Black People : Do you believe latter generations deserve reparations?

Angela22

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2013
Serious question, which isn't to judge anyone as ageist or such, but get some understanding behind why latter generations, such as my own, are believed to be deserving of reparations.

Do you think simply being black makes them deserving, or does one need to show some incentive behind the cause, moving us out of the struggle and into prosperity? I know that not all of former generations did their part in the struggle, but if they did anything at all, it was promoting blackness in its beauty, while many of latter generation brush it off as nothing important, and you can forget them actually helping a bro or sis out because being an "individual" says they aren't obligated to do so.

So, what do you think? Do you believe reparations should only go to those over a certain age, apart of a certain generation, who experienced even greater struggle, yet put forth more effort? Or do you believe every generation on forward are entitled to the fruits of our ancestors labor(not just the slaves, but all who came after and did their part)?

every black person on the planet deserves reparations.........

Interesting point of view. I was going to expand on my previous thought, but really didn't know how. This kind of helps. :D

So I present this question for all also; in America, do you believe reparations should be given to all who are black, regardless if they are descendants of the slaves of America? Seeing that being black was all around illegal in this country:rolleyes:, a black man coming as a king from one country, would have had to endure nothing but hardship in this one just because of his skin color. Black was just black, and so most all had to struggle the same.

Should reparations be separated in this respect, or be paid out for more than slavery endured, but all the shaming and evil intent toward all of our skin color and heritage?

Serious question, which isn't to judge anyone as ageist or such, but get some understanding behind why latter generations, such as my own, are believed to be deserving of reparations.

Do you think simply being black makes them deserving, or does one need to show some incentive behind the cause, moving us out of the struggle and into prosperity? I know that not all of former generations did their part in the struggle, but if they did anything at all, it was promoting blackness in its beauty, while many of latter generation brush it off as nothing important, and you can forget them actually helping a bro or sis out because being an "individual" says they aren't obligated to do so.

So, what do you think? Do you believe reparations should only go to those over a certain age, apart of a certain generation, who experienced even greater struggle, yet put forth more effort? Or do you believe every generation on forward are entitled to the fruits of our ancestors labor(not just the slaves, but all who came after and did their part)?
For me it's not a matter of what I believe so I think reparations are due any African Anerican who can prove that their ancestors were economically disadvantaged by the system of slavery and are still dealing with the legacy of economic inequality. This would at the least eliminate 3 groups. 1. Those who collaborated with the slave masters as slaveowners, 2. Those who migrated here on their own free will and 3. Those who descended primarily from free blacks pre civil war.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back