Black Relationships : Do You Prefer African or European Features in Your Woman?

Do You Prefer African or European Features in Your Woman?

• Total voters

ru2religious

Jun 10, 2008
I love all of my sistas from bright dang near white to the darkest color we can get. I must admit though and this is taking nothing away from my light-skinned sistas - I love me a dark, dark, dark chocolate sista who does the natural thing. I'm talking dreadlocks, afro, even a bald head (feminine looking of course) I love it. If she dresses African or Caribbean then on looks alone I'm sold ... lol.

Naw I'm kidding - looks along I'm not sold but it definitely good to look at but attitude is what make up 90% of a relationship. I don't believe in European features so to speak because African/AA have all the features of the world so in a sense chocolate is in no matter what a feature is supposed to represent.

Peace

Ru2religious

CreativeGrl

Dec 13, 2009
Yeah...but SHE has a preference for WHITE men.

And this is the problem I have with this entire issue. Beyonce, is much BLACKER in consciousness, and has more SOUL than the darker-skinned, politically confused, self-hating Whoopi.

But, to each his own!
Whoopi's reasoning for why she dates white men is the same as Wesley Snipes reasoning for dating white and asian women: because when they were growing up, the black boys / girls weren't attracted to them, thought they were ugly, made fun of them, and ridiculed them, but I have yet to hear a black man call Wesley a self-hating Negro.

CreativeGrl

Dec 13, 2009
Why is there this continual struggle to have lighter skinned Black women with wavy or straight hair and certain facial features accepted as PURE African?
[/I][/B]
Thank you. If you didn't say this, I would have. I find it interesting that on another thread when a sister suggested that black women expand their options to include non-black men, she was d**n near crucified and burned at the stake, yet when black men are asked about their dating preferences, they go out of their way to expand their definition of black to include women with non-traditional Afrocentric features, lighter skin tones, and straighter hair, evolving into this long, drawn-out debate over who's black and who's not. One poster even went as far as saying that because all people (including white) evolved from black people, then technically they are still considered black.

Please! Now if I came on here and said... "Dating Mick Jagger counts as dating a black man because of his big lips and wide nose, and after all, he did evolve from black people...", I would be labeled a self-hating negro, accused of having a slave mentality, and told to go study my history. But somehow it's ok for men to have this point of view? Where are all of the stone throwers from that other thread?

Can you say DOUBLE STANDARD???? :censored:

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
IMO: you generalize too broadly.....

I have yet to hear a black man call Wesley a self-hating Negro.
:fyi:Wesley is a self-hating Negro.

when black men are asked about their dating preferences, they go out of their way to expand their definition of black to include women with non-traditional Afrocentric features,
lighter skin tones, and straighter hair
when SOME black men are asked

CreativeGrl

Dec 13, 2009
:fyi:Wesley is a self-hating Negro.

when SOME black men are asked
I understand that this does not apply to ALL black men, but I do think it applies to a sizable percentage. I could see if the occasional brotha here and there felt this way, but I've heard so many men expresss this point of view that it seems like the men who don't feel this way are the exception and not the rule.

CreativeGrl

Dec 13, 2009
i look for the exceptional woman anyhow.
maybe you need to raise your sights?
Oh trust me, I'm definitely not checkin' for those brothas.

Though it's interesting you should say that. Usually the complaint is that sistas are setting the bar too high.

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
i never had that complaint........

Though it's interesting you should say that. Usually the complaint is that sistas are setting the bar too high.
my self image does not entertain a bar that is too high for me.

from what i see out there today, i think they set the bar way too low.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave: