Science and Technology : Do You Believe In UFOs

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
And I apologize to you if my comment came off the wrong way. What I meant was that you and I have seen plenty of volcanoes before. We know what a volcano is. It's not new to us.
No offense taken my brother...
I think they knew what a volcano was....especially Moses.

But to the Israelites this was the first volcano they had ever seen or heard of. So naturally, superstition took control and they thought it was God the same way that people used to think the same of the Sun. And the "son of God" even merged with "God the sun". And that's why we celebrate the sun of God's birthday on December 25th; the birthday of every sun god.
Atum-Ra...thats a deep one - without the sun there would be no life as we know on earth

But I digress...

Because the Israelites had never seen a volcano before they were afraid. This naturally went along with the "fear of YHWH" because if you're super religious then you think everything that happens is whose will? God's. So being such an oddity they thought it was God "descending" upon the mountain in fire. Because they didn't know that fire doesn't come "Down" onto a mountaintop, but rather "ascends" from below and the pressure causes it to erupt and shoot fire and hot magma into the air. How were they supposed to know what that was? How would they be able to call it a volcano when they had no knowledge of such a thing? To them it was like a UFO....

but not to us. We know what it is. We don't have to wonder or guess.
But Moses when up close to the Fire and heard a voice and receive written instructions.

when we understand how volcanoes work we have to understand that there is no way that the Israelites DIDN'T see the Santorini volcanic eruption. There's no way they didn't. But there is no OTHER record of them seeing it. So what should we believe? That they saw something, knew it was God, then saw a volcanic eruption as a secondary event and were tight lipped? Volcanoes can also cause the plagues that we saw in Kemet. It can cause fish and other animals to die because it releases toxic/poisonous gas. A tectonic shift could also cause changes in the shape of land masses which could easily cause a river or lake to drain.
True..
but How did it only kill all the first born and skip only those with rams blood on the door post?

And let me just remind everyone that Moses was the only person who the bible claims went all the way to the top of Sinai to "see God". And this firey description is never ever seen again. No where else in the bible is God likened to fire have a presence powerful enough to kill a human. And if they followed the cloud by day and pillar of fire by night it would have been stationary if it was a volcano, where as a normal cloud would constantly be pushed by air currents. So according to occam's razor, which is more likely? That there was a fire in the sky that burned without any fuel and didn't behave like a normal fire? Or that it was the output of a volcano and the people simply didn't connect it with a mountain until they got close enough to actually see the mountain.

Similar to what the people of Moses day saw but not the same...you be the Judge

2 Kings 2:11
And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven
2 Kings 1:10
And Elijah answered and said to the captain of fifty, If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And there came down fire from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.

ZealotX

Jan 21, 2020
No offense taken my brother...
I think they knew what a volcano was....especially Moses.
Why do you think they knew what a volcano was?

The only reason why we know about volcanoes is from historical accounts. Because of those accounts we can create tools to measure and so we now have a better understanding. But even in times after the time of Moses people in different regions worshipped both mountain gods, and, in regions around active volcanoes, would sacrifice virgins to appease the volcano, thinking that sacrifice would keep it from erupting.

In the region of Canaan we know that people worshiped mountain gods so it isn't far fetched that they would associate fire coming UP from a mountain with the presence of a god DESCENDING UPON a mountain. Naturally, we should understand that the Israelites lived in Canaan first. You can say Abraham was not originally from there, and that's true, but he was rich and even though Abraham made his servant swear not to get Isaac a wife from among the Canaanites Genesis 38:2 tells us that no one else really saw them as off limits and they mixed in together and we all know that Israelites also mixed culture and religion when they married.

