzantine Empire had greek as its most important language (it already was on that region of the world).

I dont think non spanish speakers should be using that term, unless of course the entity in charge of regulating the english language has officially adopted the word as part of the english vocabulary. But even then it wouldnt make much sense since english already has the word Black in its lexicon.

For spanish speakers, using the word negro/a to refer to black people is as natural as using the world blanco/a to refer to white people. So if you hear a spanish-speaker saying negro, I doesnt necessarely mean they are using it derogatorily. But like all things, it depends on the context. For example the commonly used (at least in Argentina) insult "negro de mierda" (literally black of/made of ****) does has a racist connotation to it. But then again the word "de mierda" has always been used extensivelly to refer to something in a negative way, like "clima de mierda" (piece of **** weather), "coche de mierda" (piece of **** car), "trafico de mierda" (piece of **** traffic), etc. I could go on forever...

From the RAE (the official entity responsible for regulating the spanish language)

http://buscon.rae.es/draeI/SrvltConsulta?TIPO_BUS=3&LEMA=necromancia

necromancia o necromancía.
(Del lat. necromantīa, y este del gr. νεκρομαντεία).

1. f. Adivinación por evocación de los muertos.

http://buscon.rae.es/draeI/SrvltConsulta?TIPO_BUS=3&LEMA=nigromancia

nigromancia o nigromancía.
(De necromancia, alterado por etim. pop. por negro).

1. f. Práctica supersticiosa que pretende adivinar el futuro invocando a los muertos.
2. f. coloq. Magia negra o diabólica.

(De necromancia, alterado por etim. pop. por negro). this literally means (From necromancia, altered by popular etymlogy for negro)

The spanish word nigromancia is an alteration of the word necromancia. The latter is the correct word, the former is a corruption.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back