Black People : Do you hate cops?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by kente417mojo, Nov 8, 2004.

1. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I know many people that can't stand cops. Me myself am one of them and I have hated police officers since I was young. I probably hate cops more than most people. I remember making a computer drawing of a cop getting shot with arrows when I was like 12. I was wondering if most African Americans feel the same way? People that I know do not like, trust or respect police officers at all. Just something that popped in my mind. Do you think it's unhealthy or helpful to hate cops and not trust police opfficers? How do you explain to kids that cops are not your friend? Esprecially since California passed Proposition 69 which widens the criminal database for DNA. Is this something that you want cops having a hold on knowing how corrupt and dishonest they are?

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    KenteMojo, I don't think it is healthy to hate anyone, but when it comes to law enforcement personnel, I can understand why African Americans have this longstanding distrust and disgust with police. Looking at this thing historically, brother, when our ancestors were just out of slavery, and those Black Codes were enacted to return us to slavery in deed if not name, it was law enforcement officials that enforced those laws...

Those laws were the CONTRACT LABOR and VAGRANCY laws, which put any African man, woman, or child in jail who was not working... Just out of slavery, not many African people were working... The were put into prison labor camps, and these camps were akin to being issued a death sentence, as our ancestors were worked to death in them - literally...

Later, with the Ku Klux Klan, so many of our ancestors met their death at the hands of Cops dressed in Klansmen robes... Cops who opened the jailhouse doors for the White Mobs who murdered and lynched us, cops who chased AFrican people off their lands, confiscated their property without just cause, and cops who participated in those race riots not as impartial public servants, but as WHITE MEN bent on murdering African people... We have a long and sordid history with Law Enforcement in the United States, and it didn't start with no Rodney King... They are responsible for so much death and destruction in our communities, it is actually sane to dislike and distrust them with a passion... The only pass they can get from a brother is that I've seen a lot of Black cops who do their jobs with sensitivity and concern for AFrican people... I've seen in New York, some brothers who are lucky they were dealing with a Black officer instead of some white boy, believe me...(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I don't hate cops , I just stay out this Gang way call Police.....

my thing is do they really protect & serve or do they beat and lie ????

4. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Nope. I don't hate Cops. I hate those who are wearing a Cop's uniform but is behaving like a Criminal!. Some of them take it too far and others do too little!. I believe that there should be numerous Behavior Tests administered, they should be hypnotised, examined and analyzed before they can become Cops, seriously!

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I don't hate anyone. If there was one person that I ever hated, it would be the devil himself. Fact is, all people, regardless of color, are human beings, just like me. So as a human being, I respect them. However, I do not respect what they have done to us as a people and what they are doing to us as a people. Why do people become Police officers? Some officers from what I have heard do it to make a difference. I think that should be the question, not do we hate them, but why do they become Police Officers of the law.
    Don't be surprised if you see some significant responses.

Cedric Denson

6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    i hate cops over all, but have run into some good ones. it depends on the person.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    we have Police who are officers and we have cops who is lable a gang of
    polices to do as will to whom ever why do people become cops ???

only the cop can answer that we can't but from there action is speaks
    for it self we have more bad one then good ......but hate i don't do
    stand clear i will do from this group call police

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    i think the real issue is do cops hate black people? :skillet:

9. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I don't like cops because they all (from what I have seen) think they are above everyone else. Even something as simple as a traffic ticket turns into a lecture. Like cops are the example of morality. Don't make me laugh. I think people that become cops probably were punked when they were in school, so now they have to have some authority to feel like a big man or woman. Maybe to make up for the times when people stuffed them in the trash can. I just don't like them. They walk with their chest all out like they're just as tough without the gun and badge.

10. 1hotvirgowoman

1hotvirgowoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Man,you REALLY don't like Cops hunh?.....
    I agree with you on the part that they act all superior, it's true!. I've seen it with my own Four eyes. You know, even Security Guards(Rent-A-Cops) have the nerve to have their "chest on swoll' "too, they are always stone-faced and serious, like that's gon' scare somebody off!!!. They need to take a slice of that "Humility Pie" and relax..Sho'Nuff

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do blacks hate cops

2. black people hate cops

3. why do black people hate cops

4. Do African Americans Hate Law Enforcement,
  5. why do black people hate police officers,
  6. blacks hate the police,
  7. do cops hate blacks,
  8. why ******* hate police,
  9. black cops hate black people,
  10. do blacks hate police,
  11. black community hate cops ,