Jails / Prisons : Do You Have (Ever Had) Family in Prison?

Do You Have (Ever Had) Family in Prison?

• Total voters
Long line of black men

I come from of a family of a long line of black men who've done time in prison. I did a day in jail for student protest about 20 years ago. So it doesn't count. My brother did a little time in South Africa. Every bra in my fam. who did time didn't want to be visited. I remember seeing letters from an uncle inside as a kid around my father's room. And that's about it. My father just did about seven years on some felonies, yes at the age of almost 60. He didn't want any one to visit him. Though he did stay in touch with my sister.

Staying in touch? It's a matter of choice for the incarcerated. I believe their choice should be respected.

And of course I whole heartedly believe that this system and those in charge of it are pointed at putting records on every one of us....

Sesh Ra Ur said:
I come from of a family of a long line of black men who've done time in prison. I did a day in jail for student protest about 20 years ago. So it doesn't count. My brother did a little time in South Africa. Every bra in my fam. who did time didn't want to be visited. I remember seeing letters from an uncle inside as a kid around my father's room. And that's about it. My father just did about seven years on some felonies, yes at the age of almost 60. He didn't want any one to visit him. Though he did stay in touch with my sister.

Staying in touch? It's a matter of choice for the incarcerated. I believe their choice should be respected.

And of course I whole heartedly believe that this system and those in charge of it are pointed at putting records on every one of us....

Brother Sesh Ra Ur ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thank you for sharing with us. You bring this thread full circle, your post, as we all come from a long line of Brothers doing time. I too, whole heartedly believe, that they want the fingerprints, blood, urine, mind, DNA, freedom, and Spirit of every Black Man, to whatever degree they can get it.

I'm amazed at the results of this poll. While i didn't know what to expect, i surely didn't expect this. It is very telling. As you say, we come from a long line of Black Men incarcerated, as though criminality is in our very core and being as a people. 82.5% of us at this point, and it has been higher. They are such liars. It's like we're sleeping on this. Black Men (and even young Black Boys now) being incarcerated at overwhelming rates, around the world as you testify, and we've not been moved to stop it.

How weakened are a people, that do not have their Men?

Again, thank you for joining and sharing with us. Please make yourself at home, because you are.

:heart:

Destee

The number of women incarcerated is alarming also!

Destee said:
Brother Sesh Ra Ur ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thank you for sharing with us. You bring this thread full circle, your post, as we all come from a long line of Brothers doing time. I too, whole heartedly believe, that they want the fingerprints, blood, urine, mind, DNA, freedom, and Spirit of every Black Man, to whatever degree they can get it.

I'm amazed at the results of this poll. While i didn't know what to expect, i surely didn't expect this. It is very telling. As you say, we come from a long line of Black Men incarcerated, as though criminality is in our very core and being as a people. 82.5% of us at this point, and it has been higher. They are such liars. It's like we're sleeping on this. Black Men (and even young Black Boys now) being incarcerated at overwhelming rates, around the world as you testify, and we've not been moved to stop it.

How weakened are a people, that do not have their Men?

Again, thank you for joining and sharing with us. Please make yourself at home, because you are.

Destee
Now that we ahve a music that glorifies CRIMEING, and youth young men and women seeing jail as a rights of passage
WHAT DO WE DO!

It seems we don't want to talk about drugs in the hood unless it's the "Rockefellor Law" but how many have been incarcerated for drugs or dug related?
And ones folks get out unemplyable with felonies what do WE DO to employ them???

Natinr said:
Now that we ahve a music that glorifies CRIMEING, and youth young men and women seeing jail as a rights of passage
WHAT DO WE DO!

It seems we don't want to talk about drugs in the hood unless it's the "Rockefellor Law" but how many have been incarcerated for drugs or dug related?
And ones folks get out unemplyable with felonies what do WE DO to employ them???

While music glorifying crime may be a problem, i think it's negligible compared to the systemic racism poured into the very foundation of this country, its laws and verified by its history, permeating all that we say and do. If we fix this major problem, systemic racism, i believe the music will take care of itself.

I have no problem talking about drugs, what do you want to discuss about them? It may be better to start a new thread, with that being the focus, instead of in this one talking about prison.

What is the "Rockefeller Law" ... i've never heard of it.

I said in another post, we are a people that cannot feed our own selves, let alone employ ourselves. We can't collectively employ the "law abiding Sisters and Brothers" amongst us. The overwhelming majority of us must go to the white man and hope he finds us favorable enough, to give us a job. We must hope his niece, nephew, friend, cousin, etc., doesn't need the job before us. With this being the case for the majority of us, the felon, doesn't stand a chance. Which is why he doesn't get employed. It's not as though they have a problem hiring / employing felons ... as they have a long list of white felons growing richer every day ... it's just Black felons they have a problem with.

So ... until we can employ each other, our own selves ... we will be at their mercy for economic sustenance.

Not only the felon, but all of us.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back