Black Relationships : Do You Have A Price?

Would you accept a diamond ring from an adulterous husband?

• Yes and I would just act like nothing happened

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but I'd still have it out with him

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but I'd still divorce him

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No I would not accept it

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • I would kill him for even trying

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
$$RICH$$ said:
i wouldn't even try to buy my way back once busted ur out
most of the time or wish you was the way she going to do you
but a ring no way not even a flower the answer not in those objects
maybe i'm the weak one if guilty of sin ! .............lol
If we confess our sin God is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteosness.

Makes us kinda glad God isn't a wife

mzblkangel said:
cheating is a betrayal
and how serious he took his vows was shown in him cheating

I agree. There is never an excuse for betraying your vows, and a cheap trinket will never bring forgiveness. I say cheap, because no matter how much he spent on it, it's only money. And money cannot buy love, happiness, or erase misgivings.

Who feel like laughing? See, I'd take the ring. Put it on. Shimmy my hand in the air to admire it. Hop in the car. SSssCcUuRRD!!! burn rubber right on down the street! So I can snuggle up on the sofa with o' dude who live around the corner! -Just Joking. SERIOUSLY THOUGH? After something like that, The only RING he can give me is the "key ring" with the key to the FRONT and BACK door of the house AFTER he don' got all his stuff out! We can't talk about counseling. Vows. None of that.

AfroBoricuaRoni said:
I would've took it. Me and my husband would work it out but not because of the ring but because we took vows to stay together for better or for worse. I'm not condoning his actions either. The ring would be a nice touch, too.
Yeah, but the bible says that you have the right to walk away if he cheats--he broke those vows. It is unhealthy to live with an adulterous man.

Of course material things can never replace feelings and how deeply one is hurt, but I'd take the ring, sell it, and then put that money in my kid's savings account. That way, he'd finally do something that would help out someone other than himself.

I wouldn't take the ring. Once you betray me, hurt me like that, there is nothing that you can buy me. Also, in my opinion, if I take the ring, he'll probably think that I forgive him and that everything is cool between us. That it was a mistake. Some people cannot stay faithful, it is like a sickness. And if you can't stay faithful to anyone, you are a reckless person, but if you are honest about it, I applaud you for letting it be known. That way, if I still choose to get involved with you, it will be my fault, because I knew what I signed up for. For a chronic cheater, giving gifts is nothing. First it will be a ring, then a car, then a house or some expensive vacation. All the while, he will still be dipping. I just don't have that mindset and don't want to hold anyone where they don't want to be held.

I'd help that brother carry his stuff out to the car, and wave goodbye just as the locksmith was pulling up to change the locks. :wave:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back