Black People : Do you believe in the goodness of people?

Why unfortunately Sister? Would you rather not believe in the goodness of people? If so, you can do that ya know ... :wink:

Yes, I believe in the goodness of people ... but i also recognize their ability to do harm ... and arm myself accordingly.

But if good is what they want to manifest ... i'm all for it ... i look for it ... hope for it ... and do all i can to encourage it ... yes.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Why unfortunately Sister? Would you rather not believe in the goodness of people? If so, you can do that ya know ... :wink:
That's the "unfortunate" part - I can't. :10800:

Yes, I believe in the goodness of people ... but i also recognize their ability to do harm ... and arm myself accordingly.

On a "group" level, yes. If I discover that people who wear red shoes mean me harm, I'll keep away from people who wear red shoes. Or, if I'm introduced to someone wearing red shoes, I will be polite, but wary. Tell me you belong to the Order of Dirty Ole Bastards and I will be wary. But individuals? Everyday regular folk? I am the original Open and Honest kid! I will be happy to see ya and trust my instincts to warn me when I'm so busy glad-handing that I don't see that knife you're holding behind your back. I meet people and it never, ever occurs to me they might not like me, might wish to do me harm.....

But if good is what they want to manifest ... i'm all for it ... i look for it ... hope for it ... and do all i can to encourage it ... yes.

There's the rub. I don't "wait" for goodness to be manifested. I EXPECT it, am shocked when NO-goodness manifests itself! The only thing that saves me from being taken in and shaken down (more often? :whistling: ) is that my "danger! danger! Will Robinson" instincts are 99% spot-on, I can think quickly on my feet and my reflexes are like lightning.

Love You!

backatcha! :blowkiss:

That's the "unfortunate" part - I can't. :10800:

Why can't you? The entire process resides inside your own self, dependent on nothing or no one else.

If you truly wanted to NOT believe in the goodness of people ... i think you could do that.

I see it as a choice ... but if you say you can't ... i'll believe you ... :wink:

Love You!

Destee

Why can't you? The entire process resides inside your own self, dependent on nothing or no one else.

If you truly wanted to NOT believe in the goodness of people ... i think you could do that.

I see it as a choice ... but if you say you can't ... i'll believe you ... :wink:

Love You!

Destee

A choice, eh? This is the last part of my ENFP profile (I'm a Champion Idealist):

Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

Okay? :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back