Black People : Do you have the right to vote? Voting act 1965.. ends Aug 2006....

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

Tantrum

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 26, 2005
Windy City
Occupation
Pos Technical Support
I feel like if that take our right to vote
That might as well take our freedom
I agree that we are governed so heavy its crazy
Yet so many died for this I would be hurt
I think that no matter if they keep our right to vote
We will never get what we are looking for
Yet the right to vote is a blessing from God and the ppl that died for us

Khasm13

Mar 26, 2003
PoeticManifesta said:
Well who cares if you sit on your butt and loose the right before then.. wonte matter much then will it?

where has voting gotten black folks anywayz?
name one major bill that has been passed that has helped us...
in my eyes affirmative action has done more to hurt us then help...

and just for your clarification pm...voting is a choice and i choose not to since no one clearly represents my needs or my family's needs...it has not one single thing to do with sitting on my butt...you keep voting for these ******** if that makes u feel better about yourself...me personally, i choose not to pick between the devil and the devils son-in-law....imho

one love
khasm

kente417mojo

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 22, 2004
Khasm13 said:
where has voting gotten black folks anywayz?
name one major bill that has been passed that has helped us...
in my eyes affirmative action has done more to hurt us then help...

and just for your clarification pm...voting is a choice and i choose not to since no one clearly represents my needs or my family's needs...it has not one single thing to do with sitting on my butt...you keep voting for these ******** if that makes u feel better about yourself...me personally, i choose not to pick between the devil and the devils son-in-law....imho

one love
khasm

Right, right right!!!

What good is a vote, if there's no one that's going to do anything to change anything? Now, I agree that taking our vote away is a slap in the face, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking there will ever be someone serving as president, that will change anything for black people. All they do is talk the same rhetoric, and they get elected, and do a complete 180. Even if a black man or woman got elected, it wouldn't be someone that has the interests of black folks on their mind. It will be someone so far removed from the black community, that he/ she might as well be lily white. Voting is a distraction. It never does any good no matter how many of us vote. All the black people that voted in the last election are still disgruntled with the way we are represented in this country. 2008 will be the same unless we forget about what this country is willing to do for us, and concentrate on what we can do for ourselves.

Latest profile posts

Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love:
skuderjaymes wrote on Cindy's profile.
good to see you around Cindy.
2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.
Kemetstry wrote on Cindy's profile.
Why are you following me?