Black People Politics : Do White People Like Obama Because He's Not That Black?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by MysteryDoors, Apr 14, 2008.

1. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFPhuwGySU0

If President, What Do black and White People Think Obama Will Do to Them?

http://academic.udayton.edu/race/2008ElectionandRacism/Obama/Obama95.htm
    ....if Barack Obama is elected President, there will be ZERO Black US Senators (Obama is the only one out of 100), just two Black Governors out of 50, and out of 435 House of Representatives only about 40 are Black. Also keep in mind that nearly 70 percent of the US population is White, all major media is controlled and owned by non-Blacks, and the debilitating conditions of too many Black communities determines it's a safe bet that if Obama did really and truly care about Black concerns TOO, White people are in pretty good shape their concerns won't be put on the back burner.:shades:

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    For one, the title of your post is somewhat misleading. I interact with white democrats to a great extent who HATE Barack Obama. Especially if they are white women over 50 they are scared of an Obama presidency. Its a fallacy to assume that all white people LIKE Obama or that even a majority of them do. white Americans are split on their opinion of Obama and many white democrats will cross parties to vote Republican if Obama beats Clinton in the primaries. white democrats are outraged thanks to Michelle Obama, Jeremiah Wright, Louis Farrakhan, Al Sharpton, and also Tavis Smiley and the rumors circulated after Obama did not attend the Sate of the Black Union conference because Tavis put out stories about his family mambers and conference panelists recieving death threats. white democrats were putting out stories about the Black Panther party which caused Obama to delete the NBPP profile on his web site. Some white democrats at the time were spreading propaganda linking Obama to the Black Panthers and the Zebra killings. One white woman recently went so far as to accuse Obama of being an African slave trader and his Luo kinsmen in Kenya of the same. white people read about Raila Odinga and the fighting between vigilante groups and accuse Obama of supporting the burning down of a church as a result of the vigilante group fighting. Whites are outraged over the recent Obama statements about folks being 'bitter', the 'typical white person' and the equation of hillary clinton with 'annie oakley'. So when you speak of white people who LIKE Obama, consider these things because alot of white people will not vote for him because they will never vote for a BLACK man for POTUS.

3. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    omowalejabali
    The title of the thread is Do White People Like Obama Because He's Not That Black? I don't see the term "all white people" no where. Do you? So where do you get the idea that all white people is for Obama. I think it is insane for anyone to believe what you are indicating. The title and information is referring to a group of white people who believe in Obama.

Do you see anything in the thread that indicated that all white people hate Obama?

No, the fallacy is your assumption.
    :qqb016:

4. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    That is a question that only white people are qualified to answer.

5. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Are you qualified to answer the following question black man?:thinking:

If President, What Do black and White People Think Obama Will Do to Them?:SuN042:

6. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    I can probably only answer part of the question but before I even attempt to do that I'm gonna need some additional information about what you mean when you say what you say.

When you say "black and White People" are you talking about one person that can be both at the same time?

7. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    That depend on your definitions of what you refer as black people or white people. I'm referring to Caucasian white people and African American black people. Still clueless!

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Your thread reads 'Do White people' which makes it a generalization. But I will not argue because its not worth my time.

9. Edward Williams

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    Sir, I will not attempt to define what you mean when you say what you say. Those are your words in your thread.

YOU said "black and White People". I'm asking you, according to your definition, whatever that is, can a person, according to what you said, be "black and White" at the same time.

10. MysteryDoors

Ratings:
    +21
    Wrong! It's not a generalization toward all white people, because not all white people are Democrats. Neither does it applies to all white Democrats for that matter.