Black Spirituality Religion : DO *YOU* SPEAK TO ANCESTORS?

Cwen fam,

My ancestors speak to me, mostly through my dreams - although I do receive mental messages to do a certain something or what not. I do divinations for people and my ancestors speak to me when I perform that work, occasionally. I have my ancestor shrine, which actually consists of two spaces. For my African ancestors, especially my Congo ones, I have cornmeal spread on the floor in an ideogram. For my First Nation ancestors, I have loaded cornhusk dolls and a ritualized bucket with a statue representation.

I've received information in my dreams, such as recipes, history, ritual workings, herb uses, spiritual instruction, names, locations, warnings, blessings and direction. I believe our ancestors are always speaking to us; our objective is to learn how to listen more intently and with clarity. Brother Meta, you are correct - in 2008 we all should make it a point to develop a more intimate relationship with our ancestors. We may be surprised by the outcome.

Seneb, I can not speak for Brother Meta and will not try to, but for me, my ancestors speak in ways I can comprehend although in dreams they may reveal certain words I've never heard before. Trust your being and your ancestors.

O-oneh,
Blackbird

Great Topic!!! ((((MS)))))

Ancestral Worship is absolutely fascinating. :jumping:

To my knowledge the only group that used this arsenal to their advantage were the Haitians. :teach:

I firmly think that if we ever mustered up the nerve to wake up and realize the power behind the power that we have our "collective" knowledge shut HAARP down....! :cake:

But alas, that's just a piped dream. Black folk are never going to wake up from the drug called religion generally nor the "the lying lore of Christianity" -- specifically! :skillet:

MetaSaience said:
Some people call it "communicating with the dead" - but we should know better, afterall it is we who perfected the craft.
This is true!
Every now and again, somewhere on Destee.com, someone might mention this, or even give some brief details about what an Ancestors has told them, in a dream or perhaps in a trance or meditation.
Yes!
As the Eur year of 2008 approaches- perhaps this is something we need to talk about more. I am certain that our Ancestors are speaking to us, the question is- who among us right now at this forum is listening?

I am listening!:SuN008: Cause I know the concept work!

Oh Dutchess you have just given us a trigger! "Something" told me to start this thread. "Something" has been speaking to me for some time now....and now "Something" is saying it's time for us to work on this communication ability.

Yes our Ancestors speak louder than any Avatar of spirituality and religion. This is because they have lived this life. Be certain that if an Ancestors says "make a left here" it because they know the road. Only those who "have been there" can truly guide us. Those who have been in the same wells we are trapped in can help us out. A Mother can guide the path of her daugther, a Father the path of his Son, now imagine what our Great great great Fathers and Mothers can do.

Seneb, the process can be frustrating- and BlackBird has provided very good wisdom because that is exactly what works well for me. The Creator speaks through your understanding, and so do Ancestors.

Ancestors are always warning us about people and events. "Something" won't feel right. "Something" will tell you, don't go with this or that person. The goal still for me is learning how to listen clearly.

This will sound strange to some people, but this is something I do to train myself to "listen." Every now and then I drive somewhere far away and literally "get lost." I drive far enough, make enough weird turns, go down enough dirt roads- until I can't figure out where I am. And then I sit in the car and I listen.

100% of the time, I will find my way back. Now, some people will chalk that up to instinct and memory. However, when I do this I am forced to open myself up to my inner guidance. Like Mother Destee's poem, I have one that says "find me whenever I am lost."

BlackBird you are a shinning example!!

Can anyone bless this thread with images of their altars?

Sis. Fine1952! Yes it is very fascinating. Now we have to be careful, because a very well educated Elder warned me against defining some of our science as "Ancestral Worship" because this is not always what we are doing. While there are many spiritual traditions that "worship" Ancestors, knowing you are still connected, or the act of connecting with a loved one might not require a full scale ritual.

This Elder told me, "when I cross over don't come Worshiping me with any fancy candles and incense talking in tongues and asking me for help- because I might try to kill you."

He was joking of course, but making an interesting point. He went on to say, "call on me just like you call me now. Open your mouth and speak, if there is something I can help you with I will."

I often think about this, because what is "worshiping?" Do we want to be worshiped when we become Ancestors? Or is worshiping just a ritualistic way of keeping someone in memory? Worshiping is actually more than just that.
A Woman knows that if a Man has posters of Janet Jackson all over the house that is worshiping her. Which means that he is "feeding" these images.

Worshiping is a very powerful ritual, and it is very important for us to take inventory of what and who we worship, why are we feeding them?

Ancestral Worship is and was part of a very strict African spiritual diet, because these rituals not only governed over our daily lives but our destiny. Yet it is also a science to Ancestral Worship and this science is something we need to overstand in order to cure the current religious obsession our people suffer from.

Let's look at it from another perspective provided by Dattatreya Siva Baba.
In this following video he speaks about a very popular "feeding ritual" for our Ancestors. In this ritual you are instructed to hold rice and sesame seeds in your right palm and pour water over it calling out to the Ancestors 6 generations on your Mother and Fathers side.

Many of you are way beyond this level and overstand how this ritual works, but why does it work?

MetaSaience said:
Oh Dutchess you have just given us a trigger! "Something" told me to start this thread. "Something" has been speaking to me for some time now....and now "Something" is saying it's time for us to work on this communication ability.

Yes our Ancestors speak louder than any Avatar of spirituality and religion. This is because they have lived this life. Be certain that if an Ancestors says "make a left here" it because they know the road. Only those who "have been there" can truly guide us. Those who have been in the same wells we are trapped in can help us out. A Mother can guide the path of her daugther, a Father the path of his Son, now imagine what our Great great great Fathers and Mothers can do.

Seneb, the process can be frustrating- and BlackBird has provided very good wisdom because that is exactly what works well for me. The Creator speaks through your understanding, and so do Ancestors.

Ancestors are always warning us about people and events. "Something" won't feel right. "Something" will tell you, don't go with this or that person. The goal still for me is learning how to listen clearly.

This will sound strange to some people, but this is something I do to train myself to "listen." Every now and then I drive somewhere far away and literally "get lost." I drive far enough, make enough weird turns, go down enough dirt roads- until I can't figure out where I am. And then I sit in the car and I listen.

100% of the time, I will find my way back. Now, some people will chalk that up to instinct and memory. However, when I do this I am forced to open myself up to my inner guidance. Like Mother Destee's poem, I have one that says "find me whenever I am lost."

BlackBird you are a shinning example!!

Can anyone bless this thread with images of their altars?

I have yet to set up an altar mainly because I did not feel ready. I am
Ready now I need direction. Could any one whom feels qualified to assit with the ideology and physical set up assit me . Thank you in advance
Hotep.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back