Now, we should note that it isn't necessarily a big deal that the God in the Canaanite religion was called El just like the Hebrew God YHWH. El was simply like saying "God" and wasn't really a proper name. It simply refers to power. However, when the worship of Asherah comes in later it is definitely an indication of a conflation.

quote: Philo of Byblos states that Atlas was one of the Elohim, which would clearly fit into the story of El Shaddai as "God of the Mountain(s)."
Canaanite religion was strongly influenced by their more powerful and populous neighbors, and shows clear influence of Mesopotamian and Egyptian religious practices. Like other people of the Ancient Near East Canaanite religious beliefs were polytheistic, with families typically focusing on veneration of the dead in the form of household gods and goddesses, the Elohim, while acknowledging the existence of other deities such as Baal and El, Asherah and Astarte.
From the other direction, Jean Bottéro has suggested that Yah of Ebla (a possible precursor of Yam) was equated with the Mesopotamian god Ea during the Akkadian Empire. In the Middle and Late Bronze Age, there are also strong Hurrian and Mitannite influences upon the Canaanite religion. The Hurrian goddess Hebat was worshiped in Jerusalem, and Baal was closely considered equivalent to the Hurrian storm god Teshub and the Hittite storm god, Tarhunt. Canaanite divinities seem to have been almost identical in form and function to the neighboring Arameans to the east, and Baal Hadad and El can be distinguished amongst earlier Amorites, who at the end of the Early Bronze Age invaded Mesopotamia.

end quote.

The Israelites simply weren't sophisticated enough to distinguish gods from natural phenomenon. They weren't dumb, but like many other cultures, once in a lifetime cataclysmic events were new to them and they didn't have the internet to record everything. And even if someone wrote about it, most people were actually illiterate.

Now... Moses wasn't most people. If you think he knew because he was educated in Egypt then, if anyone did know, out of all of his people, it was probably him. However, if those priests who contended with Moses were also educated then they would have known. If Moses did know then he played dumb because the bible describes the effects of a volcano without calling it that and without reporting these behaviors as natural. You could say "well it was God that created the volcano or caused it to erupt". However, this doesn't explain how Moses acts like God had "descended" upon the top of the mountain in fire, rather than understanding it to be hot magma being pushed up. They saw it as a "cloud by day" and "pillar of fire" by night because they didn't know what it was. That's why when Christians teach this to their children the cloud and pillar of fire are always disembodied from any sort of mountain. This gives it a much more magical sense that inspires greater belief. And while I do believe Moses exploited the superstitions of the Israelites I don't believe he knew about volcanoes either as they weren't that common in that region. The only reason they saw Santorini was because of just how cataclysmic it was.

Let's say that the burning bush gave Moses an indication that something geological was happening. All he had to do was spin that story so that it was God's presence and that, unlike it was with Adam, God's presence was dangerous. If he was far enough from Egypt to see the effects prior to a full eruption then he would have had foreknowledge that the fish were going to die and that certain animals that ate them would also get sick. And he could use this information against everyone, but only if they didn't know what a volcano was.

Nzingamali

Jan 25, 2020
UFO now days is such an umbrella statement because most UFO sightings are not from beings from other planets they're actually manufactured here on this soil I do believe that other life forms exist terrestrials, extraterrestrials, celestials, astrals etc. Dr. Delbert Blair did the mist thorough research on this subject ever I believe him Check ...but from my understanding those of us who have the proper melinated alignment or Mother Goddess Seed don't have to bother with a physical ship to transport because our bodies will have the capacity to do as our ancestors the Ls and metamorphosis into Light Bodies and travel as a ship itself maybe that's or those are the UFO sightings that are periodically being seen it could be some Sister or Brother Traveling by just doing as the Dogon say the Ancestors did when travelling here from Sirius in their Ship which was their Merkeba or Light Body. Which brings another topic to discuss...Are there really planets out there that can be accessed just by a physical spaceship and if there are will it take some type of altercations on humans physical structure to reach those planets?

frankster

Aug 3, 2014
Why do you think they knew what a volcano was?

The only reason why we know about volcanoes is from historical accounts. Because of those accounts we can create tools to measure and so we now have a better understanding. But even in times after the time of Moses people in different regions worshipped both mountain gods, and, in regions around active volcanoes, would sacrifice virgins to appease the volcano, thinking that sacrifice would keep it from erupting.
These are people were extremely intelligent, the very existence of the pyramids is a continuing testament to their knowledge base and as we grow in our intelligence we beginning to understand more and more what they already knew.

