Black People : Do you know what a Black Site is?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I've been studying, researching, trying to understand the complex Internet market, and where exactly we fit into all of this ... we being ... Black Sites. Last night during my class i talked about web site promotion, marketing, monetizing etc., and promised to continue sharing as i learn. I even mentioned how we (black sites) seem to be marginalized, often found in the "miscellaneous" categories around the net.

Well, today ... just a few minutes ago ... i found the following at wikipedia:

Black Site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_site

Black site is a military term for a location at which a black project is conducted. The term has been used by United States intelligence agencies to refer to any classified facility whose existence or true purpose is officially denied by the US government.[citation needed] Recently the term has gained notoriety in describing secret prisons, generally outside of the mainland U.S. territory and legal jurisdiction, and with little or no political or public oversight. It can refer to the facilities that are controlled by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) used by the U.S. in its War on Terror to detain suspected enemy combatants. One of the alleged purpose is to detain suspected terrorists outside of the Intelligence Oversight Act which authorizes Congressional supervision.[citation needed] Other purposes, according to the February 2007 European Parliament report, includes detaining suspects while CIA flights used in the extraordinary rendition program make their way through European territory [1].

US President George W. Bush acknowledged the existence of secret prisons operated by the CIA during a speech on September 6, 2006.[2] A claim that the black sites existed was made by The Washington Post in November 2005 and before by human rights NGOs.[3] Many European countries have officially denied they are hosting Black Sites to imprison terrorists or cooperating in the US extraordinary rendition program. No countries have confirmed that they are hosting black sites. However, according to the EU report, adopted on February 14, 2007 by a majority of the European Parliament (382 MEPs voting in favour, 256 against and 74 abstaining), the CIA operated 1,245 flights, and stated that it was not possible to contradict evidence or suggestions that secret detention centres were operated in Poland and Romania. This 2007 report "regrets that European countries have been relinquishing control over their airspace and airports by turning a blind eye or admitting flights operated by the CIA which, on some occasions, were being used for illegal transportation of detainees" [1][4].

A presidential directive allows the agency to capture and hold specific classes of suspects without accounting for them to the public, or revealing the conditions they face in the prisons. Opponents of this practice charge that US officials have ordered (or deliberately overlooked) prisoner abuse. Apart from the hundred CIA detainees, Swiss politician **** Marty's January 2006 report concluded that another hundred had been kidnapped on European territory and rendered to other countries, some of which use torture.

An investigation on the origins of the leaks has also been opened by the U.S. Justice Department to investigate what may have been illegal release of classified information.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

As a web site owner, of a Black Site ... i find this unsettling, to say the least.

How about you?

:heart:

Destee

2. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Black sites, black ops, black bag jobs, etc

You musta missed that class, Destee. :) We talked about these, black sites, black ops (as in operations), black bag jobs (illegal FBI burglaries), etc.
    And it just so happens, the CIA is about to release a 700 page report detailing 'black' operations going back more than 40 years, including 'black sites' where they conducted mind-altering drug experiments and other torture experiments. I'll keep you posted.
    Thanks for this post.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Yes Brother OldSoul ... i musta missed that class ... because this caught me all off guard.

I'm mad ... why all the low down dirty ugly stuff gotta be Black ?

:heart:

Destee

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Since we ain't "low down dirty ugly stuff", perhaps we might want to consider calling them "African Sites"?

which came first: "black ops" or "black people"?