Black Spirituality Religion : Do you believe Christ is the saviour of the world??

MASTERY​

I,at last,have reached my Goal
and solved the mystery of my Soul
I am that to which I prayed
That to which I looked for aid,
I am that which I did seek
I am my own mountain peak

What I grant unto myself
take down from my own shelf,
and give to me The ONLY ONE
For I'm the Father and the Son
When I want, I do but see,
My wishes coming forth in me
For I'm the Knower and the Known,
Ruler, Subject, and The Throne
The "Three in ONe"is what I am,
Hell itself is but my dam

.....I do stand awake
I, my throne, do wisely take
and Rule my kingdom, which is me
A Master through Eternity

Retsama

We are our own saviors!
Harriet Tubman is my role model!

Harriet Tubman is my role model!

Yes, Harriet Tubman was illiterate but she remembered the Bible verses and other parts her mother told her as a child.

And she gave credit to God for her freedom and for all her trips back South for other slaves.

Her faith saw her through.

From its earliest beginnings, the A.M.E. Zion Church has been known for its spirit of reform and activism. In the 19th century, the church was in the forefront of the antislavery movement. Several of the best-known black abolitionists, including Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, and Sojourner Truth, joined the A.M.E. Zion Church.

http://www.wesleyan.edu/libr/schome/amezion/case1.htm

peace

Although black people had been accepted as worshippers in the Methodist tradition since it was first brought to America by Wesley and his brother Charles in the 1730s, black Methodists were often poorly treated by their white brethren. The church, by then known as the Methodist Episcopal Church, granted preaching licenses to a few black men, but they were rarely allowed to preach, even to other black members of the church. Preaching to white Methodists was out of the question. These black preachers were not allowed to join the Methodist Conference, the church’s decision-making body. In many Methodist churches, black worshippers were segregated from white members and were forced to sit in the church gallery rather than in the main area of worship. Burial rights for black Methodists were also at issue.

Several of the best-known black abolitionists, including Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, and Sojourner Truth, joined the A.M.E. Zion Church

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back