In the region of Canaan we know that people worshiped mountain gods so it isn't far fetched that they would associate fire coming UP from a mountain with the presence of a god DESCENDING UPON a mountain. Naturally, we should understand that the Israelites lived in Canaan first. You can say Abraham was not originally from there, and that's true, but he was rich and even though Abraham made his servant swear not to get Isaac a wife from among the Canaanites Genesis 38:2 tells us that no one else really saw them as off limits and they mixed in together and we all know that Israelites also mixed culture and religion when they married.

Now, we should note that it isn't necessarily a big deal that the God in the Canaanite religion was called El just like the Hebrew God YHWH. El was simply like saying "God" and wasn't really a proper name. It simply refers to power. However, when the worship of Asherah comes in later it is definitely an indication of a conflation.

quote: Philo of Byblos states that Atlas was one of the Elohim, which would clearly fit into the story of El Shaddai as "God of the Mountain(s)."
Canaanite religion was strongly influenced by their more powerful and populous neighbors, and shows clear influence of Mesopotamian and Egyptian religious practices. Like other people of the Ancient Near East Canaanite religious beliefs were polytheistic, with families typically focusing on veneration of the dead in the form of household gods and goddesses, the Elohim, while acknowledging the existence of other deities such as Baal and El, Asherah and Astarte.
From the other direction, Jean Bottéro has suggested that Yah of Ebla (a possible precursor of Yam) was equated with the Mesopotamian god Ea during the Akkadian Empire. In the Middle and Late Bronze Age, there are also strong Hurrian and Mitannite influences upon the Canaanite religion. The Hurrian goddess Hebat was worshiped in Jerusalem, and Baal was closely considered equivalent to the Hurrian storm god Teshub and the Hittite storm god, Tarhunt. Canaanite divinities seem to have been almost identical in form and function to the neighboring Arameans to the east, and Baal Hadad and El can be distinguished amongst earlier Amorites, who at the end of the Early Bronze Age invaded Mesopotamia.

end quote.
God of the mountain not God is the Mountain....These are not ignorant people.
Thats a clear distinction.

The Israelites simply weren't sophisticated enough to distinguish gods from natural phenomenon. They weren't dumb, but like many other cultures, once in a lifetime cataclysmic events were new to them and they didn't have the internet to record everything. And even if someone wrote about it, most people were actually illiterate.

Now... Moses wasn't most people. If you think he knew because he was educated in Egypt then, if anyone did know, out of all of his people, it was probably him. However, if those priests who contended with Moses were also educated then they would have known. If Moses did know then he played dumb because the bible describes the effects of a volcano without calling it that and without reporting these behaviors as natural. You could say "well it was God that created the volcano or caused it to erupt". However, this doesn't explain how Moses acts like God had "descended" upon the top of the mountain in fire, rather than understanding it to be hot magma being pushed up. They saw it as a "cloud by day" and "pillar of fire" by night because they didn't know what it was. That's why when Christians teach this to their children the cloud and pillar of fire are always disembodied from any sort of mountain. This gives it a much more magical sense that inspires greater belief. And while I do believe Moses exploited the superstitions of the Israelites I don't believe he knew about volcanoes either as they weren't that common in that region. The only reason they saw Santorini was because of just how cataclysmic it was.

