Black Relationships : Do You think Abortion is a Good Thing Under Some Circumstances

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by the_story, Mar 2, 2004.

1. the_story

the_story Well-Known Member MEMBER

n/a
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do u think that in some cases abortion is a Good Thing? I mean sometimes a baby can get in the way of your lifestyle...liiikkke if ur a young adult u get pregnate the fater decides he's not taking care of the baby....what do u do then, where do u go? Please give ur opinion on this....
    :heart:
    -story

2. Sun Ship

Sun Ship Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +39
    Sister_story, I see that you are quite young and asking a very deep question. I don't know if you are asking this in general, for a friend or for yourself. But, an unborn life is precious and there is a spiritual and mental side to a heavy decision of this sort that may not mean anything until years later. If you know anybody who is trying to make that type of decision they should talk to somebody they can trust and who is sympathetic. For a mother never knows, the blessing her unborn child may be to her or the world one day. I hope some of the caring and knowledgeable sisters here at this forum, will read your post and give you their helpful and hopeful opinions. I’m going to check your post daily to see if someone answers.

Peace and Love,

Brother Sun Ship :)

3. the_story

n/a
    Ratings:
    +1
    i appreciate the post brother sun ship, but sometimes u just can't do it....now i do understand the emotional depression that u might go through after abortion....but wounds can heal....it is hard but, what if u are a rape victim? Its not ur fault!!! So why should u be burdened? I know this is going to bring mad controversy, but this is my opinion.....
    -story

4. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +125
    I also am wondering if this is just a general question on your part, or if you know someone who has to face this decision. On the one end of the spectrum, there are many who, because of religious and/or ethical reasons feel that abortion is wrong no matter what the circumstance. On the other end of the spectrum, you have those who feel that it is a female's body, therefore a female's right to decide. And of course there are various opinions that lie between these two opposite ends of the spectrum.
    I hesitate to give my opinion, because, in the end, whatever decision is made has to be lived with 24/7 for the rest of your life. When this decision has to be made by a very young female, the opinions of a parent or guardian should always come into play. What brings you to ask this question, young sister?

5. the_story

n/a
    Ratings:
    +1
    this post is a situation....look i don't want to go into it...i just want a few opinions....what u think....

-story

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,182
    i'm not a woman but i will add my insight to a very deep question but yet to me
    easy made ....let start by saying one must know and understand all facts when
    two clash sexually that this can happen answer is protection ......secondly if a
    person never really want a child they must also think about keeping away from
    the inner acts of sexuality , i am very anti-abortion and say every child a life is
    as precious and dear also it's not GODLY to kill a creation of which he created
    and placed upon the womb of thy Mother forth it was so , just think where many
    would be if they felt the need to go out party or any sorce of common thing many
    would not be here today just don't believe in this type of myth all spirits of humans
    should be allowed life for this a gift a precious moment of a mother's life if a un do
    Father whom make a choice not to father the child so forth be it and take the right
    steps in action to secure the well beings of this child but the mother can bare child
    with him or without him and be what she is a mother even if she is a young adult.....

but surely some of the MOTHER'S our older sisters here can give you a better
    insight of young adult hood or being a parent at a young age and the labor of
    a child the importants of a life a creations to live ....kope i help some but look
    for more better understanding from a sistah who can express what i don't know or feel as a mother or woman but abortions is never the correct answer to me
    everyone should have a chance to live a life as oneself it's just not GODLY to
    kill .

7. the_story

n/a
    Ratings:
    +1
    okay...thanks for the insight rich, i'll think about this.....
    much love,
    -story

8. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,182
    much love unto u baby sis.....
    most welcome but always allow self to weight in self decision and
    what's best and always look at it in both ways in making a decision

9. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +125
    No pressure here, the story. But being a mom of 2 teenagers, I automatically go into mama mode. This is simply because I care. As a mother, I can say that having a child changes your life forever, as difficult as you think it is, it is that much harder. You have to make so many sacrifices of yourself, daily. You have become the whole world to an innocent life.
    I believe in freedom of choice. I am not debating this issue. I doubt that I will change anyone's mind here, nor will anyone here change mine. But, as I said before whatever decision is made will stay with you your whole life long. Not just the decision to have an abortion or not, but the initial decision to have sex or not. Just my 2 cents here.

10. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,182
    after a nother review and facts of being a victim of such curl sexual contact
    one can never look upon thy child and feel love to a point of how it was made
    yet birth given forth life and adoption is a safe hobor then to kill but again it's
    up to the solo one whom face this in life their are family members , aunts , uncles
    parents and help lines to help deal and make decision such as this but alway know
    it was never a victims fault never ......what is broken will mend .
    take the steps and surely whatever come out is best for the victim or person
    much love and peace to this sadly tale of horror a female faces and to bare
    child is even more painful coz now come these decision times
    ask some of the other sistah's for some kind of advice or guiding help
    ask your mother , aunt who can give you some directions or a close friend
    of age ......