Black People : Do You Have A Sixth Sense?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Family,

I was sitting outside talking to my Sister the other day and one of the children came up behind me and startled me (they were trying to startle me, said "boo" and everything).

I was startled.

My Sister (my Brother's wife) said, "You didn't know they were behind you?" I said, "No."

She was facing them, so she saw them sneaking up on me, but there was no clue on her face to give me to know and i didn't hear any krickle krackle of leaves being walked on to make me know someone was behind me.

She went on to say that no one could ever sneak up behind her. She said that she would automatically know that someone was there, long before they got close enough to startle her. That she had a sixth sense that gave her to know these things.

So i'm wondering, where is my sixth sense?

Is there other evidence, that can give someone to know they have a sixth sense? Yes, i'm looking for mine! Surely the sixth sense alerts us to more than if someone is sneaking up on us from behind?

Do you have a sixth sense?

If someone made absolutely no noise, could they sneak up on you from behind?

She was born and raised in Jamaica, a totally different culture, and i'm wondering if this is why hers is more acute than mine?

How do you get a sixth sense if you aint already got one?

Does a person's "sixth sense" go by another name depending on the circle you're in (like third eye, intuition, etc.)?

Looking forward to your responses. Thanks Family.

:heart:

Destee

2. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    well

I have none. I'm not easily startled though but I still can't sense people sneaking up on me.

3. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    I think I have one for when people look at me and when people talk about me. I used to scare the hell out some people in highschool but turning and cutting eyes at them the second they made a comment. They would be accross the common area and I always had the walkman blasting music...but something told me to look and I would catch them in the act. I guess I have it then.

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hi Sister!

I was a little reluctant to answer these questions because my information is so limited, but I will answer as best I can!

First off, Everyone has a six sense. Some think that its an special ability that only few has access to. However, its not special at all.

Actually we have 9 senses. But because we arent aware of it we don't excercise them.

Have you ever been alone and heard someone call your name just as clear as if someone was standing right next to you? You answer out loud by saying what. Then when you get no answer you go to the person you think had called you and ask them what did they want. They then tell you that they didn't call you. Well thats your extra audio senses kicking in. Also known as clairaudient.

This sense is located just above the ear. This is how some hear their ancestors talking or they can talk to spirits.

There is also the third eye. Which some refer as the sixth sense. This sense has two functions. This sense provides a visual picture of things that the regular eyes can't see. One example is some people can see what is called auras around people. An aura is the energies that the body gives off. Its viewed in colors. Some say they can tell the mood of a person by looking at the Aura. The third eye is located above the eyes, positioned in the center of the forehead. The other function of the sense receive visual pictures, symbols, and or images.

You ever found yourself in a daydream and it was as if you could reach out and touch the vision. That is a form of clairvoyant abilities

Then you have the intuition. Also known as the gut feeling. This area is located at the top of the head which is known as the crown or the ori. It is an internal sensation that one gets. You ever just felt something was about to happened but didn't know why you was feeling so aware? Then you find out that what you was feeling was indeed correct.

This is the sense your'e asking about. The knowing that someone was behind you comes from intuition.

We use these receptive areas in our life all the time. We were only taught about the five so we don't excercise this abilities and they become weak. As will any part of your body that you don't use.

Some areas are stronger in others because the have learned to trust and used it.

One can increase these abilities by learning about them and exercising them. Everyone has an area that they are stronger in. You must distinquish which of these areas you stronger in.

I didn't mean to write so much, but I wanted to paint a small picture of how these things work and where they are located.

Having said all this, Yes I have a sixth sense! As a matter of fact, I have nine! Not fully trained, but none the less, they are all there!

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Destee is just scary! :jawdrop:

6. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have that 6th sense...I can always tell when someone is around, and my hearing is exceptional...I hear things other people swear they didn't hear. Thankfully it's usually something I could prove or people would try to lock me up in the looney bin.

7. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Now that is interesting!! I wanna learn :read: how to use all 9 and be fully aware.

8. Poeticsoulsista

Poeticsoulsista Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +8
    There is alot of things about me that seem like extra senses. I can always feel if some one is talking about me, watching me, or comin behind me. I think sometimes it might just be paranoia but alot of the time it's not. I could be minding my business and chilling and I just get a feeling. But I do often get this feeling something's not right and I never know why. Like now I have this feeling something isn't right and I know probably in any minute my cell will be ringing off the hook. That's usually how it is. See.........

Poetic Sista

9. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I have a sixth sense when it comes to cops. Whenever they come around I smell bacon. :lol:

10. Poeticsoulsista

Poeticsoulsista Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +8

Booooooy.You silly lmbo. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poetic Sista