Do you like 2 shop too much? Men and women

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by kente417mojo, Sep 16, 2004.

1. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Ok, let me say this....I love to shop. Money burns a hole in my pocket. I don't shop all the time, but I always have certain things that I can't stop buying. I love clothes, video games, cd's, DVD's, shoes, rings, necklaces and bracelets (cheap ones...not expensive ones). Hats and caps. Incense. Candles. Swords and knives. Everything I buy is inexpensive, but I always have the urge to window shop or by something. I'm pretty good for the most part at fighting the urge because I know I don't need alot to survive. I love malls and beach peers. I can find something that I want to buy no matter what store I go to.

Ok, my question is are you a shopoholic? If so..what stores do you like to go to? What products do you find yourself buying alot of? Do you find yourself buying stuff you don't need? :cool:

2. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Ok, my question is are you a shopoholic? I would have to say no. I don't like malls or things like that, I always have an agenda when I go to the mall...get in and out quick.

BUT...I do shop other places...

If so..what stores do you like to go to? Nordstom (for shoes), City Books...I buy sooooo many books it's unreal, Best Buy (DVD's, video games), Putz (for golf stuff), Bed Bath and Beyond,Costco, and Bartell Drugstore.

What products do you find yourself buying alot of? Books, food, body lotions, perfumes,shower gels.

Do you find yourself buying stuff you don't need? Not really...well I guess I don't need the books but I can't stop myself from buying them.

3. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I am pretty frugal, I buy only what I need. I do most of my shopping online, I only go into stores for the bear neccesities.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    shopping is part of so many who love it , i buy what i need but i don't
    shop daily / weekly i've learned their are two types of shopping
    i spend my money shopping into stocks & bonds future things that may
    be handy for my children later in life after me .
    then you have the shopping for things that we look good in the fashion statement
    and unworthy items that hold 5% value so shopping in the places & for the worth
    i do love to do.

5. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    I have a TIGHT budget...but I live in music stores. No matter if I am just out here at home or visiting Toronto. I check every store that sells cds then hit the spots that sell records to dig in the crates. I sometimes go on spending sprees but the internet helps....I download like crazy these days.

6. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    I tend to shop for cheap priced items. I don't shop at big named stores except for tennis-shoes or if I'm getting a watch or something...but I still never over-spend. I just love to shop and go to stores. That's the best part....browsing and looking through items to find the one you want. Swap Meets, Malls, Thrift Stores are the best. There are definately certain things I wouldn't buy from certain places...but there is always something that catches my attention. I love to shop, but I am very cheap. How that works....I'll never know, but it does so far. Like some people buy 1 outfit and spend $100 bucks. Man, for $100 bucks I better be getting more than 1 outfit. I can find a way to get like 3-4 outfits out of $100 dollars.

7. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    I don't like shopping just for the sake of shopping, I don't think I ever have. Now, if I have a reason to buy something, and find something I really like and for a reasonable price, yes, that does make me happy. I also enjoy buying presents for people. But, no, I don't shop too much.

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    i hear you kente417mojo.......man about 10 years ago i took and got 3 pair of
    shoes for the price of one pair i was cheap and tight but now i'm more open
    shopping is fun but if i spend too much money my head hurts !

9. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Looks like you made this thread with me in mind!. As we speak, I am spending my money- and Honey, I don't get paid until Next Week!!!!!. I am the biggest shopper and I'm proud of it!.I shop @ all places, it don't matter. I can't go a day without buying some lip gloss or a hair product. 'Yall need to just beat me up and take my money now 'cause if you don't I'm bound to just spend it on some s**t that I don't even need!!!..And the shoe & clothes just be callin' me...Don't get me wrong, I handle my other financial responsabilities but whatever I have leftover, is spent on a lil'sumthin'sumthin', Ya Heard?

:pc: See, look @ me...thinkin' about how I can get those Manolo's......

10. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    My biggest problem is Tower Records. Man, I love buying music. I can't drive by without stopping. I love shoes too. Not expensive one's but I love buying shoes when I see a nice pair. I won't spend more than $60.00 on shoes.