Black Spirituality Religion : Do You Believe or Do You Know ... Is There A Difference?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Family,

What is the difference between believing and knowing, as it pertains to religion and spirituality?

Do you believe or do you know?

Does it matter?

:heart:

Destee

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I think it's more of what people believe and the teaching of their religion
    more so then knowing and yes it matter to many who believe or hold the
    faith spiritually.
    This how so many are divided into there religions from the teaching and belief
    it's all about what you believe in , but knowing i don't think we really know just
    from what we learn and the teaching that we follow .

3. GP

GP Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    You believe when your faith starts up in you. You KNOW when the Holy Spirit begans to move and operate in your life.

4. JoWillie

JoWillie Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    In my humble experience:
    Both matters and work in combination -
    One must first hear in order to believe in or of a thing in order to experience the knowing of it.

5. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Knowing vs. Believing

Hello sister Destee

Again you come with a brilliant, thought provocaking question. Many here would say the difference between believing and knowing is that knowing is knowledge that can be proven and believing is not. I say both are connected to one by personal experiences. Knowing is hypthesis based on available accurate facts or is it? During the dark ages vass numbers of people knew that the earth was flat. Until this knowledge was proven to be wrong. So did the people know or did they trust common knowledge of the day? Believing is about what you feel on a personal level. Others may share feelings but mostly what you feel is purely an individual thing. Some call it intuition, preminition, instinct, gut feeling, etc.... There is one thing that can be said about belief and that is no one can tell another how or what they should feel or are feeling. A person may not understand certain types of knowledge but everyone knows what they feel. It has been said trust half of what you see a quarter of what you hear and none of what you read. This quote never mentioned anything about what you feel. Knowing sometimes is incomplete. One can know that Antartica is extremely cold but have never been nor will ever go in there life time. Though this is second hand information collaborated by reliable sources it still can replace being there and feeling the coldness. So why do we believe things that can not be substantiated? Because believing is about feeling. What we feel is what we know. To go through life without trusting your feelings is like letting someone else make up your mind.

Peace

Radical Faith

6. RelaxedMomentum

RelaxedMomentum Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    As a child I did not attend church much, but I will say from a young age I believed he was real, and also that our adversary was real. I remember hearing a preacher once when I was out playing when I was about 13 and somehow I believed and felt that what he was saying was real.

Believing and Knowing I think go together....GP's answer sums that up....and yes it makes a difference because someone can tell you anything if you don't know him for yourself.

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace Destee,

I would humby submit that:

Belief - would pertain to one committing , or agreeing with a particular system already in place. Not necessarily just pertaining to religion!

Knowing - would be the evolution of the spirit, heart & mind until all 3 have found a chemical balance and peace is found. Since we are all different beings that evolutionary process will differ among us depending on the atmosphere we are brought up in & the socio-economic components that can help or hinder the same in a positive or negative manner.

I leave u in peace...........

8. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    I chose to believe without any proof. In believing...I came to know and now I need no proof though He continues to manifest Himself in so many beautiful ways. Thus, I cannot be persuaded otherwise concerning this matter. I am rooted in Him and no man can pluck me out of His hand with vain philosophies or teachings.​

9. yogirl101

yogirl101 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    BELIEVING AND KNOWING

BELIEVING MEANS THAT YOU ACCEPT SOMETHING AS BEING THE TRUTH.
    KNOWING IS HAVING THE EVIDENCE. WHICH COULD BE A CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE AND YOU KNOW THAT IT IS NOTHING THAT YOU HAVE DONE YOURSELF.WHEN THE CHANGE COMES ABOUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THAT THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN. HE KEEPS RIGHT ON DOING GREAT THINGS IN YOUR LIFE . THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT I AM NEVER GOING TO HAVE ANY PROBLEMS BUT KNOWING THAT HE IS THERE FOR ME I CAN ENDURE.

10. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Those Who Fear The Truth Have To Have Faith / Belief/ Believe In Scriptures

As This World Is Turning More And More Towards The Temptations Of The Physical World , Man And Woman Is Forgetting That This State Is Merely A Temporary State And That The Heavens Of The Most High Is The Firm Structure . Man And Woman Has Become Lazy And Laxed In Their EveryDay Dealings With Using His Or Her Mind Or The Wisdom Bestowed On Him By The Will Of The Most High . For Example ; Entertainment To The To The World Now Is Television , Video Games , Radio , And Movies . Man And Woman No Longer Depends On His Or Her Own Imagination For AnyThing , There Are Magazines Which Fulfill Any Topic You Can Think Of . Group Gathering Which Used To Take Place Among The Tribes Of The Nubian People No Longer Exist Because The Mass Media Has EveryOne Mind Occupied On Exactly What They Want You To Think . WithIn A Family Unit All Members Of The Same Family Have Their Own Entertainment Which Does Not Include Other . This Is Apart Of The Disunity Which Exist In The World Today . Man And Woman No Longer Depends On The Earth On His Or Her Good Judgement For Inventive Ideas In Making A Livelihood For His Or Her Family . He Or She Would Rather Live In A Big City And Work For Someone Else Where He Or She Just Take Orders With Wages , Not Ever Being Paid To Use His Or Her Mind . This Is What People Have Come To Accept As Life On Earth , No More And No Less , Man And Woman Has Become So Detached Or Out Of Tune With The Universe To The Point Where He And She NoLonger Recongnizes The Gifts Of The High . I'm Speaking About The Great Gifts To Man Which He Now Takes For Grated , The Fact That The Rain Still Falls . The Fact That You Still Breath The Breath Of Life And That You Still Nolonger Seek To Give Complete And Gratitude And Praise To The Omipotent Creator ; The Farseeming Distraction Of This World . The Job Of Man And Woman On Earth Was To Till The Ground .
    Torah ( 5 Books Of Moses ) Genesis 3 ; 22 - 24 Arabic Bible And I Quote ;
    And The Sustainer Allah / God Said, Behold , The Man Is Become As
    One Of Us . To Know Good And Evil , And Now , Lest He Put Forth
    His Hand , AndTake Also Of The Tree Of Life , And Eat , And Live Forever ;
    Therefore The Sustainer Allah / God Sent Him Forth From The Garden In Eden ;
    To Till The Ground From Whence He Was Taken . So He Drove Out The Man ;
    And He Placed At The East Of The Garden In Eden Cherubims ( AngelicBeings )
    And A Flaming Sword Which Turned EveryWay , To Keep The Way Of The
    Tree Of Like .
    Upon Adam And Eve Exist From The Garden , He And She Was Also Ordered To Drink Water , Eat Clean Animals Slain In The Name Of The Most High . And To Build A House Of Worship = House Of Prostration < According To Matthew 26 ; 39 Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ , Prayed The Way Moses Of 5,000 Years Ago Prayed In Numbers 20 ; 6 , He Fell On His Face
    Yashua , Isa , Jesus , Christ Matthew 26; 39 ;....Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."
    Number 20 ; 6 ;....Moses and Aaron went from the assembly to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting and fell facedown, and the glory of the LORD appeared to them
    This Was The Law That Was Given To Him From The Heavenly Father , This Is The Same Law That Abraham Followed ;... Like Abraham Did BeFore Moses
    Abraham <> Genesis 17 ; 3 ;...Abram fell facedown, and God said to him,
    Ezra Prayed With His Face To The Ground Nehemiah 8 ; 6 ;... Ezra praised the LORD , the great God; and all the people lifted their hands and responded, "Amen! Amen!" Then they bowed down and worshiped the LORD with their faces to the ground
    The Way Elijah Did <> 1Kings 18 ; 42 ;....So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.
    The Way Joshua Did <> Joshua 5 ; 14 ;.... And He Saith , Nay ; But As Captian Of The Host Of The Lord Am I Now Come And Joshua Fell On His Face To The Earth , And Did Worship And Said Unto Him What Saith My Lord Unto His Servant ''
    By Their Abode , So That Khanaas ( The Devil , C - H ) Would Have No Power Over Adam And Eve . At This Time Man And Woman Was Also Granted Wisdom , The Wisdom To Survive The Situation Of The Earth . This Same Wisdom Is Mentioned Ever Further In The Scriptures Of The Most High .
    Torah ( 5 Books Of Mose In Arabic ) Exodus 31 ; 3 And I Quote .
    And I Have Filled Him With The Spirit Of Allah / God .
    In Wisdom , And In Understanding , And In Knowledge .
    And In All Manner Of Workmanship
    Book Of Ecclesiastes By Esther In Arabic 2 ; 13 - 14 ( In Part ) .
    Then I Saw That Wisdom Excelleth Folly , As Far As
    Light Excelleth Darkness . The Wise Man's Eyes Are
    In His Head , But The Fool Walketh In Darkness
    Book Of Ecclesiastes By Esther In Arabic 2 ; 21 And I Quote
    For There Is A Man Whose Labour Is In Wisdom , And In Knowledge
    And In Equity ; Yet To A Man That Hath Not Laboured Therein Shall
    He Leave It For His Portion . This Also Is Vanity And A Great Evil .

