Black People : Do white people have melanin?

trying to find my way

It is a reference to a scene from the first of the Matrix trilogy. Neo is waiting to meet the Oracle for the first time. He is, by the way, jacked into the Matrix at the time. He sees a young child who _appears_ to bend a spoon by merely focusing upon it. The boy offers the spoon to Neo to attempt the same, but warns him:

CHILD: "Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth."

NEO: "What truth?"

CHILD: "There is no spoon."

If I may annoy you again with my arrogance --- we are both, you and I, confronting what _appears_ to be an immovable object, a spoon --- Agent Smith --- white folks.

One of us is attempting to bend the spoon, but that is impossible. There is, after all, no spoon. We are jacked into the Matrix and the Matrix is not real.

At the end of the last of the Matrix trilogy, Neo finally does manage to "bend the spoon". He, finally, realizes that there is no duality, there is no Neo _and_ Smith. There is only the _perception_ of duality.

Fighting Agent Smith with violence was _never_ necessary. All it did was perpetuate the cycle of life and death -- sanskara. Smith killed Neo's _body_, but Neo was reborn again because the I is not the body. Neo killed Smith's _body_, but Smith was reborn again because the I is not the body. Smith killed Trinity, but Trinity was reborn because the I is not the body.

The war ended when Neo used "his mighty arms to slay the fierce enemy that is selfish desire". Neo bent the spoon by -- embracing his enemy. He held his arms to his side and allowed Smith to do whatever he wished to Neo's _body_, which is not the I.

The I is eternal. The body, however, being temporal, has a beginning and an end. By embracing his enemy, the "good" Neo became one with the apotheosis of the "bad" Neo -- Smith.

And, the illusion of duality between Neo and Smith came to an end.

There is no spoon. There is no black. There is no white. There is only The One. All else is illusion.
@ Istlota ~~I'm new to destee, and I have questions so I ended up here. I don't understand everything because I'm learning. However, your post and for some reason make sense to me. I wanted to hate white people, but deep down inside I know that it's wrong. In the end I just can't hate them because I believe that it's a distraction from the truth, whatever the truth may be. I just know in the end hate is not it. Thank you so much for giving a different perspective on such a touchy subject.

thePreacher

Banned
@ Istlota ~~I'm new to destee, and I have questions so I ended up here. I don't understand everything because I'm learning. However, your post and for some reason make sense to me. I wanted to hate white people, but deep down inside I know that it's wrong. In the end I just can't hate them because I believe that it's a distraction from the truth, whatever the truth may be. I just know in the end hate is not it. Thank you so much for giving a different perspective on such a touchy subject.
This is an old thread from about four years ago. I still believe that All are One, and in particular that race is an illusion. As in the Matrix movies, most mortals are coppertops --- enslaved in a prison that you cannot see or touch or taste. Hence, you will find that my beliefs in the Oneness of all are considered foolish by many. As Cypher put it in the first of the trilogy, when it comes to seeking Knowledge Of Self, coppertops have decided that ignorance is bliss.

But do not let that discourage you. The majority of people are usually wrong. Straight is the Gate and narrow is the Way that leads to the Kingdom of God within and few there be who find it.

Just remind yourself, when it seems like everyone around one is ridiculing your conviction that Love is wiser than hate ... There Is No Spoon.

Welcome to Destee.com.

E

Elise1976

Seriously? If one were to believe things that are posted here, I would basically burst into flames whenever I step outside. Believe it or not, I do not. I am blue eyed, blonde (I find "honky" offensive, BTW. I prefer to be called "Blue eyed devil B****", thank you :) I have better than 20/20 eyesight. And, yes I LIKE dull colors, and I don't wear bright colors. I guess the steriotype (at least with me) is true, not because bright colors "hurt" my eyes (very silly) but because I dress modestly. I LIKE brown and grey, I do not like bright colors, because to me they seem tacky. I always see lower classes wearing hideous colors.

Uniteus

:jam:
Thanks for reminding me, (Lol), that I have a choice...I forgot the employment and college enrollment applications do leave a space for "other" :hammer:
Hey Prizmm ,i'm from london;i probably sound stupid but is that really the case for african americans and ethnicities in u.s still;that's some b.s if that's the case ,for what it's worth i'm real sorry, education is something every person needs not wants,makes me furious ,peace

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
you calling me a racist,if yes?this is very funny as i am cuban,and my wife jamaican chinese and we have a mixed daughter,try again!I was calling you a hypocrite,;if you share the views of white hatin'
um, what in the world are you talking about?