Black Spirituality Religion : Do you have an agenda?

diakonos

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 13, 2004
Do you have an agenda?

I ask that to anyone who has ever posted a thread for the express purpose of denigrating, bad-mouthing or just plain old hatin on the faith of others. Why is it such a bad thing if somebody believes in something that you don’t believe? So what, if it doesn’t make sense to you? I believe that many of the world religions have more in common than we are willing to acknowledge. The key is to have meaningful dialogue between people of different faiths. That way we can have more of a true understanding of what others believe (and in many cases recognize the commonalities). Quite frankly, I rarely (if ever) see this being done in this forum. Chances are, most of us have our religious beliefs firmly in tact, prior to us reading and responding to these threads. I think it’s safe to say, that the overwhelming majority of us will not change our faith based on what others have to say about it. When will we get to a point were we dialogue to learn and build instead of tear down?

diakonos said:
Do you have an agenda?

I ask that to anyone who has ever posted a thread for the express purpose of denigrating, bad-mouthing or just plain old hatin on the faith of others. Why is it such a bad thing if somebody believes in something that you don’t believe? So what, if it doesn’t make sense to you? I believe that many of the world religions have more in common than we are willing to acknowledge. The key is to have meaningful dialogue between people of different faiths. That way we can have more of a true understanding of what others believe (and in many cases recognize the commonalities). Quite frankly, I rarely (if ever) see this being done in this forum. Chances are, most of us have our religious beliefs firmly in tact, prior to us reading and responding to these threads. I think it’s safe to say, that the overwhelming majority of us will not change our faith based on what others have to say about it. When will we get to a point were we dialogue to learn and build instead of tear down?

Amem! Amen! Amen! This is something that I too have noticed lately. Actually, I myself have been reluctant to post any comments or posts recently, especially those that deal with religion issues because of the the ever-increasing personal "attacks" on a persons spiritual beliefs. Lately over the past weeks I have noticed several people clearly attempting to portray those of us who believe in Christ and Christianity as idiotic buffoons who are willing to believe anything the "white man" tells us, when in fact my faith has nothing to do whatsoever with racial identity. To question what one does not understand about one's spirituality is one thing, but to constantly attempt to take honest dialogue and throw it back at a person who has a different belief structure without a conscious and reasonable effort to understand their point of view is clearly not conducive to good inter-faith debate. We must all learn to agree to disagree without taking it personal. So what if someone wants to beleive that the Bible is or isn't the inspired Word of God. At least let them have their own opinion without trying to tear them to pieces on the board and making them appear to be clueless about matters affecting their own salvation. If someone believes that the Bible is or isn't correct I suggest that they personally ask God for spiritual guidance so that HE can reveal to them the Truth. Amen.

diakonos said:
Do you have an agenda?

peace god,

b4 we build, the foundation we are standing on has to be destroyed for it was not created by US. The reason I post threads or respond to the same is exactly what u expressed above "we are all the same". Meaning, all religions come from some place else & start at the same point, but man like water will always seek his/her own level. Islaam, Christianity & Judaism is said to be fathered by Ibrahim, then why can't they come to grips with that and unite?? Because man has stepped in and gone his/her own route for their own purposes, not for the purpose of the creator who never names ANY RELIGION. He told Ibrahim, he would make him a FATHER OF NATIONS - NOT RELIGIONS. Islam is just an extension of Christianity for they too are waiting for Jesus. '

-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) even said that "3 generations after him, would no longer be OF HIM. Which basically means that Islam as the prophet taught it HAS NOT EXISTED SINCE AROUND 1500 AD!!!!!

- I myself follow INFORMATION - which basically means Mathematics as we are taught in the language of math, that we must always get to the root to solve the problem. If said angle A (christianity), is paralell to said angle B (Islam) & C (Judaism or any other religion one can claim) - then these angles are said to be CONGRUENT! I myself (as is no person with hue) am not a racist, but this problem of religion started when the pale face (to quote my Indian brothers & sisters) came out of the caves and saw how spiritual we were. I am all for our UNITY, but we must take it back to the essence of who we really were & are, or we as a people will never obtain our true nature again...............GOD!

research and see what Columbus called us
see what Queen Isabella and Ferdinand called us
see what Capt. John hawkins called us
see what ALexander the snake called us
see what the so-called Greek philosophers called us
see what's inscribed on the Egyptian halls of higher learning
see how we aligned the pyramids with the belt of Orion
see how Imhotep did open heart surgery with no anesthesia
see, see, & continue to see for there is so much to see ........
today's religions had nothing to do with our accomplishments, except for maybe Islam and the Moors in Spain where they ruled for 700 years which is where Spain to this day get props for what the Black Moors built & taught there!

Study the Irish & the name Mac (which most of their last names start with) really means MOOR & it gives praise to the black GOD that they worshipped & some still do to this day!

-Even the POPE in his private chambers bows down to the BLACK MADONNA & CHILD and in Europe they have a yearly celebration where hundreds of thousands of Europeans walk MILES to come and praise the BLACK MADONNA because they know the truth. America will never show u this because she doesn't want U to WAKE UP FROM THE SPELL OF RELIGION! I'm sorry to all religious people but it's the TRUTH & I can not bend on this for it has stolen the minds of most of our people and there is no more time to play.

WE ARE GOD & LIKE THE 5 POINTED STAR, THEY TOOK OUR SPIRITUALITY & USED IT AGAINST US........

- in short - we must respect our ancestors by studying them & their ways & get away from these wicked deceivers that we call WHITE PEOPLE & THEIR RELIGIONS...................

I submit this in all humbleness & honesty and wish you all nothing but peace, whether REAL or otherwise family..................

From the god Sincere -

greggy said:
Amem! Amen! Amen! This is something that I too have noticed lately. Actually, I myself have been reluctant to post any comments or posts recently, especially those that deal with religion issues because of the the ever-increasing personal "attacks" on a persons spiritual beliefs. Lately over the past weeks I have noticed several people clearly attempting to portray those of us who believe in Christ and Christianity as idiotic buffoons who are willing to believe anything the "white man" tells us, when in fact my faith has nothing to do whatsoever with racial identity. To question what one does not understand about one's spirituality is one thing, but to constantly attempt to take honest dialogue and throw it back at a person who has a different belief structure without a conscious and reasonable effort to understand their point of view is clearly not conducive to good inter-faith debate. We must all learn to agree to disagree without taking it personal. So what if someone wants to beleive that the Bible is or isn't the inspired Word of God. At least let them have their own opinion without trying to tear them to pieces on the board and making them appear to be clueless about matters affecting their own salvation. If someone believes that the Bible is or isn't correct I suggest that they personally ask God for spiritual guidance so that HE can reveal to them the Truth. Amen.
:welldone: AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Im getting to the point where Im looking for a "friendly" forum to be with my Christian Brothers and Sisters, :bye: It gets old fast to have something constantly thrown back in your face for sure.

greggy said:

peace,

I am one of those of whom U speak, but I have never questioned one's faith, only questioned the by-bill! Who am I to ? one's faith or beliefs???? I only asked questions using the so-called bible and the scriptures left behind, which were not intended to attack anyone, but rather open the door for questions as too their relevancy...........................

If u feel this is an attack, then may I suggest that u post what u believe rather than holding it in & releasing it at such an appropriate point for you to release your feelings on this topic! Furthermore, you call Christians more names in your response ALONE, than I have seen in all the threads posted trying to get so-called christians to see the ways of their ancestors...........

peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back