Black Relationships : Do you feel "wedding rings" are necessary?

Angela22

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2013
This isn't to knock anyone who has a wedding ring or has had one, but a sincere question.

Do you feel a wedding ring is necessary for marriage? Like, why not a wedding bracelet, or watch, or necklace/chain, or earring? Or why not just the commitment? Is that thinking too little of the marriage to not have a ring because you fail to show others you're in a committed relationship for life?

A little fact: I read somewhere the wedding ring started with the Egyptians as their tradition for marriage. I wonder how it spread as a now common tradition like so.

At my wedding ceremony we were asked to exchange rings . . . that's about all I know. It's obviously not necessary, yet it's always sweet to look down on your ring and kiss it when you're away from your life partner.

Yes, that's evident that they aren't necessary on their own, but I'm asking how each person feels about it to see how necessary they think it is.

Some actually act as if not wearing it is going to destroy their marriage, when I always thought marriage was a deeper commitment than a single piece of jewelry.

You were asked? *puzzled*

And the last part is really sweet. ^_^

This isn't to knock anyone who has a wedding ring or has had one, but a sincere question.

Do you feel a wedding ring is necessary for marriage? Like, why not a wedding bracelet, or watch, or necklace/chain, or earring? Or why not just the commitment? Is that thinking too little of the marriage to not have a ring because you fail to show others you're in a committed relationship for life?

A little fact: I read somewhere the wedding ring started with the Egyptians as their tradition for marriage. I wonder how it spread as a now common tradition like so.

Thanks for the information on the possible origin of wedding rings starting in Egypt Angela22, however, it certainly isn't a biblical prerequisite, but a man-made popular tradition.

Peace In my sister friend,

Thanks for the information on the possible origin of wedding rings starting in Egypt Angela22, however, it certainly isn't a biblical prerequisite, but a man-made popular tradition.

Peace In my sister friend,

I'm glad you state that. Some believe that for Christians to get married, they need a wedding ring, when I've read nowhere in the bible this was a necessity for marriage. Very good point.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back