Black People : Do you believe latter generations deserve reparations?

Hi Butterfly.....

First, I don't know who Working White Man is. I don't recall the tongue-lashing, either. But maybe I did not go back far enough. I also realize I walk a bit of a tightrope, as I have a moderate Republican background and my late wife and her family, very Republican....except my wife and her sister and older brother, more moderate.

My first interracial relationship after my late wife passed was met with some hostility by my kids. My son later confided, yes it was racial....but MORE than that, he explained, that "mom has been dead and buried barely more than a year, and you're out carousing with women." I understood that, but it didn't help of course that she was black, in addition.

My oldest daughter had married a black, and two beautiful mixed grandchildren came from that. My daughter later died from a diabetic coma. My younger daughter and son have opened up, and they now know my friendships and my turn to far more progressive points of view. Over time, they have been generous and have met and welcomed my black friends they have met.

In any case, I am where I am, and comfortable with it. And mostly a clear conscience.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back