Black People : Do You Love Black People?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Feb 20, 2008.

?

Do You Love Black People?

1. Yes

161 vote(s)
    92.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    2.3%
  3. undecided

10 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Do you love Black People?

Please vote in the poll above and post your comments below.

I absolutely LOVE Black People ... :grouphug: ... and voted accordingly.

:heart:

Destee

2. Ms Drea

Ms Drea STAFF STAFF

United States
    Educator
    Ratings:
    +272
    Greetings Family,
    I LOVE MY BLACK PEOPLE throughout the universe. Yes, indeed. I am a avid lover of people of color.
    Love & Blessings,
    Drea

3. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    Despite all my critiques and all the negative things I say/do. I know that many times I am vexed and frustrated with the behavior of my people. I know that many times I am critical of our naivete or poor judgement. I think sometimes I have feelings that are still a holdover from being a Tom.

But yes, I love my people. I don't think I could sufficiently put it into words.

I love us, because we have been the loveless. The fact that we are still on this earth is the definition of a miracle. I love us because we are resilient. A people who had so much against them. I love us because we are the long shot, the underdog, the one in a million, the trailblazer, and the comeback kids.

We were robbed of everything. Our culture, our history, our very humanity, yet we found a reason to move forward. And that we did against all odds. I love us even when we still question this miracle. When we question on humanity and our accomplishments. Most cultures are far more arrogant with much less gained. I love us for our versatility. The ability to take bits and scraps from different peoples, cultures, and philosophies. We patch things together and create a home for ourselves.

Yeah, I love my people. But in the end, I do it for something a little more selfish than all of this.

I love my people because they loved me. . .even when I didn't love them back.

4. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    why does everybody else get to love themselves

but we can't somehow???

I LOVE WHO I AM

that's black people

and i have love for all people

and all the differences

but yes i do love black people very much

5. Natinr

Natinr Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Yes, but especially

you and everyone on this board!

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    That's a very good question Destee...and it really requires more thought than we realize. First of all, when we even attempt to answer that, we have to know the difference between "an African or black person" as opposed to what we were made to be. I've met some black people who were more white than some of these white people running around. Am I to love that person simply based upon their skin? Am I in fact at that point actually seeing a " black person"? I mean, I love who we are as a people but only because I know who we are as a people, what we've done as a people, what our spirit is as a people and what our history is as a people. If a brother came to my house with some music and it was the "tubes or quiet riot or some other off the wall white music that you'd have to be on drugs to even attempt to listen to", he got to go!!! I already would know that something done happened to him that has alienated him from his, my and our reality as a people.

That's like O.J. The brother done made it very clear that although his skin may be black, he's not us! Politically and socially he may use us if and when it's needed for the sake of not being left naked out in the cold with no support system what so ever....but outside of that, the brother done made it very clear what his preference is and who he identifies with and who he relates to and prefers to be around. And it's funny, cause white people have done everything they possibly could to let him know how they see him and what he is to them...but he don't, won't, can't or chooses not to see that reality. So yes, I love black people...and I know the difference.

Like the brothers who caught Nat Turner. When they caught him, nobody at that point in time knew they caught him but Nat and them. In other words, just like they caught him it was just as easy for them to say: "we didn't see em master", but that part of them which was black was gone. in it's place was the incubus of white people doing the job it was intended to do. I don't want to ramble on with this, so lets quit it. (smiles)

7. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Keita, you are sounding off like Miles Davis with that one. Very critical points you've made.

I remember KRS-ONE breaking it down like that too. "Am I really Black?" he asked his audience. And even I had to think about it. Everyone who is "Black" is not a Brotha or Sistah. And then again, love and like are different.

Even Dr. King said you can love anyone, but it's hard to "like" just anyone. I can say I love Humanity, and I wish peace for all of Humanity.

I do love Black people. Black people are my spirituality, my religion, my culture, my intelligence, my voice, my wants and needs.

But do I "like" all Black people. No. I do not. So what's the difference. "Like" means just that. We are not all a-like. Therefore, we only really "like" those who are "like" us. Love on the other hand, is an offered respect and understanding. I can respect and understand what we are, but I do not always like it.

What is more important? Well, that depends on the relationship. You should like people you live in the same house with. People get married to people they don't really like sometimes. They are not "alike" or of the same wave length. Because they are taught that "love" is more important. Not always true. Love would work, if this couple lived in seperate houses for example, or even in seperate cities. Then, love would work out just fine. Love is what the Sun is doing to the Earth. The distance makes a difference.

So we can say we love Black people, because all Black people do not live in our houses. IE- love thy neighbor is only possible if you can like thy neighbor.
    Do we like the knuckleheads on the block? The Prostitutes on the corner, the dealers, the pimps? No. First of all, that's not what we are all about anyway.

