Black Spirituality Religion : Do You Receive Revelation?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by uplift19, Apr 27, 2006.

1. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    I am sure all of us have had moments where we have thought to ourselves "where did that idea come from?" (good or bad)...Some people say only those deemed as prophets or are specially atuned in some way can receive revelation. Revelation can be an experience through visions/dreams or an idea that comes like a flash or sudden suggestion into the heart/mind of a person.

Do you think you can receive revelation? Have you had experiences where you have felt "divinely inspired"?

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    I've been pondering this question myself.....I think it can be done if we are able to understand how to access that God/dess part of our being. I have felt a passion for certain ideas that I suppose could be considered revelation. I've also had prophetic dreams that I have seen manifested. So, I don't think that it's limited to prophets....who may just to be more skilled at the gift.

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    all Life is interconnected since it is Life that creates Life. given that, all the knowledge that can be known to Life is hardwired in. therefore, any "revelations" are just accessing that hardwired internal knowledge(RA!). hence: weather affinities, "good with animals", those "eureka!" moments, and "i don't know how i know, i just know".

it is unfortunate that every aspect of this so-called "civilisation" works really hard to explicitly deny any notion that one can have faith in onceself, or that one can know everything, or that one can only seek "inspiration"/"revelation" from some external source.

i'm thinking that this is the "meme" that is gonna bust this mess all wide open, bringing us a paradigm shift in the global consciousness. that shift will be to finally recognize that "man vs nature" or "man in harmony with nature" is silly: there is simply "Nature".

... er ... did i take a wrong turn somewhere? what am i doing in here? <grin>

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace,

Depends on the energy you have surrounding you for certain periods of time...

IMHO

5. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Yes and Absolutely.

I have thought about this in-depth which is one of the things that led me to discovering the Specific Word of GOD. No one can argue with proof of ones divine revelation when it has been setting in a book for more than 2000 years.

I have even gone as far as testing my revelation by allowing any book that was written in the days when man feared GOD attempt to be shown as GOD contradicting Himself. Or discovering more passages written as “Thus saith the LORD” or “The LORD said unto me” or passages that suggest GOD Himself Speaking the Words.

You know I have yet to find old books that do that?

One would think these suggestions would be abundant over a time span of about 2000 years but one fines the Decree of GOD Speaking extremely limited and actually controlled in a manner that it proves the existence of a Power that is able to control what is written in HIS Name as HE Himself Speaking the Words.

I continue to look for Ancient books, at the moment I have on my list to read the Pyramid Text to see if Atum Himself Speaks in HIS own Words.

BTW:
    Excellent and deep philosophical question, very good.

6. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    A couple. One experience for which I'd likely be labeled insane (so I won't go there).
    But the other two were basically dreams, but extremely lucid. But I think we can all relate here, so I'll mush on. "Ya' all tucked in..."
    I felt the breeze, and touched the bark on the trees. I was talking to two of my close friends in Atlanta (yet, they live in LA now). Then there was a loud crack. We all stopped talking in shock. There wasn't any need for words, because we knew we all thought the same thing. Then I looked to the sky, and there was a really thick grey/silver cloud moving toward us. It spanded the entire length of the horizon. I left them and walked into my parent’s house, entering from the rear (never before done in my dreams). The family was all in shock also. It was actually the house, though. Nothing was strangely out of place. I walked into the restroom, and even the wall paper was exact. I flushed the toilet, then it ended. Strange.

Another: (if you have time. I'm not sleepy yet :) ) I was in a hotel of sorts. Jets were outside and missiles were being fired. Finally one came close enough to the base of the building that we felt the shake. Military moved us out of the building. We ended up in the rear of a truck. It moved slowly through the crowd. The people in the streets were all literally throwing their money at the pastor of this church. People were undressing as if they realized material items were worthless. I walked to a phone booth with a blue phone. I noticed a huge strange building behind it in the distance. I realized it wasn't the U.S. The phone rang. I answered it.

Both happened about 5 years ago.

7. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    What is Devine Revelation*

Hotep

We must understand that we are not in our "Right Mind" to receive anything. When we do receive revelations we don't trust, except, believe or feel secure enough to follow our Reveled instructions. The first thing most will do is run to some one who we think is more knowlege than ourselves to get their opinion and approvel. What is Revelation? Revelation is something that is revealed throgh our minds giving us insight into something we did not know before. We get that all the time!! But what do we do with it??....Nothing!!
    We are not sure, secure, confident, strong, self determined, liberated and free enough to receive Revelation and except to do anything with it after we get it. Let's stop fooling our self...a real man and a real woman must be willing to give their life for what they "Know" is right. If one does not know self...how will one know if the Revelation is good or bad ... Evil or Devine?? One must know that with out knowing what is real and what is not...truth from falsehood...fact from illusion...how can one tell a revelation from a daydream or a nightmare?? People Know they self Then and only then well we be "Ready" to receive devine Revelations from our Creator.

Ase`

Note: Nothing will ever be reveled to a swine eater, or any other thing that poisons the mind, body and spirit...the body must be clean at all times.

8. Auroraflower

Auroraflower Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    yes i do .....

and somthimes often.....

in dreams ...

or quick flash visions during the day........

somthimes of things that happen miles away...

and they manifest also to........

and somthimes not...
    and somthimesit depends also on how close i am with my creator...

i will come back to share some with you ...

i stilll need guidance in this....
    and growth .....
    but at a young age i didnt know what to do with them...

Now when i get a revelation or a dream that is bad ....or heavy or good....
    i start to pray

i am sensetive for energie somethimes......
    :crying: and somthimes i take in what is not ment for me..
    i have to learn to block it..
    its getting better ....

cause somthimes i simply say silent ...
    go away ,i believe in our king jezus my protector..

Loveauroraflower:heart:

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,319

I believe all who call upon the Name of the Father can receive revelation; I believe in the Holy Spirit, revelation does come. And all in faith are inspire d by the Holy and Divine, so I believe in faith that yes, inspiration comes toward the Way I walk.

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    I receive revelations on the daily. One could in fact say, religiously.