Black People : Do you think the term NEGRO should be used here on a black message board?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by info-moetry, Jan 6, 2012.

1. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    The term NEGROE comes from the root word NECRO which means DEAD!

Necro-phobia is a fear of the dead.

Necro-mancy is the communication with the dead.

Necro-philia is the attraction to dead things, or corpses.

So my question is do black people around you still call each other NEGRO?

As far as i know only a white person would constantly use this word online in thread titles while in the presence of black people who can't physically see him or her.

Your thoughts if you will.......................

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Black people 'around me' ONLY use the term NEGRO as a reference to a 'BLACK UNCLE TOM' or a 'Black' person with a similar disposition or 'attitude of mind'.

In essence, it is used as a negative connotation, such as, for example, 'Negro, PLEASE!".

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    As far as if it should be used here on THIS message board, not as a general operating term. If individuals choose to use that terminoloy to describe themselves, so be it.

But in general, Hail naw!

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

I agree, but the problem is that the ONE PERSON who constantly uses the term, uses it to describe everyone else except him. Therefore, leaving no other conclusion to be drawn but that the poster is in black face....

[​IMG]

5. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I think of it like this. Many Africans have become the exact definition of the term in their actions and thinking. The creation and success of Negroe has come full circle many have died many deaths and their not even physically dead yet. They engage in the deathstyle of homosexuality, the deathstyle of rap music and a culture of ignorance, the death style of the american corporate system and capitolism (which were all guilty of to a certain extent) and finally the death style of assimilation and losing our African mind, which many of us here are fighting to take back. So in that since and for that reason I often use the term negroe because until we wake up and take back our African minds many of us will be nothing but a bunch of culturally dead people in a life like simulation inside the death style of American culture...I know thats very radical of me but please tell me how any of this is not true.

6. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    This is absolutely correct.

What is a negro? Something that grows on your knee.

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

I know what you are saying about the mentally dead and i agree, but i am talking about here on a message board where very few of us even post our pictures. How can one constantly call people here NEGROES and never have even seen or met these people in person?

If someone were to call a person they don't know around my way a NEGROE they would get punched in the face or worse. To me that term is only used by outsiders from a comfortable distance (like the internet) to try and moch the very people they are talking about which is why it is a constant theme with certain individuals.

I would understand using it a couple of time trying to make a point, but to use it day in and day out in various threads on all types of topics and even some threads that have nothing to do with the term is way over the top.

The over kill should be an automatic trigger to set off the mental alarm that there is a stranger amongst claiming to be our brother.

8. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Oooh ok I see what your saying...

9. Hildegard von Krone

Hildegard von Krone Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26
    First of all the word "Negro" means "Black" in spanish, not "Death". The spanish word "Negro" in turn comes from the latin word "Niger" which means "Black". Romance languages such as Spanish, Italian, French, etc, come from Latin, which was spoken in Ancient Rome/Roman Empire. The latin word for "Death" is "Mors"

The word "Necro" is of greek origin, which means "Death". "Death" in spanish is "Muerte". Ancient Greeks didnt refer to black people as Necro. For example, Necropolis means "City of the Dead", not "City of Black People".

It is very disturbing that you want to stir trouble by spreading misinformation to your own people...but what really surprised me is that none of them questioned the garbage you were telling them.

Guys, dont let others manipulate you like that...

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    STFU genetic recessive!! Shouldn't you be out looking for some vitaman E. Instead of minding black people's business!