Let's say that the burning bush gave Moses an indication that something geological was happening. All he had to do was spin that story so that it was God's presence and that, unlike it was with Adam, God's presence was dangerous. If he was far enough from Egypt to see the effects prior to a full eruption then he would have had foreknowledge that the fish were going to die and that certain animals that ate them would also get sick. And he could use this information against everyone, but only if they didn't know what a volcano was.
Moses is a con man???
Then how do you explain what they all experiences of the the death of the first born and the exclusion of those with rams blood on their door post.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Black People : Its The Foolish And Educated Mind That Believe Slavery Is Over!!! Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : So What That You Do Not Believe, Belief Is Your Demon Remember? Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Hear This And Believe It Not, But Know What Is Divinely True Concerning That You Know Not!!! Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Children : Mother of black and white twins says people don't believe they are both hers Black Children 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : If One doesn't believe in God or the Devil? What does that... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Eat Less Red Meat, Scientists Said. Now Some Believe That Was Bad Advice Black Health and Wellness 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Scientists Believe They Solved The Mystery Of Noah’s Ark’s Final Resting Place Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Angela22 Black People Politics : Do Y'all Really Believe Hillary Would Have Been Better for Black America than Trump... Black People Politics 126
dattaswami1 Black Astrology : Shall we believe in astrology or not? Black Astrology 3
R Spoken Word : Flow best but no success can't achieve goal believe love stole his mind and that's cold this HIP HOP blend is in the top ten he see a chick come with Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Pause To Believe Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : he believe in a circus but willing to achieve his purpose try feast and read then increase my speed Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Michelle Obama: I Didn't Believe America Was Ready For A Black President Black People Politics 5
MicTheory Black People Politics : Why I believe white extinction is real and climate change is the catalyst! Black People Politics 3
Chidike Black People : Common Sense 101-Why Do We Still Believe Marching And Holding Up Signs Will Defeat White Supremacy? Black People Open Forum 7
Beautiful black female The Front Porch : I believe so if u have the finance's to offered that luxury The Front Porch 1
blazejay Black People : I don't know what to believe now Black People Open Forum 3
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : does everyone here believe in the illuminati? Black People Politics 2
nilevalley Black People Politics : I can't believe Donald Trump may win 12:44 a.m. Nov. 9th Black People Politics 7
rapchild African Traditional Religion : Do You believe in Jesus? African Traditional Religion Study Group 18
chuck African American History Culture : What do the afrocuban people truly believe led to Obama's easing of this nation's embargo?!? African American History Culture 1
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : I used to lead tours at a plantation. You won’t believe the questions I got about slavery African American History Culture 10
rico love Black Poetry : Do you believe Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
crwn Black Spirituality Religion : You Won't Believe in Christianity Anymore or The Bible After Watching This Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Liberty Black Parenting : I don't want my kids to believe in Father Christmas Black Parenting 27
Liberty Black People Politics : Do You Believe Illegal Immigration Hurts African-Americans? Black People Politics 38
Liberty Law Forum : Do You Believe In The Death Penalty? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 6
SeedyMartini Black Spirituality Religion : Do you believe Jews/ Jesus was black? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 205
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Lawsuit: Cops Put Black Woman in Mental Hospital Because They Didn't Believe She Owned BMW Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
jamesfrmphilly Black People : “If I want to believe God for a $65 million plane, you cannot stop me,” Black People Open Forum 0
candeesweet Black Poetry : To believe or not is the quest Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Bringing in the New Year (CAN'T BELIEVE BADDRHYMER STOLE MY VERSE) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 24
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Dear Believer: Why Do You Believe? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 26
chuck African American History Culture : Who Should We Believe And What Sources Shall We Base It On? African American History Culture 0
info-moetry Black People : believe half of what u see and none of what u hear... Black People Open Forum 1
Black-king Black Spirituality Religion : You either Believe or you don't! Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 92
Angela22 Black People : Do you believe being "black" should be more exclusive? Black People Open Forum 217
John Williams Black Spirituality Religion : Islam teaches belief in the Bible (How can a Muslim not believe in the Bible?) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 54
Kadijah Black People : Do you believe in the goodness of people? Black People Open Forum 46
S Health and Wellness : Who told you that condoms block HIV? And why did you believe them? Black Health and Wellness 9
Angela22 Black People : Do you believe latter generations deserve reparations? Black People Open Forum 115
OldSoul OldSoul : John Wayne: "I believe in white supremacy..." OldSoul 5
Destee Single Black Mothers : Single Black Mothers - Don't Believe the Hype - Hold Your Head High! Black Women 17
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Poet Heru: Barack Obama is Septimius Severus: Change You Can Believe In Black People Politics 1
candeesweet Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Public Enemy - Don't Believe The Hype Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
crwn Black Spirituality Religion : Why Do We Believe Or Think The Way We Do? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 62
Destee Black People Politics : Is North Korea as Bad as the Media Wants Us to Believe - or is America More Treacherous? Black People Politics 4
chuck Black People : Why We Believe Or Don't Believe? Black People Open Forum 19
cherryblossom African American History Culture : "If You Believe The Negro Has A Soul" - M. Garvey African American History Culture 0
NUBIANNINJA Black Poetry : I DON’ T BELIEVE IN ANYTHING .....YAW’LL Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9