Black Relationships : Do you save pictures and letters of old lovedones pastrelationships?

This is a good question Liberty Lady! Personally I don't have old pictures of past girlfriends. I like to leave the past in the past, and have no such need for momentos. Indeed keeping such items can often slow the progress of future relationships, as women often take offense to pictures of old girlfriends.

This being said, I do find that women often keep pictures of past boyfriends. They are usually out of the sight of a new boyfriend, but women do often have a hidden drawer or box of their past relationships. Perhaps some of the Destee sisters can explain why these items are important to women?

I use to have pictures but only to toss them out so it don't become a problem
with me or my mate in the past i thought it was ok to savor them for keepsake
and laugh about it when you older but i learn they hold no value in my life
letters i destroyed after reading them never kept those before because it was for
my eyes only , can they be harmful YES to some point even if they are 10 years
old but i also feel they not and say NO it really depend on how one's mate look at it
and from what stand point it's a divided question because everybody see it differently
going into a new relationship a line should be drawn out of respect and discard any old
love items like letters , pictures but in many ways people keep them for keepsakes
not to remember a past love but looking over life they talk about who, what and when
through life and sometime old pictures help them remember the times , today it can
be harmful to a relationship , this was a good question libertylady

I have pictures of my exes in my photo album with all the other photos. I don't hide them but I don't point them out either.

I have a small suitcase filled with every single birthday card, thank you note, and letters that I've received in my lifetime...most of those are from friends and family, but I'm sure there are things in there from my exes. I'm not sure why I started saving these items, but now that I have...it's hard to throw them out.

Yes, this was a good question. Hmmmm....I guess it really does depend on how both people see it. If the new person in your life doesn't like it, then you need to consider his or her feelings regarding it. And also ask yourself why you still have them. If you have them because you are still inwardly missing them somehow, well that is a huge problem. I still have pictures, but they remind me of a particular event. When my ex and I split, I never went around throwing away pictures, although the ones that were sitting out that I'd see everyday, I put those away because I didn't want them within my line of sight....LOL...Interesting to see how others answer this.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back