Black Women : Do You Prefer African or "Western" Styles of Fashion?

OmowaleX said:
With all the talk concerning what is "Natural" why is it that I don't see more "Natural" Black women who style themselves accordingly, as far as what you WEAR? How much of "Black Fashion" is conditioned or dictated by European beauty standards" in the workplace?
Now I have learned years ago that you should not judge a book by its covers and even though this is for the ladies, as a young brutha who knows a few that are "councious" or "in tune" that no matter what you wear the only thing that your significant other should see is the vulnerable side,not the side that has goals,desires,wants,needs,etc. but the 'amon' that shows itself to really be in control when women I do not know stare me down....or try to start arguments over nothing..but I digress.

If a peoples very language (and sometimes the only known one) are dictated by 'others ' usage of expression (hence when you manipulate it, it becomes "deep") it is right to assume that the way people dress may fit it to (in many cases). I know women who wear what some may call euro-ideas of fashion but speaking with them makes me know that their minds and subsequent 'spirits' are in the right place. ..a growing place of constant change..while I also know some all natural sistas that turn their nose up at me on sight,roll their eyes,etc. This shows me that they assume to much but know to little and I will take some weave and straightening with an ocean for a mind/spirit any day over a natural sista who will assume she knows me from how I sound (deep voice) or dress.Why? What does that say about other aspects of her life? Wit the 'unnatural' sista if yall get together tell her what you would 'like to see' and she may oblige if she is truly interested,but you also have to do the same for her for the balance in actions.With the natural one that turns me down I know that if she believes negative about me know,I have no chance in the future unless she changes.

peace.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back