But I've heard people say "I can't stand black people" too. I can tell most people on Destee are very geninue. Yet someone needs to take a microphone and a camera and walk around our communities and ask the same question.

Great Topic!

8. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Do I Do ...yes

Being and thinking is intellect. I love Black People because we are. We exist, I am.

We are great thinkers. If given air ( time ) to ponder and absorb. We create.

We innovate. We discover and create new out of old. Never loosing the element and base of creation. We know because we did. We saw, and we were there.

When this earth was created we were with God. One, Unity in the one. We confer unity, we donate unity in fragmented times, but it is because we are consumed with and by others and thier nonsense.

We exist by giving them unity. Against us. Against ourselves. Cause we take the bait. We the unity which makes them what they are. Must bite and take the bait. In a way that has been given thought and a brief moment to clarify the issue. Then deliver back a blow as only we can that rocks the mind of many. Intellect. I love our minds.:em0100:

9. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795

You have quite a few great points and statements in your post.

If we are "only really "like" those who are "like" us."

Wouldn't that limit who we are and can become? Would that limit our understanding of others and what we encounter?

I am many of one. I absorb and assimilate my surroundings. From that I create out of that what parts I want from the whole.

What I am saying is I surround myself with friend and foe, pro and con. I want all sides and opinions.

“ Do we like the knuckleheads on the block? The Prostitutes on the corner, the dealers, the pimps? No. First of all, that's not what we are all about anyway. “

The knuckleheads keep me laughing... we laugh sometimes together... Cause I call them a knucklehead. Locally one knucklehead isn’t a knucklehead at all. He is drug dealer playing knucklehead. So I don’t kid him long.

I know the dealers. I know the prostitutes and the homeless and we never cross ill words or opinions.

We speak; I express my view and ask questions of why and how they chose to choose what they are doing.

I do the same with homeless. I offer to buy them a meal or a drink if that is what they desire. I try hard not to judge, I am curious I suppose. I leave each with more understanding, and I believe and know I have turned one if not a few around.

The prostitute was my first girl friend. I was ten she was thirteen. When I met her again I was 17. She was beautiful and strung out on heroin. I spent one day speaking to her on her corner.

I later visited her at her home and spent the afternoon. She saw in herself a desire to become who I knew she was. A beautiful Black Woman. When I saw her months later I knew she was free and clear of her pimp and the drugs.
    I saw her thru a fence. I froze for a moment.. she was that kind of lady who could freeze your glance.. and make you say Damm..

The dealer was my best friend. I knew and worked every day in a warehouse with this guy. I picked him up everyday and drove to work. For five years I never knew. When I was leaving the state he revealed his life.

It never dawned on me why he had all the girls, the best weed. When he showed me how deep he was it was a eye opener. Bricks under his bed. Jars of PCP in his freezer, six foot cannibus plants in his closet. His group was chopping cars. Changing titles and reassembling clean titles.

He gave me a pcp laced joint once and told me to not hit it hard.. talk about a twenty-four hour high from one drag.:qqb001:

He was brilliant minded and talented. I haven't seen to spoke to him in 20 years. I hope he moved well and unharmed on his last comment he said to me.

( He would get out, if he could. Because he said it is a fraternal organization with no retirees. )

I hope he is alive. He was very deep and for five years, I didn't know. When he revealed to me then the conversations started.

Most homeless I speak to. Are coherent and well spoken. If they can hold a conversation and respond to my topic or question. I know they are grounded. All I have encountered were grounded. They ask for change. Before giving I start a conversation by asking. Over all, how you doing? Do you like living out on the streets... stuff like that? I ask about their support network like sisters and brothers.

I haven’t seen the same homeless person on the same corner or door way in a while. I think they have come back to the flow of life.:weights:

10. transform

transform Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2

Well said dear king, you MUST know the difference between what's black and what's African. There are many imposters amongst us. I cannot say I love all black people or Africans but I can say I love what we once were, spiritual divine beings, and what we have the potential to become once again.

I do not love the africans that are killing, slaughtering eachother in Africa just as the slave owners slaughtered us here and abroad just as I do not love the drug dealers that are killing their own people right in our own communities.

Many of us have metamorphesized into the very things/beings which has destroyed us and doesn't seem to be able to get a grip on what's real or not real nor what's truth and not true.

Just because your skin is black? no I don't love you, many are not loveable nor worthy to be loved. There are some that if you loved anyway, would be to your own detriment and even some your own demise.

I love our divine african ancestors of the past, our great history of the past and the black Africans of today that are struggling and working towards elevating themselves and our people back to african spriitual, unified, divine beings.

Hetepu,

Transform,

goddess Kalifa
    Nuk Pu Ntrt Hmt