Black People : Do you hate me cuz I'm pretty?? A spirit of intimidation

sweet apple*pie

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 14, 2006
East Coast
Occupation
I am a student, and all though it is hardwork, it
It seems for the last year or so, I have been dealing with some issues of confidence and intimidation. It seems, as if alot of women look at me like they hate me, where ever I go, and I do not know how to handle their hateful glances.

I get very easily intimidated by peoples expression, and sometimes I am even unable to make eye contact with them, because they look so hateful.

I have a very good self esteem, and I love myself very much. But this spirit of intimidation is lingering over me, and I cant shake it off.
Any advice, or tips for overcoming this, and becoming more confident??

i have to run out... however sister i shall return in a bit...

i find that a lot of the time people are doing that stare down when they are trying to feel you out... secondly i smile can cure a WHOLE lot... i smile at people as i pass them... typically people cannot help but to smile back.
and... when you carry yourself with confindence... when you think, no are CERTAIN, that you are worthy... a great individ... people recognize this and RESPECT... everything you need is in you... once you recognize it.. it will exude from every pore...

and brotha sefirot should be able to drop some knowledge... he's so wonderful on the introspective vibe...

In all due respect....
You may be "pretty"...or even beautiful....but maybe some women are picking up your label of "Im pretty" and maybe the attendent "vibe" you give out. And that maybe be causing them to react....I aint saying it's right, but that's how it is....

I would question you on that "good self-esteem" part tho....People of good (*I would use the word, self-worth..."esteem" is a estimation of self, worth is what you do) self-worth dont allow the negative vibes of others disrupt their day. The fact that you have feelings concerning others facial expressions, let's me know there is something deeper in your psyche that you must work thru.

March bravely in your day....don't be so outer directed. People do have the right to look and make their faces into what they choose. Don't let that be your priority. Move forward on your goals. It's much easier than trying to control other's faces......What is more important than other people's "looks" is your feeling of yourself in the present and moving toward the goal of your dreams.

Thank you for your words. They are appreciated.

To abstract,
With all due respect to You, I think you may have read too deep into my needed advice. I am in no way insinuating that I think I am all that, it is just a known fact that women deal with a lot of hateration. I am a very sweet person, hence the name "sweet apple*pie" I am a very kind hearted woman, and yes i have been told that I am attractive. To underestimate my esteem, or so called "worth" as you insinuated abstract, was not the point of this thread. It was simply to seek some advise, on how others may deal with this. You can have great esteem and love your self, and still deal with issues of confidence, and intimidation at times. I found your response to the thread to be a little harsh, brash, and insensitive to me, as a new member.
thank you.

If you fit the mold that many women interpret as "Pretty"-the one that they themselves don't necessarily fit-then you're going to get that hateration every time. Particularly if you subtract from the attention that so many Sistas require. Don't sweat it. Just continue to be you, and keep it movin.
You can't really change others' first impression. And even if you tried, I think you'd be considered "affected" or fake. I can respect the fact that you don't buy into you being "all that," ("even though deep in your heart, it really could be" :)). 'Cuz I used to hate on the ones who carried themselves like they expected the attention, as well.

Pics? :D

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back