Black Women : Do You Prefer African or "Western" Styles of Fashion?

well some traditional african styles might work well here - others might well get you arrested - i tend to wear fairly western style clothes since this is where im livin - but i do like bright colors and you can get african print patterns on western clothin to have a mix of both like this.....
JagaJaga3.jpg

well some traditional african styles might work well here - others might well get you arrested - i tend to wear fairly western style clothes since this is where im livin - but i do like bright colors and you can get african print patterns on western clothin to have a mix of both like this.....
JagaJaga3.jpg

This is beautiful:)

When I was in college, and when my mom was too, there were a lot of Africans from Africa here for their education. Most of them wear what they needed to to be comfortable here, and that's more or less what everyone here is wearing. The only time I've seen any of my African friends in African dress is when they showed me pictures from back home or when they got married. They're weddings are VERY African :). Other than that they wear what doctors wear or whatever it is (profession wise) that they're going into. There's nothing wrong with that either. I imagine running around a school or hospital trying to go to classes or draw someone's blood is easier and more sanitarially lol just made up that word, done in a lab coat and jeans than a flowy dress and a heavy head wrap. Especially since it's freezing in class/hospital and even at a regular job. You can't just wear whatever you want. I can't wear a crop top and high waist jeans to work even though that's western fashion. It'd be inappropriate and I'd be cold.

I think though that a lot of black men and women would wear clothes closer to what we would wear at home if we had better access to it and if they weren't so expensive. They really are not cheap. They are beautiful though. And I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure I've seen a few black women wear African dress to church and as far as I could tell those women were black and from America not Africa so some people do wear African dress, just not a lot. It's not for lack of trying or desire when they don't wear it. Not always anyway.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back