Black Women : Do You Prefer African or "Western" Styles of Fashion?

OmowaleX said:
With all the talk concerning what is "Natural" why is it that I don't see more "Natural" Black women who style themselves accordingly, as far as what you WEAR? How much of "Black Fashion" is conditioned or dictated by European beauty standards" in the workplace?

Just as I figured.....:laugh:

OmowaleX said:
With all the talk concerning what is "Natural" why is it that I don't see more "Natural" Black women who style themselves accordingly, as far as what you WEAR? How much of "Black Fashion" is conditioned or dictated by European beauty standards" in the workplace?

I don't do labels I wear what is comfortable for me..seeing how I do work in a professional environment, that does mean I have conform to what is appropriate according the their standards, as long as I am well presented, that is all that matters. As far as hair is concerned my avatar is a little old (last year) and my hair is much longer now..but I still wear it in it's natural state...
Black Fashion? can you break that down to me as to exactly what that is...I wear CLOTHES...sorry, I hate to reply to something and I am unclear as to what is being asked...

OneTrueRose said:
I don't do labels I wear what is comfortable for me..seeing how I do work in a professional environment, that does mean I have conform to what is appropriate according the their standards, as long as I am well presented, that is all that matters. As far as hair is concerned my avatar is a little old (last year) and my hair is much longer now..but I still wear it in it's natural state...
Black Fashion? can you break that down to me as to exactly what that is...I wear CLOTHES...sorry, I hate to reply to something and I am unclear as to what is being asked...

"Black"..."African"...same thing.

I am sure that there is a difference between "Black" fashion and "European" fashion.

Or is there REALLY a difference?!

Yeah i agree with OneTrueRose since we are in Rome we are required to act as the Romans, i work in a professional environment also, and i am required to dress according to policy....outside work i go with what i feel like.... sometimes i wear my wraps skirts and cowry shells sometimes i wear jeans all depends on my mood...but i do feel more sensual in my native clothes...

And you have to take into account the weather also....we can wear natives clothes anytime in africa because for the most part it is always warm..Hot! so it would be an oxymoron wearing a wrap skirt in below freeezing weather don't u think?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back