Black People Politics : Do Y'all Really Believe Hillary Would Have Been Better for Black America than Trump...

defeat trump and every other republican......
Trump, "Moscow Mitch", Lindsay Graham and anyone else in that party who are spineless and support #45.

No, Brother, I don't. Sorry if I seem heated. I didn't mean to attack you. I just get very passionate in discussion. :oops:

We're steadily about to go over the waterfall is what I'm saying. Slow, but steady.

I'm not saying they don't have it in for us, but don't both sides? And how is it helping to keep going the same pace?

Just type Gay Reparations Bill in your search bar. I just heard of this myself. It's like they're looking to do something, anything for everyone but us.

I remember Eisenhower also Kennedy Johnson Nixon Carter Reagan Bush Clinton and the Bushit, and the thing is that what is called the Democratic Party of today is not the liberal vision it at one time tried for. In fact when I hear or read some pundit talk about the middle ground I no longer even know what they're talking about because the middle has moved so far to the right. Todays dem would be on the right side of the aisle in an Eisenhower admin. That's how far right the so called middle is.
Yes, despite the DNC's underhanded dealings that rivaled what was done to McCathy in 68, despite what I thought or rather felt about Clinton I put my check mark next to her name because whatever she wouldn't do for we Black folk I knew we also wouldn't get a stacked Supreme Court along with the equivalent Judgeships throughout the land, we'd still have an EPA, FDA, HUD might even have stood a chance, the Edu. dept. wouldn't get swept under the rug and they wouldn't be dropping cyanide bombs to be killing wolves and bears that might eat a precious cow or two. That's just for starters, so yes I held my nose and checked Clinton because yes she would have been better for us.
I figure if you wanna win ya gotta stay in the game and folding isn't an option when you've got to win.

And I'm seriously confused. Especially since I peeped another thread he posted in about "killing white people".

It's not really confusing when you think about the facts. You killing it with your keen observations and adept analysis regarding this issue.

It's not you.

What I'm about to say is generally speaking so I beg your apologies in advance beautiful Queen if I should go out of bounds...but I think what may be "confusing" you about the obvious contradictions of that poster is your willingness to extend the benefits of understanding and patience to those with deficits in higher levels of awareness.

But that's consequential, not primary, to what the real underlying issue is. Think about this. That poster constantly posts and basically jams down our throats vids by 2 people who are hustling the community about the possibility of black people getting reparations. He pushes that. That's a fact and not an attack.

So what may we infer? We know what and who he rolls with. He believes in the fantasy, right? Again, those are facts and not an attack. He approves of the messages in those vids.

Add this to the mix. That poster posts those vids of the "get yo reparations" leaders right? Here's what's interesting. Nearly all the information they have in their vids demonstrate ( to my approval) how both Democrats and Republicans have done nothing for black people since 1619 except keep us oppressed socially and economically. Facts. Look at the articles they be posting in their videos. That's where I agree with them at.

So think about it. They talk about how both Democrats and Republicans have failed black people since 1619. But then they offer "hope" that the same system which employs the Dems and Repubs (and which has been failing us since 1619) that system, they argue, can make us whole--- if we vote the right white politician.

This election gone be different this time, they say. For real, for real.

But then they say we've never gotten anything for our vote from either the Dems or the Repubs, right? In other words, if blacks just vote for the right white Dem (or Repub), we gone get them reparations in 2020---even though 400 years have shown that this event is unlikely to happen. But vote anyway because black people died for your right to do so.

What da fizzle?

I will be telling you an untruth if I say I didn't get it---people holding on to the fantasy. At this point, I'm speaking in general and not pointing anyone out. But think about this. If our people, especially black men, were to admit that nothing has changed since 1619 and that the good white folk in America ain't gone cut us out an apology check then, consider this beautiful Queen Angela, what is left for us to do?

Put another way, we gotta put our big boy pants on, right? If we man up and say we still enslaved in similar ways like our ancestors, then what is required of real men?

Yea, yall get it.

But see, instead, many of us hide behind and cloak ourselves in emotive words and illogical catch phrases like "hope" and "Democrats are better than Repubs" and "just wait a little longer" and "white racism is worse under Trump" and ish like that. Why? Again, not pointing anyone out in particular, but when we hide---we, as black men especially, we can justify why we can't protect the Village and more especially our children and our precious hearts like you Queen Angela.

...so yes I held my nose and checked Clinton because yes she would have been better for us.
I figure if you wanna win ya gotta stay in the game and folding isn't an option when you've got to win.

I relate to this because I did the same thing. I don't blame anyone for the conscious choice I made to put a check mark by her name at the polls. I knew I wasn't getting much, but I thought what she would deliver, as you described, would be better than the alternative. The day that he was declared the winner was like the movie of the 1950's, "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

so yes I held my nose and checked Clinton because yes she would have been better for us.

I don't believe she would have. I don't even think she would have been better for white people all that much.

whatever she wouldn't do for we Black folk I knew we also wouldn't get a stacked Supreme Court along with the equivalent Judgeships throughout the land, we'd still have an EPA, FDA, HUD might even have stood a chance, the Edu. dept. wouldn't get swept under the rug

It's not just what she wouldn't have done, and not just how the layout of the land has changed, but you don't believe anything negative would have come forth? I honestly believe she would have sacrificed the whole of our community. Yeah, all of that other stuff might have stayed the same, but I get the feeling her plans for the nation would have been at our expense. Democrats see us a tool to be used and then ignored. Republicans see us as enemies to be controlled or ignored.

Staying in the game is one thing. Playing the same strategy, which doesn't benefit at all, is another. That's called insanity.

Being projected to have a median wealth of zero by 2053 says something has to change now.

I just don't see how same ol', same ol' voting for the lesser of two evils is helpful?

That's all I'm sayin', really. Some seem to think we're standing still, running in place, but we aren't. We're falling, and the ground's coming up quick. Doing the same stuff is not just futile but, seemingly altogether harmful.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back