Black Spirituality Religion : Do You Believe or Do You Know ... Is There A Difference?

Joyce said:
I chose to believe without any proof. In believing...I came to know and now I need no proof though He continues to manifest Himself in so many beautiful ways. Thus, I cannot be persuaded otherwise concerning this matter. I am rooted in Him and no man can pluck me out of His hand with vain philosophies or teachings.​
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Joyce
I chose to believe without any proof. In believing...I came to know and now I need no proof though He continues to manifest Himself in so many beautiful ways. Thus, I cannot be persuaded otherwise concerning this matter. I am rooted in Him and no man can pluck me out of His hand with vain philosophies or teachings.

- I believe the ? is "do you believe or do you know...is there a difference" - Not whether or not we know or believe in god - .............!

info-moetry said:
Originally Posted by Joyce
I chose to believe without any proof. In believing...I came to know and now I need no proof though He continues to manifest Himself in so many beautiful ways. Thus, I cannot be persuaded otherwise concerning this matter. I am rooted in Him and no man can pluck me out of His hand with vain philosophies or teachings.

- I believe the ? is "do you believe or do you know...is there a difference" - Not whether or not we know or believe in god - .............!

Hmmm...I thought I answered dat.

This was the question/s

What is the difference between believing and knowing, as it pertains to religion and spirituality?

Do you believe or do you know?

Does it matter?

I will answer with more clarity this time. I do believe and in believing (which was initially an act of faith at this point because I DIDN'T know initially), God began to manifest Himself to me via His Holy Spirit (hope I'm not talking over your head...I not trying to do that) at which point I came to KNOW Him. I was once a non-believer but now all of this has changed. As I continued in prayer to Him and placing my faith in His word...I came to KNOW Him.

When you seek Him with all of your heart, mind and soul, you will find Him. But if you're in the "I will believe when I see" mode you will never find Him, because the only thing that moves God is faith and thank goodness all he requires is faith that is tiny as a mustard seed or else I would have been in trouble with my analylitical mind :D

And yes, there is a difference in believing and knowing, but as I grew in the knowledge of Jesus Christ...I came to not only believe but KNOW that He is the Son of God...the one who was sacrificed for my sins. The one who adores and loves me at all points in my life...whether I am down in the gutter or up on the mountain top.

Yes...infometry...I believe and I know and yes there is a difference between the two and for me...Christ has made that "difference".

Joyce

Joyce said:
Hmmm...I thought I answered dat.

This was the question/s

What is the difference between believing and knowing, as it pertains to religion and spirituality?

Do you believe or do you know?

Does it matter?

I will answer with more clarity this time. I do believe and in believing (which was initially an act of faith at this point because I DIDN'T know initially), God began to manifest Himself to me via His Holy Spirit (hope I'm not talking over your head...I not trying to do that) at which point I came to KNOW Him. I was once a non-believer but now all of this has changed. As I continued in prayer to Him and placing my faith in His word...I came to KNOW Him.

When you seek Him with all of your heart, mind and soul, you will find Him. But if you're in the "I will believe when I see" mode you will never find Him, because the only thing that moves God is faith and thank goodness all he requires is faith that is tiny as a mustard seed or else I would have been in trouble with my analylitical mind :D

And yes, there is a difference in believing and knowing, but as I grew in the knowledge of Jesus Christ...I came to not only believe but KNOW that He is the Son of God...the one who was sacrificed for my sins. The one who adores and loves me at all points in my life...whether I am down in the gutter or up on the mountain top.

Yes...infometry...I believe and I know and yes there is a difference between the two and for me...Christ has made that "difference".

Joyce

peace,

I congratulate u on finding him/her, but i was not trying to knock u just stating that the topic of this thread was -

Do You Believe or Do You Know ... Is There A Difference?

dat all!!!!!!!! it's ok if u talk over my head sista, I can jump - :jumping: :jumping:

peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back