Black Spirituality Religion : Do you know what believe is...what is means?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Auroraflower, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Auroraflower

Auroraflower Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    this was is my question ...
    to all

2. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Believe is knowing without a shadow of a doubt that one's own spiritual system is the answer for them. People that truly believe a religion or spiritual system will shape their reality around these beliefs both here and in the world to come.

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Today is your lucky day...because before it is over, you will have won the 100 million dollar mega jackpot lottery !!!! Do you "believe this"??

Look, here comes a Mac Truck doing 90 miles an hour down the street. I'm going to stand in front of it and will get up and walk away once it hits me. Do you really "believe this"??

Today when you go to work, you are going to become the head of your entire job with triple digit saleries. Do you "believe this"??

today two women were shot at point blank, 5 minutes later a man was caught with the gun and some i.d and jewelry belonging to the two women, but authorities declare that he is innocent of any wrong doing. Do you "believe this"?

Well let me tell you what I believe; I believe that if I take a 9 inch steak knife and push it through my eyes to the back of my head that I will still retain my complete vision. Mind you, "this is what I believe". The question is, "DO YOU BELIEVE THIS"??

My friends husband is coming home late now. He says he's working overtime . she recently found condoms in his pocket and they don't use any. His clothes smell like perfume sometimes and now his paycheck is coming up short. She even found some lipstick on his collar this week. But guess what? She simply "don't believe he's cheating on her". Do you believe this???

IF YOU CAN BELIEVE ANY OF THIS AND CENTER YOUR LIFE AROUND IT, THEN IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE THAT YOU MAY BE ONE OF THE FEW PEOPLE WHO WILL BELIEVE "ANYTHING"!!!

THINK ABOUT IT.

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I seem to recall posting some indepth info about this, prior to my hiatus.

I'll see if I can dig it up, time providing, or someone else is welcome to do it as well.

5. kaguvi

kaguvi Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Is there any difference between faith, and belief, or even trust? Or are these all similar concepts separated by degrees of 'certainty'?

Do we not all exercise some amount of trust, daily in our pursuits? If someone says to me, "Don't go down that way, the road is blocked", do I trust that person or do I remain skeptical?

Can knowledge ever be certain? Is faith not necessary sometimes?

6. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    I do believe there is, myself. (Though I've spoken to this before. I don't think I saw this post.)

I think faith is trust, hope, belief, commitment, and much more altogether. Thus, having faith in the Son for His sacrifice in the body for our salvation is more than what many understand it is.

I think belief is in your heart and soul knowing whatever is believed is truth, though others may not see that truth for what they think is lack of proof. Thus, belief in the Resurrection of the Son on the 3rd day is something not easily understood by many, but only the faithful to the Son and Father.

I think trust is knowing the Father and the Son will come through for you in your faith and holy works in His Name, and is confidence that whatever is spoken of the Father is so, as well as whatever is done of our King and Savior is always faithful and a blessing upon us.

This is just my thoughts to it all, when it come to the Faith and Redemption promised. :)

7. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

Belief is acceptance of what a person sees as truth. Belief in a political or religious system is what motivates people to do what they do. When a person straps a grenade and blow up people, or an army enters another country to fight against them, those soldiers have a belief system, which says to them that what they are doing is the right thing.
    Belief in something does not necesessarily mean that it is good....although everyman believe that his ideas of truth is the truth. In our civil society we place our faith which is confidence in things. We place our confidence in our political system, we trust a pilot to fly a plane...there is no way we can determine whether he is qualified or competent. We accept this. We place our faith in lots of other things and if we had to go about doubting everything that happens I am sure our lives would be very miserable. Someone might say, I would like to take a trip, but I am scared, I BELIEVE something will happen. I think the bible says it beautifully, WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD. So without confidence or faith we remain immobile. A person's belief system determines how they behave. The bible states that the devil believe but wont obey. So having belief in the bible means that a person is willing go further ....obey.