Black Relationships : DO YOU BELIEVE IN KINDRED SPIRITS OR SOUL MATES?

didnt this concept of soulmates come from Greek mythology? Something about us all having 2 heads and 4 arms etc.. we angered a god who split us up as punishment (thus the creation of humans as we know them today) and we'd wander the earth for our lives looking for our other half? :lol:

Regardless, No. I dont believe in soul mates of the general definition in believing there is one other person out there made just for you. I think there are several out there that connect soul to soul for different reasons/periods in life - but making/developing the relationship to be your life mate depends much on all these man-made life issues.. if it costs you too much you'll pass them by..

I have certainly met a few people in my travels where we KNEW each other immediately, the attraction amazing/electric, male, female, various cultures - where words were near unnecessary to communicate. I do believe the eyes are windows and mirrors to souls - and that people give off vibrations that attract/repel.

I believe one can create a soul mate to suit the common definition - you know, remain in love for ever, chemistry remains high, communicate well as excellent communication will ensure you both keep sharing/developing common thoughts/traits.. thus better soul connectivity.. etc

Actually the concept of soulmates is as old as the relationship between Goddess Isis and God Osiris, the search for a "soul mate" can be likened to Isis' search for Osiris' different parts. Interestingly enough the Female searches for a mate for her heart but the male searches for a mate for his penis. Figure that one out.

Alice Walker- perhaps in her stern feminist views- gave us a piece of truth when she said Women and Men are not supposed to be equals.

The relationships of today usually don't work out at all because of where we draw our relationship education from and also because of where society is evolving.

When we pencil in the political aspect of this whole thing then perhaps we will understand why relationships aren't working so well. Let us ask why homosexuals can fight for the right to marry and yet polygamy is still frowned on? Who is really steering the relation -ships?

The reason why most relationships do not work is because we take relationship ques from the media which was designed to control people's minds, therefore why do we think it's a good idea to follow relationship patterns found in the media?

Based on simple mathematical probability, everyone has a kindred spirit and soul mate. Everyone. But for some odd reason in today's world many of us believe that this person is supposed to live down the block? Who told you that? Martin and Gina? Who told you that? "Friends?" Who told you that? One Life to Live? All my Children? Essence? Ebony? Jet Magazine?

A search for a soul mate in literally that - a search! In Ancient times Men got up and left there villages never to be seen again until they returned home with a a Wife probably from 20 tribes down. At least even the Bible teach us that one right? So again, people will complain about their relationship and are lazy and stagnant about really finding the person they want- yet and still even oin the technological age of the internet.

So don't say there are no kindred spirits or soul mates because you've stepped outside and went down to some single's bar and no one showed up.
Some Men and Women actually have a good handful of soulmates. And on another scale, the Woman who says she doesn't want to be possessed by a Man doesn't want the Man she is with to be free- how do we suppose these equations will work out? You don't want him to possess you, but you don't want him to be free? And vice versa. As we grow more into consciousness the parameters that define our relationships will have to change.

Media has helped to dissolve some of the systems than ran our past relationships perfectly. For example. In an ideal relationship the Male was the Father spirit and the Female was the daugther spirit. Or the Female is the Mother spirit and the Male is the Son spirit. Sometimes they fluctuate between the two. In Africa the most dominant relationship concept was that of the Female as the Mother and the Male as the Son. The images of Isis and Horus for example, Madonna and Child is ancient media designed to teach the relationship structure between Man and Woman. I have no problem seeing my Queen as a Mother spirit and in turn she has no problem seeing me as a Son and Father spirit, it changes from time to time.

Now a current thinker trapped in the matrix of this world will judge this as a perversion and incest, even though these ideas had nothing to do with sex. These structures are what they are- the Male and Female will never stay together longer than 3-4 years without a similar system going on in the subconscious. Now with the Greeks, or white folks in general- that structure changed into a Brother Sister relationship. And we still joke about White folks dating their Sisters to this day, some of them do- but in truth overtime couples do become like Brother and Sister- or at least relative to each other.

We've been educated out of these structures even though our spiritual Grandmothers tried to keep them intact, nowadays we are learning from Television, magazines and money hungry groups that need to control our relationships because they need us to be more consumers. For some reason all the Women and Men that I know who has at least tried to venture out beyond their 3 dimensional landscape to find someone to mate with their soul have found someone. It's all in changing the frequency of your mind, and perhaps suggesting to yourself that it is you who are lost from them not they that are lost from you.

The idea of kindred spirits and soulmates should be beyond belief by now, but if we've lost the structure for how relationships work, souls will mate and move on. And there's nothing wrong with that either so long as people stop complaining about it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back