Jails / Prisons : Do You Have (Ever Had) Family in Prison?

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Destee, Jul 25, 2006.

?

Do You Have (Ever Had) Family in Prison?

1. Yes

78.9%
  2. No

21.1%
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Do You Have ... or ever had ... Family in Prison?

My nephew is in prison, and will probably be there for the rest of his life. He Spent most of his young life in there too. He was in, got out, and went right back. I've never visited him in prison, not even sure what prison he's in. He was arrested, prosecuted, all that stuff, in Chicago, so he's probably in a prison in IL. I'm gonna talk to my Sister and find out.

I also had 2 cousins that spent time in prison. They're both out now.

I could probably have more Family Members incarcerated, but if so, i'm not aware of it.

I think it would be good for us to bring ourselves even closer together, as i can't imagine that there are a whole lot of us who don't, or never have had, a Family Member in prison ... but yall never cease to amaze me ... as i might be the only one! :(

Please vote in the poll above, and post your comments below.

I just love yall ... thanks for sharing !!! :love:

:heart:

Destee

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Yes i've had some members of my family doing time behind bars
    some is as guilty as sin and some was caught up in the system
    and i have or had a few that was innocent as day !

3. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I have had a few cousins in there for drugs.
    Fyi destee if he's in there for the rest of his life, you should go see him.
    Write him ,he would really appreciate it.:spinstar:

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    You are absolutely right Sister ... and please be sure to vote in the poll too. Thanks!

Destee

5. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    mY BROTHER WAS RELEASED TWO YEARS AGO.

6. charity2

charity2 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    hmm i've never had a family member in prison, immediate or extended to my knowledge.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Brother Therious ... thanks for sharing. Please vote in the poll above too.

Charity2 ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

That's a blessing for you and your Family! Thanks for sharing and voting in the poll.

Destee

8. VirgoMistress

VirgoMistress Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Destee and family:hiya:
    This is right up my alley. My husband is in federal prison. He is out here in Louisiana, thank God I don't have to travel out of state to visit. I feel that if you have any family incarcerated, go visit. They don't have anybody really in there to support them. And it is a shame how our people fill them up so much. And the government really doesn't care about them. They try and lie to say they encourage family visits and all, but in reality the officers hate to see inmates get love and attention. And the visits, I hate and dread it so much, but I have to see my husband, we both need each other. Most of the prisons give you a hard time when you are visiting. Most make you sit and wait long periods of time before you can go back to the visiting room. You have to go by a strict dress code, and if you don't pass it you will have to end up spending money getting another outfit or wasting time going to the hotel to change. It is VERY emotional and right now they don't have too many people stepping up to be their voice. So try to be there for them as much as you can. I know that my husband lives for mail call, every little thing counts.

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    None that I'm aware of but I'm sure there must be some in my family who were incarcerated because many of them grew up on the "street" and dealt in that element. I probably have more family members who would have been but weren't because they couldn't be caught or no one found out. I know people who have been to prison and are in prison. I know a sister who is in for life because she killed her husband who was a career criminal and woman abuser. He was in the process of raping and strangling her when she stabbed him to death. She was sentenced to life because she testified that she knew a beating was coming when she arrived home one evening from grocery shopping, sent her two children to their aunts house to avoid them seeing it happen. What the husband didn't know was that she kept a pair of scissors hidden between the mattress and box spring of their bed and that's what she used to defend herself and he died in the process. She was a custodian that worked in my building and we used to talk in the evenings when her shift began and I worked late. It upset me that she was given life in prison when another woman that committed a similar "crime", did no jail time and used the same defense--she was white though. I'm sure you all have seen the movie with Farrah Fawcett, called "Burning Bed". That happened in Michigan.

10. sonnee01

sonnee01 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +29
    Yes...my cousin has been in and out of prison since the age of 18, and is still there right now. I would visit & write him when he first went in, but that stopped after a while.