Black People : Do you exist?

The Gordian Knot

African_Prince said:
Objectively speaking, you do not. What makes "you" who "you" are is your personality, your conscious mind yet, you wouldn't say that the neurological process that "causes" your conscious mind is "you". You cannot be empirically observed the way an apple or even your body can, we only exist perceptually.

Why wouldn't (or couldn't ) you say that? It is just as neurotic as identifying with a unstable and fluid constellation of impulses and fleeting truisms that cumulatively (per indiscriminate immitation) make up ones "Personality."

The OBSERVABLE (which requires an observer who for all purposes only exist perceptually) architecture of your neurological processes does not exist as well. Even the apple is a phenomenon (its form) that is context specific per neural-representational maps (as well as ones SENSE of Self, positioning, and the "sense" of being the ones who own the experience.)

I say, essentially (with what is deductively being implied) all that appears to be going on is No-thing. Representational structures or organic navigational systems (for the sake of trying to explain this linearly which is a blunder in and of itself) facilitate every dimension of what we in/experience all the way to the very sensory qualities we rely on to validate our contrived definitions of THINGS (which includes my penchant for classifying it as an organic Nav system or representational structure....which would require some sort of neutral and objective platform of quantification.) This is what leads some to propose a Holographic universe or multiverse. Density, the condensation of focus; giving us a grounded/intense *feeling* of concretion all eventually (at some juncture) emerge from quantum processes which are preceded by (equivocally) an undescribable medium of 0 point Matter/Energy/Conciousness/Will. The only reason I (non-technically) call this whole process an inter-connected unfolding of consciousness (regardless of the definitions we give to each seemingly different phase of crystallization) is because "Who I AM" is the essence of "WHAT IS" which is Nothing in Particular (I have the option, *BEING that i don't exist*, to identify with my personality, those processes that precede it or the non-existence itself). How this translates in a practical/viable sense is emancipating for me but nothing over the top and spectacular (for sci-fi fans). Its perks (overwhelmingly challenging) are for those who walk the path only ...it can't be told, packaged or controled. Hetep...NO foreal HETEP!

BallOfConfusion said:
Your explanation flew right over my head. I don't even think I understand the question anymore - hypothetical bull

For the record, I'm not saying that your mind doesn't exist, obvious it does but it only exists PERCEPTUALLY. If a neurologist were to show you a magnified image of your neurons communicating, you wouldn't say "those are my thoughts". Your thoughts aren't physical THINGS that exist, they only exist perceptually. It's like when you hear voices in your head, the voices don't exist objectively, you are only perceiving them. Your brain is a physial organ that exists objectively, your mind is not, your mind is a perception.

Even the apple is a phenomenon (its form) that is context specific per neural-representational maps (as well as ones SENSE of Self, positioning, and the "sense" of being the ones who own the experience.)

The existence of the apple is interpreted neurologically, but it exists independently of our mind. A tree falls whether someone is around to witness it falling or not.

African_Prince said:
Objectively speaking, you do not. What makes "you" who "you" are is your personality, your conscious mind yet, you wouldn't say that the neurological process that "causes" your conscious mind is "you". You cannot be empirically observed the way an apple or even your body can, we only exist perceptually.

I disagree. If I decide to change my personality, then personality can not be the essence of who we are. The essence of who we are is the 1 thing that has been eternally consistent.

You cannot be empirically observed the way an apple or even your body can, we only exist perceptually

Consider this If you obverved me and the apple with the naked eye from a distance of 10 miles, would you see a difference?

How would the difference compare from the perspective of an electron?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back