Man And Woman Has Forfeited The Light And Wisdom Of The Most High For Spiritual Darkness And The Practices Opposite To The Path Of Righteousness .
    Seek Wisdom / OverStanding / Knowledge Even Unto China ....
    This Was One Of The Many Saying Of The Ancient One BeFor Us . What Was The Wisdom / OverStanding / Knowledge That The Ancient Ones Endowed Man And Woman With ? From The Scriptural Point Of View , Wisdom Came In Many Degrees , In The Forms Of Cunningess / OverStanding Of Justice / Literal Skill , Ruling Ability , Moral Discernment / Intelligence / Superior Mental Ability Or Special Skills Without A Necessary Moral Love ; Wisdom Was Also A Tradition As Old As The Societies Themselves . Wisdom Is A Distinct Practice Of Discipline Through A Way Of Life .Precticed By Those Who Seek The Pleasures Of The Ancient One . Today True Wisdom And OverStanding / Knowledge Is Not Sought To Be Cultivated In Man And Woman , AndFew Seek These Attributes At All ; And Knowledge / Wisdom / OverStanding Are Responsibilities Going Hand In Hand , Man And Woman Should Take On The Responsibility Of Passing Knowledge / Wisdom / OverStanding To Other Nubians Brother And Sister's . The Ancient One Had A Saying The Search Of Knowledge / Wisdom / OverStanding Is An Obligattion Laid Upon Every Nubians / Brother's And Sister's .
    Quraan In Arabic 58 ; 11 And I Quote ,
    O You Who Are Faithful , When It Is Said To You , Make More Space ,
    In Your Assembly , Make TheSpace For Allah Make Space For You And ,
    When It Is Said Rise ! Rise . Allah Will Raise Those In Levels Who Have Faith
    Of You , And And Those Given The Knowledge And , He Is Aware Of What
    You Do ...

But The Exalted Knowledge / Wisdom / OverStanding Of The Ancient Ones Is Only For The True Men And Woman Of Faith . The Book Of Matthew In Arabic 7 ; 6 ..
    Give Not That Which Is Holy Unto The Dogs , Neither
    Cast Your Pearls Before Swine ;.....
    Quraan 103 ; 1 - 3 And I Quote ,
    Begin All Things With The Illustrious Name Of Allah , The Yielder The
    Most Merciful , I Swear By The Time When The Soul Of Man Shall Be
    Squeezed From His Body . Surely This Is The Age When Human Beings
    Are OverCome By Defeat . Except For Those Who Are Faithful , And Work
    To Perfect Their Being , And Are Advocates Of Truth , Patience , And
    Endurance.
    Al Kikma = Wisdom Is Termed By The Ancient One To Express A Knowledge / OverStanding / Wisdom , Of The Essence , Attributes , Specialties , And The Results Of Things As They Exist , And Are Seen . This Also Extends To The Study Of Their Cause , Effects And Uses, This Is Said To Be The Wisdom / OverStanding / Knowledge Mentioned In The Quraan
    Quraan 2 ; 272 And I Qoute ;..
    Their Guidance Is Not On You ( Muhammad ) But It Is Allah
    Who Guides Whoever He Pleases . And Of What You Spend Of
    The Good , It Is For Your Own Good . And Do Not Spend Except
    If You Are Seeking Allah's Face . And What You Spend Of The Good
    Will Be Fully Repaid To You And You Will Not Be Treated Unjustly .
    Quraan 2 ; 269 And I Quote ;
    And He Allah Gives The Wisdom To Whom He Pleases And
    Whomever Is Given The Wisdom , Certainly He Was Given A
    Lot Of Good And They Will Not Remember None Except Those
    Who Have Brains ( Intellect ) .

The Wisdom Which Is Made Known In The Holy Books . TheUnspoken Wisdom Which Is Known By The Ancient Ones And Not By The Natural Man Or Woman . The Unknown Wisdom , Or Those Acts Of The Ancient One , TheWisdom Of Which Is Unknown To The Creatures , Such As The Infliction Of Pain Upon Creatures Of The Ancient Ones , The Death Of Infants Or The Enternal Fire Of Hell . Things Which We Have Faith In But Do Not OverStand . The Conllective Wisdom , Or The Knowledge Of OverStanding The Truth AndActing Upon It , And The Perception Of Error And Rejection Of It ...