Jails / Prisons : Do You Have a Prison in Your Community?

Thank you all for setting me straight regarding prisons not being in our communities. I had no idea. I really did think what i thot, obviously ... lol ... :)

Such a blesing that we have each other, so that we don't have to continue thinking the wrong thing, unless we just want to ... i'm honored ... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Please everyone, keep sharing with me about this, i'm learning so much!

:heart:

Destee

Thanks Brother $$RICH$$ and Sister Cursed Heart.

Are city and county jails, prisons too?

I guess they are huh?

Hmmmm ... this word thing again ...

I reck'n where ever they are incarcerate'n you, you're in prison? Or is there some great differentiation between city and county jails vs state and federal prisons? Off the top, i guess the latter are where you go if you have to spend an extended amount of time? Hmmmm ... i wonder if there is an actual time cut off or something. Like if you get 6 months, you go to jail instead of prison. Or is it determined by the crime they convicted you of?

Brother OldSoul taught a class, or two, on prisons. He said, if no mistake, if one is convicted of a federal crime, they can send you anywhere in the country to do that time. You can even be "disappeared" ... spending large amounts of time in undisclosed locations, where your Family doesn't know what prison you are in, what city, and you can't contact them. He said that in "prison" ... and i'm including city, county, state, and federal ... Black Men most usually gather together based on where they are from. He said prison officials know this, so they break up the Black Men from the same areas, in an effort to lessen the opportunity for any unity or bonding.

Thanks again everyone.

:heart:

Destee

Within a 3-hour driving radius there are, at least, four prisons, including a women's prison, in my area, from low security to max to supermax. The supermax is in the northern regions of Michigan, out in the boondocks claimed to be escape-proof. There are no prisons in my community, but I pass a jail at the police station, half-way house and substance abuse center, homeless shelter and women's shelter (I know this because I've done volunteer work there) every day on my way to work.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back