Black Women : Do You Have any Tips or Tricks for Wearing High Heels - Stilletos ?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Destee, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I am just starting to wear high heels ... stilletos ... and i'm in awe of those who do it as if they were born with such on their feet!

I gotta have another pair of shoes ... flats ... always close-by and ready for duty.

Do you wear high heels? Got any tips or tricks that will help me and the rest of us do it like a lady ... :lol:

Thanks in advance!

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Yeah, don't do it! They throw the entire balance of your body off beginning with your back ! Now you know you're too young to be starting those bad habits. Sure, they make the legs look good because of the emphasis on the calves....but your back is worth more than looking good !!! Agin, don't do it Sis!!....oh, and by the way, did you know that the wearing of high heels came from white people and that originally it was not the women who wore them but the men??? What did the men wear them for? Basically to clean and sweep the ish that filled up the streets of Europe since they didn't have a drainage system. The high heels were so they could keep their feet out of the ish !! Now you have the history with it....your choice !!

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    :lol: @ me being too young to start such bad habits ... well ... actually ... it's probably better to start now, than have been doing it all the years!

I've not done a lot of it ... but it's kinda cute and nice and sexy and stuff ... and i need a husband ... and ... well ... i was gonna say sump'n krazee.

Dang Brother Keita ... i kinda like it ... now you give me all this information! ... gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... :)

I promise ... if my back starts hurting, i'll stop ... :look:

I LOVE YOU !!! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

4. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    I wear heels all the time. I don't wear flats.

...but if you've never put on a pair?

PREPARATION:
    -- Break your shoes in. Wear them around the house. For 10 minutes..30...an hour. If you've never worn heels and you have a long night in the making...you'll be walking around barefoot by nightfall.
    -- Buy some pads for the sole of the shoe. You need traction. Some floors are very slippery. Some terrain (cobblestone and the like), while lovely as decor, are not 'heel friendly'.
    I've walked on surfaces in the mall. Almost fallen. Did the whole knock-kneed, hands thrust out in in front/sides. Expression like, 'Whoa' thing...*laugh* Happens to the best of us.
    -- Buy some insoles. They do make gel cushions for heels. You can buy them at Walgreens...or try Amazon/Ebay. Maybe they have an economy sized box going for pennies. If you're in heels for a time, the balls of your foot and arch may begin to hurt. Especially if you have flat feet...and, 'specially, if you're not used to heels. You may also have sore calves....

WALKING
    - No sliding. No scooting. No dragging your foot across the floor.
    - When walking? think, "Heel - toe, Heel-toe, heel-toe."
    - Stretch that leg out, pick that foot UP and plant that heel down firmly.

Men tend to believe that women 'switch' on purpose. Not really. Your center of gravity is thrown off. Hip-swaying and sauntering is a 'natural' gait in a 4 incher.
    Personally, I'm barely 5'3. (like 5'2...point five). My shoes are generally 3 inch +.
    If I didn't plant each step with a purpose, I'd fall over.

5. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I'm like MimiBelle...I'm always in heels....

BUY SHOES THAT FIT! That's my tip to walking in heels....I see females wearing shoes that don't fit their feet.
    If your shoes uncomfortable get Dr Scholls for high heels..
    Make sure you got some arch in those heels too...cause a lot of cute shoes don't have arch support...