Jails / Prisons : Do You Have (Ever Had) Family in Prison?

Do You Have (Ever Had) Family in Prison?

• Total voters
i have anywhere between 7-14 family members (all cousins) serving 1-5 years....... and at least 2 that have greater sentences. along with a couple that are in and out before the end of the week/month for stupid stuff,
i stay away from all of them havent seen most of them in years anyways,, :slingshot

Though not at all suprising, this thread still depressed the hell out of me. It confirms what most of us already know about Amerikkka, but seem powerless to stop, and that is there is a concerted and conscious effort to keep Black Man - and now, Black Women - locked down and enslaved.

Statistics compiled in state after state in the U.S. speak to the rise in Prison Construction in the past 35 years(more prisons built in that time than in the previous 150 years), the rise in Black Male/Female imprisonment, and legislation designed to put juveniles and three-time offenders behind bars for exceedingly long periods, or life, tell us all this is a concerted conscious, effort on the part of White America to use, exploit, and enslave Blacks once again. It is called the Prison Industrial Complex, where these inmates basically function like workers in China or India, the difference being
Chinese and Indian Workers get a little chump change for their work.

Again, when I see those videos of us in orange jumpsuits in the prison yard, or being chased and caught by cops after some criminal act, I lose my composure, because I see the DUMB message being sent to impressionable minds = going to prison is hip and fly... Why put that DUMB message out here to our children, and then tell us not to let them watch it? If you are so powerful, use your power more wisely than you do.

peace!

http://www.prisonsucks.com/

"Incarceration is not an equal opportunity punishment
On December 31, 2005, there were 2,193,798 people in U.S. prisons and jails. The United States incarcerates a greater share of its population, 737 per 100,000 residents, than any other country on the planet. But when you break down the statistics you see that incarceration is not an equal opportunity punishment.

U.S. incarceration rates by race, June 30, 2004:

Whites: 393 per 100,000
Latinos: 957 per 100,000
Blacks: 2,531 per 100,000
Gender is an important "filter" on the who goes to prison or jail, June 30, 2005:

Females: 129 per 100,000
Males: 1,371 per 100,000
Look at just the males by race, and the incarceration rates become even more frightening, June 30, 2005:

White males: 709 per 100,000
Latino males: 1,856 per 100,000
Black males: 4,682 per 100,000
If you look at males aged 25-29 and by race, you can see what is going on even clearer, June 30, 2005:

For White males ages 25-29: 1,682 per 100,000.
For Latino males ages 25-29: 3,884 per 100,000.
For Black males ages 25-29: 11,955 per 100,000. (That's 11.9% of Black men in their late 20s.)
Or you can make some international comparisons:
South Africa under Apartheid was internationally condemned as a racist society.

South Africa under apartheid (1993), Black males: 851 per 100,000
U.S. under George Bush (2004), Black males: 4,919 per 100,000
What does it mean that the leader of the "free world" locks up its Black males at a rate 5.8 times higher than the most openly racist country in the world?

Statistics as of June 30, 2005 from Prison and Jail Inmates at Midyear 2005, Table 13; Statistics as of June 30, 2004 from Prison and Jail Inmates at Midyear 2004, Tables 14; except for the race rate statistics which are calculated from Table 13 and Census Bureau population estimates. South Africa figures from Marc Mauer, Americans Behind Bars: The International Use of Incarceration. All references to Blacks and Whites are for what the Bureau of Justice Statistics and U.S. Census refer to as "non-Hispanic Blacks" and "non-Hispanic Whites".)"

yes

Destee said:
Peace and Blessings Family,

Do You Have ... or ever had ... Family in Prison?

My nephew is in prison, and will probably be there for the rest of his life. He Spent most of his young life in there too. He was in, got out, and went right back. I've never visited him in prison, not even sure what prison he's in. He was arrested, prosecuted, all that stuff, in Chicago, so he's probably in a prison in IL. I'm gonna talk to my Sister and find out.

I also had 2 cousins that spent time in prison. They're both out now.

I could probably have more Family Members incarcerated, but if so, i'm not aware of it.

I think it would be good for us to bring ourselves even closer together, as i can't imagine that there are a whole lot of us who don't, or never have had, a Family Member in prison ... but yall never cease to amaze me ... as i might be the only one! :(

Please vote in the poll above, and post your comments below.

I just love yall ... thanks for sharing !!! :love:

:heart:

Destee

Peace Destee,

My family member just got out for violation of parole. It was for just unintentionally missing a court ordered class. We were scared they were going to be nasty and make them serve out some time. Some good still came , because it made my family member see the reality of jail and they don't mind locking you up.

-------------------------
I am on a great journey
Http://*******************

Family ... just from our un-scientific poll ... 88% of Black Families have or had Members in prison ... 88%!

If this isn't racial discrimination ... i don't know what is.

How can the Jena 6 or any Black Man expect a fair break, when the entire system is rigged against them?

Even if we are successful in gaining justice for the 6 young Brothers in Jena, there are millions more being mistreated.

Thank you all ... please continue to vote and share.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back