Black People : Do you believe being "black" should be more exclusive?

I ask this question because I was recently reminded of a debate I had here on Destee maybe a few months back; which thread I had this debate in escapes me, however, so I present it again in a new thread.

Do you believe being black should be more exclusive? That's to say that not anyone with a drop of "black blood" should be able to call themselves apart of our community?

I remember one part of my argument was that any with 51% or more of black blood should be able to call themselves apart, but that wasn't a fixed point; it was just something I was throwing out there at the time as I was expanding on my point.

But now I ask, what are your thoughts on this?

If that one drop gets black/negro/African-American put on your birth certificate, how can you deny people that birth right? Moreover, in that this is historic, what is your cut off point?

That's the whole confusion, up until slavery comes and white supremacy, there was no such thing as white or Black people, there were nations. To let anyone with a so called one drop blood in your midst is like inviting an FBI spy in the Black panther party, it will be your downfall, this why you have colorism in our community today high yellow get more benefits than darker because they are closer resemblance to the slave master. It's a terrible idea. The question you should ask you self is what nation are you from and how can your nation rebuild itself?

If that one drop gets black/negro/African-American put on your birth certificate, how can you deny people that birth right? Moreover, in that this is historic, what is your cut off point?

Thing is your birth certificate if your mixed might say your white or black - i might be wrong - but i think the law changed in 1989 - before then if the parents were black and white the kid was put down as black - since then the kid has been put down as the race of the mom - puttin down more than one race - in other words tickin more than one box has been allowed since around 2003 but theres still no box labelled multiracial to tick.... so theres a whole set of people goin round who may be down as white in the gov stats who are mixed and probably only a small percent of them will identify as white - most will identify as black or mixed

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back